Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One CD-Key for Two Players? Questions about CD-Keys

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MaStAViC, Sep 20, 2010.

1. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

One CD-Key for Two Players? Questions about CD-Keys

Hey, how's it going?

I used to be a huge Diablo 2 player, but have gone on many hiatuses over the years. My girlfriend and I are thinking about getting into the game again, but I can't seem to find all the CD-keys I need for the both of us. I'm pretty sure I can find my two LoD/Expansion keys somewhere in storage (just going to need hours to dig through it), but can only locate one Diablo 2 original CD case with a CD key on it.

I remember someone stating that I can use just one original CD-key as long as I have two different LoD/Expansion keys. Can someone verify this?

I'm so close to just ordering a new key through eBay, but that doesn't seem worth it. I actually dropped by a few retail stores hoping the game would be on sale, but the cheapest one I found was $29.99... haha. It is nice to see stores still carrying a decade-old game though! I still remember being the first person to buy both the original and expansion games way back when I was still a teenager =P Sorry, went down memory lane for a minute there.

Thank you! Back to digging,
    ViC

2. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Re: One CD-Key for Two Players? Questions about CD-Keys

(this is a D3 forum)

However, I vaguely recall using that system with a friend. It makes sense that LOD only checks for LoD CD-Key, so just try it to see if it works. If it doesn't, well, there are services that sell legitimate CD-Keys for single digit dollar values, but I don't know how to distinguish which websites are scams and which are real.

3. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

Oh, man. Thanks for stating that so nicely. I had forgotten that there is now a Diablo 3 forum here (of course, it's been here for years now, but I have just been lurking and haven't posted here in some time).

Thanks for the information. I'll look around for a reputation site.

Moderators, is here any way you can move this thread to the appropriate forum? Thanks!
    ViC

4. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

5. Raging_Zealot

Raging_Zealot Diablo: IncGamers Member

If you do end up buying a new key, Blizzard may sell you one for less than the whole game. I had an LOD key that smudged off and I emailed them about it, I ended up sending the case in and got a new key sticker put on it for 10 dollars. This was before the botting etc. was such a huge problem though, so they might not have the same policies.