Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One end, many beginnings - Birgitte the 1.07 Amazon reaches level 99

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the patch 1.07 by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Moors outside the Rogue Encampment. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Introduction

There aren't many individual 1.07 character threads around, so I thought it could be worthwhile to share some insights from her journey.

Instead of my usual formatting of stats, skills, video + journey in few pictures, I'll try to give some thoughts that may or may not help someone in the future playing this patch from the past!

It's a wall of (possibly very boring) text ahead, so be warned. Go for the video if you only want to see a quick summary how was she played and what was her equipment, instead of reading through all the blabbering :p

Journey

I started my 1.07 adventures few years back, with an usual idea of racking some of the most wanted uniques, sets and eth bases. Cubing and crafting was also quite intriguing for me, and I kept those on my mind from the start. The first character was Sorc, but I quickly started this Amazon as well. My main reasoning for an Amazon, particularly a Javazon, was that she would be quicker to reach good levels for crafting.

My Sorc hadn't made it to the Hell when Birgitte was born, so apart from some random twinking items, she found all by herself. I got carried away with Birgitte and soon I was racking Hell LK with her instead of my Sorc. Not the most efficient thing to do, but I was finding good racks left and right at the time. Amazons are not the worst rack runners. Decoy "ticks" racks to drop the next item (if they are stable that is). So with a rack near by, one could test for many possible items. Decoy can be cast faster than Hydra (which has a timer). Of course she still can't rival a Sorc who has Teleport and Telekinesis on her side, but I thought it was good enough.

Somewhere between racking Birgitte also finished Hell, with no great equipment by any means. A bit shame I don't have any memories of her actual gear, but it was far from finished anyway. Main incentive to rush to Baal was that I wanted to try Hell Cows. She was supposed to run those until 91 which opens some affixes with cubing/crafting (I think it was +3 skill tab).

So there she was running Cows and LK racks, improving little by little. By the time she got to 91 I had got most of the uniques and eth bases also, and most items I'd need for my planned Travi runner Barbarian. At some point my Sorc also made it to the Hell LK. When I brought some of the items forward, my biggest D2 project was a 1.13 Hammerdin running CS for lvl 99. He was such a time sink, that there was no time to do any 1.07 when I was pushing it for the last level. After that I found myself with all kinds of new great items, and started doing regularly play throughs with different characters. 1.07 was to be almost forgotten for couple of years.

Only recently (this spring), I got back to time traveling when the recent interest with 1.00 got also me to try it out. That got me thinking with the unfinished business I felt I had in the 1.07... crafting, cubing, Travi running, more racking... I had a memory of trying Javazon out in the Travi before I left, and the first thing to do again in 1.07 was to try her out. Soon I realized the she can do it really quickly, and relatively safely. Quickly I postponed the idea to bring my Barb to Travincal, and started running it with Javazon instead!

Levels 91-95 flew by, and I had rolled her a map with the Councils in the "balcony", 1-2 shrines on the way to them. At some point I realized the potential of added shrines, not only for exp but also the gem shrines can be important. 1.08 jewels have potential for six affixes, and need 6 perfect skulls for re-rolling. I'd need massive amount if I wanted to have any reasonable chances for something good. That got me checking few other waypoints for shrines, and lead to my final form of "hybrid Travi runs". I start by checking River of Flame, then Glacial Trail and only then come to Travincal. If any of the 3-4 shrines were exp, I'd also go and kill Eldritch and Shenk also. On top of that Glacial had a boss pack next to WP as well as Evil Urn most of the time. About half of the time Travincal also had a boss pack very close to the Councils. Experience was coming really fast that way.

After that, it was just a matter of time that the levels came. It was only the levels 97-98 and 98-99 when I made any attempt to evaluate the time I was spending while leveling this way. With a short testing I came to a conclusion that 97-98 took approximately 20 hours, and the next one maybe a bit more. I had several deaths along the way, but they didn't slow me down too much, and I was there for the items (plus crafting fodder, skulls etc.) anyway, so running some more didn't hurt at all.

Build:

Birgitte is basically a pure Javazon. She uses LF to clear out packs and picks the leftovers with Jab. She has spare points (and some points already) on the bow side, but never got around to attempt these. I believe some good bow can be better than Jab, but I was making such a quick work with the levels that I simply didn't make the attempt on time. My only Sorc was stuck with a rack the entire time I was running Travi, so I couldn't have even socketed any potential bows (I meant to rush some sockets with the Sorc). For the same reason, I stayed with an Act V merc the entire time. Pharphis had a success with fast amp triggering Act I merc also in Travi, and that was something I meant to try also. Didn't happen, and with the WP checking and more boss pack killing, maybe the more tanky Barb merc really was all I needed. Besides that, LF makes such a quick killing machine any outside amp barely helps, AND my own pair of javelins has chance to cast Amplify Damage themselves.

Gear:

Weapon:
    Code:
    Demon Stinger
    Matriarchal Javelin
    Throw Damage: 66 to 174
    One-Hand Damage: 36 to 121
    Quantity: 31
    (Amazon Only)
    Required Dexterity: 161
    Required Strength: 107
    Required Level: **
    Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Level: 54
    Fingerprint: 0x561ab166
    +15 to Life
    +177% Enhanced Damage
    +61 to Attack Rating
    4% Life stolen per hit
    10% Increased Attack Speed
    +1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking

The main selling point here is the Ctc amp. It helps Travi running Javazon a lot. I also have +300ED pair, but I found these to be superior. I also didn't mind repairing often, because checking vendors can be potentially profitable in 1.07 (Larzuk can give up to four socket to magic items!).

Body armor:
    Code:
    Arkaine's Valor
    Balrog Skin
    Defense: 1554
    Required Strength: 165
    Required Level: 85
    Indestructible
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x16b08c9d
    +200% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist +50%
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    +198 to Life (Based on Character Level)
    +247 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    Socketed (1: 0 used)

Survivability skyrockets with this thing and the life it gives. I left the socket opens, maybe some other character need it more!

Head:
    Code:
    Guillaume's Face
    Winged Helm
    Defense: 217
    Durability: 40 of 40
    Required Strength: 115
    Required Level: 34
    Fingerprint: 0x3f304234
    +15 to Strength
    +120% Enhanced Defense
    +59 to Attack Rating
    15% Increased Attack Speed
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    35% Chance of Crushing Blow
    15% Deadly Strike
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

Crushing blow shines in this patch. Had I ran cows (especially with more characters in the game) I'd have given it bigger emphasis. P1 Councils die really quickly anyway, and I thought FRW was more important with other items.

Shield:
    Code:
    Tiamat's Rebuke
    Dragon Shield
    Defense: 64
    Chance to Block:  53%
    Durability: 76 of 76
    Required Strength: 91
    Required Level: 38
    Fingerprint: 0x31b53f5c
    +10% Increased Chance of Blocking
    +10 to Minimum Damage
    +20 to Maximum Damage
    All Resistances +48
    Adds 10-25 fire damage
    Adds 8-16 lightning damage
    Adds 5-10 cold damage
    Adds 14-28 poison damage over 4 seconds
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

Socket is 'Pdiamond'. I feel this shield could be replaced with something else, like a good crafting shield for example, or maybe good magic shield with three sockets. I kept it until the end however, and what I liked most was the cold damage it gave me. Having your enemies freeze for a little while is a nice add. Raven Frost ring could've give the same effect (no elemental dmg charms in 1.07), but I needed both of my rings.

Rings and amulet:
    Code:
    Highlord's Wrath
    Amulet
    Required Level: 65
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0x4be1b3c7
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Adds 5-20 lightning damage
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    30% Faster Run/Walk

Dwarf Star
    Ring
    Required Level: 45
    Item Level: 78
    Fingerprint: 0x2f5a3591
    +40 to Life
    +25 to Maximum Stamina
    Heal Stamina Plus 15%
    Magic Damage Reduced by 15
    70% Extra Gold from Monsters

Prefix 1092 Ring of Strength
    Required Level: 3
    Item Level: 5
    Fingerprint: 0xad09640
    +1 to Strength
    +37 to Mana After Each Kill

Highlord's: it's all good, skill, LR (the most important resists by far because of MSLE) and FRW in one package... MAEK ring to keep my mana up and Dwarf Star offered me the important add to MDR so that I could tank some MSLE bolts without dying. The extra gold was a nice add, because I was repairing my javelins all the time.

Boots:
    Code:
    Natalya's Soul
    Mesh Boots
    Defense: 118
    Durability: 66 of 66
    Required Strength: 65
    Required Level: 25
    Item Level: 55
    Fingerprint: 0x4d73e466
    +75 Defense
    Lightning Resist +15%
    Cold Resist +15%
    +50 Maximum Durability
    40% Faster Run/Walk
    Heal Stamina Plus 24% (Based on Character Level)

Could be replaced by a great craft, but I wouldn't settle for anything less than 40% FRW.

Belt:
    Code:
    M'avina's Tenet
    Sharkskin Belt
    Defense: 85
    Durability: 14 of 14
    Required Strength: 20
    Required Level: 45
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x27d97cdd
    +50 Defense
    14% Mana stolen per hit
    +5 to Light Radius
    40% Faster Run/Walk

With the FRW having no diminishing returns, this was the winner's choice. SoE would work, but I wasn't that worried about my surviving.

Gloves:
    Code:
    Laying of Hands
    Bramble Mitts
    Defense: 83
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 63
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x5e0f7224
    +25 Defense
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    350% Damage to Demons
    50% Fire Absorb
    10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

Another great 1.07 set, broken, even. Hydras were not an annoyance as they barely cast them, but I enjoyed the IAS and the ED to Demons.

Inventory is full of FRW/adds (mostly minor, few good ones) plus couple life/LR to make it above 75% LR.

Merc wears: Bul Katho's Sacred Charge (the Colossus Sword, great with the 35% CB), Tal's plate and a Guillaume's.

Skills:

Maxed Lightning Fury is the main skill. Chaged Strike was used while questing and it has 14 points in it. Not the best end game skill however. Jab was left at one point, because I was holding to my spare points to the end. I could've dumped them there as well, obviously, because no bows were used.

Critical Strike and Pierce have 20 points each, and Penetrate has four points in it. D/A/E have one points each, as do Valkyrie and Decoy. Valkyrie was rather weak but Decoy is wonderful one point wonder. I used it all the time in Travincal. Casting it to the front of the monster kept the heat away from Birgitte nicely. You'll get amp'd about every time this way though, and if I did have exp shrine, I threw my LFs behind the pillars, outside.

MA/Strafe/GA each had points already, but as said, they never got to be truly tested.

Video:

I recorded video a bit before my final level ding. She's in her final form at that, showing gear, skills and stats at the end. It also shows my running routine, but misses the exp shrine routine with Shenk & Eld.

Findings:

Running 1.07 Travincal until lvl 99 ought to get you some goodies, right? You bet it does!

I'm posting just a few examples, because going through Atma stashes for any comprehensive raport would be very time consuming, and I'm sure I'd miss some anyway.

Few charms:
    Code:
    Prefix 1063 Small Charm of Maiming
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 43
    Fingerprint: 0x452d5f27
    +5 to Maximum Damage
    Lightning Resist +11%

Prefix 1165 Grand Charm of Maiming (times two! Another is in 1.13 already..)
    Required Level: 37
    Fingerprint: 0xfc0d5b
    +19 to Maximum Damage
    +1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Maiming
    Required Level: 40
    Fingerprint: 0x6d7411c3
    +21 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Maiming
    Required Level: 40
    Fingerprint: 0x42517c31
    +21 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 857 Small Charm of Greed
    Required Level: 15
    Fingerprint: 0x3c774201
    +5 to Maximum Damage
    10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Prefix 897 Grand Charm of Maiming
    Fingerprint: 0x9da8b63
    +68 to Attack Rating
    +20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Sustenance
    Required Level: 53
    Fingerprint: 0x3a290e8c
    +34 to Life
    +10 to Minimum Damage

Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Maiming
    Item Level: 93
    Fingerprint: 0x6ff7fa1
    +54 to Attack Rating
    +30 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 1142 Grand Charm of Maiming
    Fingerprint: 0x4d644e38
    +20 to Maximum Damage
    +1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Prefix 1142 Grand Charm of Sustenance
    Required Level: 23
    Fingerprint: 0x4bbcf96
    +25 to Life
    +1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

+ many many others.

I forwarded also couple skillers with life, I think. From the top of my head they were 28 life Java, and a 27 life Fire.

I'm still in the process of rolling most of my gem supplies. Couple favorites so far:
    Code:
    Prefix 1145 Amulet of the Apprentice
    Required Level: 3
    Item Level: 61
    Fingerprint: 0x1eac9347
    Fire Resist +6%
    Lightning Resist +15%
    Cold Resist +25%
    Poison Resist +33%
    10% Faster Cast Rate
    +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Prefix 1146 Amulet of Life Everlasting
    Item Level: 65
    Fingerprint: 0x4481886a
    Damage Reduced by 20
    Fire Resist +10%
    Lightning Resist +18%
    Cold Resist +25%
    Poison Resist +53%
    +3 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

I also have a big bunch of various magic items that shall have a date with Mr. Larzuk's hammer. Quite a few usable Exceptional uniques were also found, most of which I already had, like Arreat's, SoE, War Traveler, Vampire's Gaze, Valkyerie's Wing. Some I didn't, so it's good start for a Grail if I wanted.

I crafted greater caster boots with the Sols found, and both caster and blood gloves with Shaes. These were crafted "on the go" with bases from gambling. Lums and Kos were also used that way, as were Hel runes, because I found enough Aegis from vendors when repairing my stuff. Bunch of Po and Dol runes are saved for when I find a right rack. All the Orts were burned, mostly Giant Treshers were created. Couple of them +300ED but nothing major so far. I've kept my crafts apart from re-rollable weapon crafts, so maybe a separate post about those when I feel like there's enough to show off. Nothing jaw-dropping at the moment though.

I have now around 450 Pskulls to be burned for 1.08, with a good bunch of flawlesses to be shrined. That's not nearly enough, so the project of gathering those will continue for a good while. Probably at least until I have a second 99 char to bring forward and roll those ;)

My jewels stash is around 250, so there's definitely some crafting (and HF rushing!) to be made in the future...

Best rune I found was Vex. Then there were couple of Pul runes, so runes are really quite hard to come by.

Aftermath

I very much recommend 1.07 Javazon for Travincal. Barbarian will probably find more stuff because of Find Item, but maybe to have a break from that or for something different.

I think it's also good idea to go for exp shrine hunting if you want to speed up the process, maybe even killing coupe other packs on the way like I did.

The equip I had, surely works, but if one wanted to try something, I'd go and try the bow switch first. You could also have the amp from there if getting a pair of javelins with that is hard. Something else could work just as well as mine, or even better. There are few things to especially look for I think:

-FRW, more the better
    -Max LR and some MDR to save you from instant death against MSLE
    - CB speeding up the killing
    - Ctc amp to break PI

Get creative, there's no one right way to do, and the most efficient way is to be yet found.

What's next? Well, I've lots of going on in 1.13, so that will get some attention. 1.00 project is still about to seriously kick in (lvl 8x barb getting some gold finding action now and then). In 1.07 I will keep hoarding more crafting and cubing materials, maybe finally bring my Barb to Travi and rush some HFs with Sorc. Few build ideas I'd like to try out for fun as well.

Special thanks:
    All the people in the 1.07 gossip thread, for providing masses of useful information and being there to share your progress!

@WoRG for the awesome crafting guide and being a general primus motor with lots of insight and information about the patch! Thanks!

@pharphis being the last Travincal 99er (that I know), for being an encouraging example with that and thanks for the suggestions with some items and that merc setup I never tried :D

Lastly, thanks for reading and thanks SPF for being a great place to post and play around! If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to post! :)

TedDeeBoy, Reyz, GalaXyHaXz and 20 others like this.
  2. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP Diabloii.Net Member

Nice job and writeup. That speedy amazon running animation made me giggle :D

Grape likes this.
  3. ILikeRocks

ILikeRocks Diabloii.Net Member

That was the fastest Amazon I have ever seen! o_O

Great writeup, definitely the part I love most about this place!

