Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One in a Bizzillion

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Dix, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Dix

Dix IncGamers Member

One in a Bizzillion

I've played D2 for years, today the impossible happened. My Skellymancer needed a +3 summon amulet, after trying to trade for one with no luck (Ihave little patience when I want something) I looked at what I was carrying, mmmmm 75k gold, enough for 1 gamble and, incredibely, I got a +3 summon amulet.. Has anyone any idea of the odds of gambling for a specific amulet mod and getting it 1 go, I ran out and bought a lottery ticket but my luck, as usual, had left. :p
    Anyone got a similar 1:1000000 chance story?

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Refer to the "Best MF Ever" thread for 1:n*10^n chance stories ^^
    Yours is of course much more plausible, but there's a good chance that it's a case of noticing the hits more than the misses.

For example, I set about running eldritch specifically for a shako, nothing else would do, as I had recently aquired an eth one and wanted a real one before it broke. I made him drop one less than 100 runs in. Similar story with skullders, shortly after making a 96% MF armor I set about running looking specifically for a skullders, 20 runs in, bam skullders. Same goes for pindle and SS, after getting annoyed with 2835792735 rare monarchs from E/S I started doing pindle specifically for an SS, that one took me about 200, but hey, 200 pindle runs for an SS is pretty good.

The flipside is that I don't notice all the times that I've missed on such MF searches for specific items, as a result of not noticing them I don't have any examples to give, but I know they are there ^^

3. det

det IncGamers Member

I guess this might qualify:

In 1.10 Single Player, on my 50th or so Hell Pindle run, he dropped a Windforce.

And while gambling amulets in 1.10 and never expecting any kind of a Unique at all (hoping fore rares with good res), my pointer hovers over the recently aquired ammy from Anya..and it's Mara's Caleidoscope :clap:

4. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I found two IK armors from pindle back in 1.09. No, not the same drop, but very close. Each had a probability of about 1/100000 so that was probably the most odds-defying thing I've done. Grats on the amulet!

The odds aren't that high though. Get a million gold and you have a good chance at another one! Nevertheless, very nice, gratz!

5. BattleCookie

BattleCookie IncGamers Member

I had almost the same story with gambling an amulett. A friend and me kept doing baalruns (two necros). After we reached his room, i wanted to switch to a sorc who then used meteor to finish him. So we sticked as much mf as possible on her but we were missing one mf amulett. So i went gambling and my first try was a nice 35mf amulett. :clap:

BC :wave:

6. det

det IncGamers Member

A million gold will get you..what.. :scratch: 15 ammy? (at 63 000 each). last time I checked, odds were higher than 1:15 on anything

7. doubleOObubble

Yes det, hence the "you have a good chance". Anything else?

8. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

I gambled a Tal ammy :), was on my 5th gamble ever with my lvl 91 sorc.

9. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

I too was looking for a +3 summon ammy. I took my 2 mil in gold and went gambling. Of course I never got one. A friend (bearcub) told me he would help. I think is bought one right after I blew through my money.

Sometime it helps to have good friends than MF or gold.

:buddies:

|madman

10. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

Back in 09 I horked a WF from pindle on my VERY first Hell pindle run ever. Grand total of 35 MF :clap:

That was back when they wer going for $500 on E-bay. What did I do? Built my very first Zon to use it and then died 2 months later to a MSLEB Shenk, couldn't figure out why my Valk was disapearing so fast. Bah who cares, stand back and BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

11. BtK-radth

BtK-radth IncGamers Member

wierdest drop for me in 1.1 is hell meph dropped eagle and hellcrack at same time.
    its too bad bowzons suck.

12. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Back when I... I mean my friend used to Pindlebot, I watched one of the drops: Hydra Bow, Hydra Bow. That rare one could very well have been a failed unique, no way to tell since bows don't have durability though. Can you imagine 2 WF's in one drop (yes I realize that's impossible)?

Note: my friend has since learned his lesson about third-party programs.

13. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

I needed a +3 warcry amulet , and i waisted all my gold on my 90 sorc.. stash and inventory.. and on the last bit of bling bling i had i gambled a +3 warcry 5% ml amulet !!

14. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I've never had anything that defied the odds like that happen to me. :hanky:

I'm jealous!

15. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Don't be... every time I've found exactly what I was looking for, I croaked shortly thereafter.

The only bit of good luck I've managed to survive: a few weeks ago, I found a perfect pair of chancies with a MF character who had no MF gloves (And now, no doubt, I've jinxed him real good :D ).

16. Naheet

Naheet IncGamers Member

My luckiest moment since 1.10: Gambling 3 rings with 150000 gold, and on the last one I get a stone of jordan.

17. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

actually its not :D

im 99% sure that two windys CAN drop in the same game on one occurance!

they BOTH must drop from the SAME monster. so pindle would have to roll 2 hydra bows like in "your friends" example. then both bows get the unique check or however that works and they both become unique.

thats how it happens, or so ive read about 10 blizzilion (me new number!! lol) times here on the d2.net forums

18. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Odds of +3 skills any class: 1 in 263.

And two uniques of the same type are restricted from dropping in the same game. Sets can drop multiple times in the same game however.

19. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

ah, i always thought they meant uniques also

20. doubleOObubble

"Sets can drop multiple times in the same game however."

Tell me about it! I got three, that's right three Cathan's mesh (the armor) drop from NM Meph simultaniously back in 1.09 :lol: