Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One barbarian to rule them all!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Mudbane, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

One barbarian to rule them all!

That's what this, my first thread ;) , is about.. Kind of..
    I quit Diablo about 6 months ago and guess what, I'm back :p
    I've been reading through the forums abit and have come to the decision to make a BvA PvP barbarian. Starting from scratch, I got him up and running and the questions have been piling up ever since. Cervantes-II is level 22 now and my main concerns over how to create one barbarian to rule them all are, at the moment:

1. I've got 15 unspent skill-points, what to do, what to do? Axe-Mastery? Leap? If I'm trying to create the optimal, all-round duelist, is Axe Mastery the way to go? And is Leap worth it?

2. I'm at base STR and DEX as we speak, should I rethink? Any insights over if there's a chance that I'll manage with these?

3. Should one invest a skill point in Inc. Stamina + Speed? Remember folks, I want him to be perfect ;)

4. This is my first attempt on making a PvP character, so all comments concerning the optimal BvA duelist are welcome. So please feel free to post links to some neat guides and stuff and everyone be sure to throw in your own two cents.

PS. Also, I'm not sure if this thread should belong to the PvP forum, if it does, feel free to move it :uhhuh:

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Might want to try reading the pvp guide in the guide sticky ;)

-Hal

3. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

Sorry 'bout that.

Hmm, yeah, you're right. I should've just read on, which I actually did, trying to find something on the subject, which I actually did, too. So this post is pretty much useless.
    Oh well, I apologize for being yet another contributor to your low Mood-Scale :p

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Hah hah, that's alright, I was giving you credit since you were polite in general and had specific BvA questions. Just figured the pvp guide might give you some more direction; if you still have questions pertaining to specifics after that, let us know.

-Hal

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

exactly, the stickies are the beginning, not the end, it's the direction they provide that's most crucial, in theory you should either get your question answered or have more specific questions once you know more about the subject

this is how people should see them, you look at them before you ask a question then see if you still need to ask or need to modify your question once you've studied up on it

6. TheTinhMan

TheTinhMan IncGamers Member

yea i want to make a bva barb also. what armor should i use?? enigma archon or dusk or fort? i need help on armor selection.

7. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

One point though (to Mudbane and TheTinhMan):

Be aware that it's hard to make a bva-barb that is successful vs bvb-barbs.
    If you want to do well in bvb you HAVE to get maxblock (~200 dex) as well as enough str to be able to wear duress instead of enigma. You also need to max shout, which will make your leap suffer.

Hence you have to make a choice; either base str/dex and suck in bvb but do better vs almost any other class (due to more life - and yes, zealots etc are beatable with crap def and no block), or waste ~150-250 skillpoints in str+dex to do well in bvb (which you will lose vs the top bvb-barbs anyway). Since you need shout in bvb you also have to sacrifice leap. Leap is godly vs any caster and very useful vs nearly all chars.

Just a little FYI - imo this is the absolute hardest and most important choice before you start building your barb. If you decide to make a bvc-barb (base str/dex - definately my choice since I find bvb utterly boring) I suggest reading blobs awesome guide in the pvp-forum, a few pages back (or just search for blobs topics - it's named "wwbarb guide. short" or something like that).

8. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Well there's no build that will be able to beat every class, but a caster killer does the best against the widest variety of classes. Just suck up BvB as a loss and go own everything else.

9. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

My point exactly. BvB=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz anyway =)

10. Mudbane

Mudbane IncGamers Member

Alright, thanks alot guys, esp. morotsjos. You really cleared things up for me. My barb's level 73 now, having 8 unspent skill-points. I guess I'll put these into Leap? For I've decided to go with the BvC build since it's seems like a more interesting choice. At the moment I've got base STR and DEX and now that you guys cleared things up for me, that's the way I'm gonna keep it.
    It's kind of difficult to kill anyone at the moment though, my 28 max dmg dagger doesn't really kill diddly-squat. Guess I'll have to look into my gear abit :p Maybe I shouldn't have started with a BvC barb as my first character after my 6 months break.. Nah, bull****, it's just gonna be abit challenging but I'll make it one way or another..

PS. morotsjos, where are you from? Norway? I'm from Finland but my main-language's swedish.. It's just that "morotsjos" sounds alot like "morotsjuice", the swedish word for carrot juice :)

11. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Ya right, I'm from sweden and you're the second guy whos figured that out =)