Grape likes this.
  4. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Well done Grape, and great write-up as usual !!! Congrats on the achievement (although that 20 hours needed for 97-98 and then some more than that for 98-99 makes me want to cry, considering how long it takes now !!!)

Any next big projects coming on?

5. Grape

Thanks guys! Yea, getting a lot of FRW really does speed things up in 1.07, huh? :D Have to try max speeds with Barb, Assa or Paladin (Increased Speed, Burst of Speed or Vigor), whichever of them would be the fastest!

Thanks! Exp shrine checking and other boss packs definitely made it faster, I believe other Travi 99ers like pharphis and nulio spent a bit more time there, heh.

I think the next big project is on the way, in the form of my rare and magic only septs. Plan is to keep playing in 1.00 and 1.07 and bring some cool items for those. And then there's that Nihlathak running now in 1.13, but I try to keep that a bit like on and off project, maybe some Travincal mixed in so that I could finish the Zod God business some day :p

PandadudeSP and T72on1 like this.
  6. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

That's a sweet writeup! I'm glad you went with G face on the helm, CB with LF is just incredible. That FRW is LOL, loving it. Well played good sir.

Grape likes this.
  7. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

breath taking accomplishment congratulations sir

Grape likes this.
  8. Grape

Appreciated, thanks dudes!

G face is hard to pass by, that's for sure! Maybe +300ED/amp javas and I'd have considered Valky for even more FRW :D I was a bit lazy to not test it now, but it was working so good already, heh.

9. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Forgot to read this!

Congrats!

No weapon switch???

What about Crainte Vomir for 10 FRW!?!?!?!?!?

Grape likes this.
  10. Grape

Thanks phar!

Oh, good catch. I used various stuff. At first I had the second javelin, but I liked the amp one so much more that I gave up using the other. I also had Wizzy for a good while (casting Decoy faster, maybe). In the end, when I realized I won't be trying any bow before this is over, I had some random chromatic shield with "of Thawing". No idea if it even halved my time chilled when I didn't dodge a cold enchanted boss, but that was my intention lol.

I don't have a Crainte Vomir :( And I want two for my Barb! Espandons should drop from Baal though...

11. pharphis

nah you don't want 2 for barb because you'll want BO sticks or wizzeh or ali baba (I used wizzeh + gull and later wizzeh + ali baba when I found it) for the mana and fcr while horking. As well as BO speed I guess.

12. Grape

Maybe one Wizzy and one Crainte Vomir.

I think I'll have enough life and don't want/need much more MF, I prefer my stuff on the ground stays magic. Expect rare jewels. Not many uniques I'm really after from Travi neither, you only need that many Gazes, Valk Wings etc. Well, that Crainte Vomir would be nice indeed :p

13. pharphis

then 2x wizzy! fcr too good man...

I switched to ali baba in the end (after I found it) specifically for the huge gold find boost, though. I put lem runes in it

Grape likes this.
  14. Grape

Okay, will be easy to test wizzies against crainte vomirs / 1+1 / whatever

But guess I won't specifically go hunt for those swords, then.

15. pharphis

I'm skeptical that 20 frw helps more than more fcr + mana since you'll already have a decent amount of frw... I only have 1 sword, though.

16. Maltatai

Maltatai Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations! But what is Birgitte doing in Sanctuary and why does she raid the black tower in Travincal so much? Here is my theory:
    Birgitte: Hmm, where am I? My memory is fuzzy...what happened last evening? Ah, of course, arguing with the silly queen pretender of an employer that constantly wanders into danger. Then I went to the tavern with Matrim (note to self, give up playing dice from now on. Period). That one-eyed fellow was there too...the swearing cavalry commander...Uno! Of course.

Hratli: Welcome to Kurast, curser. Few come willingly to...

Birgitte: Wait, what did you flaming call me?

Hratli: Curser. Indeed it would take a powerful curse to send someone across the weave of ages like this, spoken by a powerful channeller of such fell incantations. Sort of the cursing mass reaching critical mass, only possible when more than one individual of incomprehensible foul-mouthedness engage in profane expressions.

Birgitte: But I don't bloody curse such things and neither does Uno Nomestra...or...maybe a LITTLE but not...it's not like people listen to us reasonable bodyguards and guardians anytime anyway!

Hratli: I rest my case.

Birgitte: Mauler milk in a cup! Just tell me what this place is.

Hratli: Few come willingly to this ancient city anymore. This is Kurast, or were, and in it's middle is the Black Tower...

Birgitte: What!? But that is close to Caemlyn! Has Andor turned to a tropical swamp now? I need to go out more. I mean, I knew it was bad with the heat and drought but this? Or is it the work of those shady Ashaman?

Hratli: A shaman? Well, you are bound to run into a flayer shaman or two, like Endugu... I hope you brought your wits with you, for sanity is in short supply here...

Birgitte: I knew it! Those poor wretches, they are all going mad by the taint of the dark one. But I bet the tower is a priority target for infiltration by one or two of the forsaken as well.

Hratli: Forsaken?

Birgitte: Yes, do you know about them? Aginor, Ishamael, Graendel, do those names tell you anything?

Hratli: Not much, no. We have an Ismail though...

Birgitte: Huh, but I guess that is a good thing. And neither Asmodean, Belial nor Lanfear?

Hratli: Ah, but these are familiar. Asmodan and Belial are lesser evils, very powerful, and in the forum the fear of LAN is well known, since the players are single players. LAN-fear is everywhere, haunting their dreams and nightmares.

Birgitte: That is her alright! Lanfear in a flaming nutshell! Tell me, is there anyone that might help me combat these evil or mad channelers of the Black Tower?

Hratli: You could speak to Natalya. She is a member of an ancient order sworn to hunt down corrupt mages, she is the one with the red cape and short hair.

Birgitte: Aha, she is a member of the red ajah? That might be handy, although they are the worst socially. I already have a weird feeling that I have stepped on her toes somehow...

Hratli: I haven't heard of any Ajah, but try the north for Anyas, they are often quite cold and might be the closest you get. Otherwise, there is a broad warrior from the north in town, he might wish to join you. From the crane tribe I believe, though he wields a sword and not a poleaxe.

Birgitte: Ah, the golden crane of Malkier. Those are serious fellows, and evidently their exiled king Lan's reputation of fearsomeness has even reached your forum. I shall seek out the borderlander and charge at the corrupted Ashamans, or 'shamans as you call them, and raid through every corner of the Black Tower. Blood and bloody ashes!

Grape, zoo and T72on1 like this.
  17. Grape

Thanks @Maltatai ! Masterful storytelling! Only thing I'm still wondering myself, is that where did Birgitte leave her bow? Birgitte Silverjavelin? Many are the ways of reincarnations...

If someone is wondering what's going on, Birgitte was a reference to one of the characters in The Wheel of Time fantasy novel series. That series was one of my favorites when I was a teenager. Looking forward to re-read (or more like re-re) those when I have a long, long vacation. Big books, those! My other 1.07 characters are also named after them, fitting or not. But maybe I don't need to worry, I'm sure Maltatai could come up with a perfectly fitting theory! :)

18. Maltatai

Maltatai Diabloii.Net Member

Now that you mention it, M'avinas bow is rather silvery... Not wanting to jump to conclusions but that sure merits an investigation in my opinion. de Seis had stopped thieving in 1.07, right?

Thank you Grape for the perfect opportunity to make fun of Lanfears name, I have wanted to make the Lan-fear joke for years.

19. Grape

Right! It's starting to make sense now. In the matter of fact, M'avinas bow can't drop in 1.07 due to messed up TC system, and due to fact that bows can't be racked...

That was brilliant!

20. NamelessPenguin

NamelessPenguin Diabloii.Net Member

What an awesome achievement, @Grape! Very cool, makes me go all nostalgic and tempted to play 1.07 :)

But no mention of runes..?

Grape likes this.