Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ondal's Wisdom & hostile players

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by moremayhem, Oct 14, 2006.

1. moremayhem

moremayhem IncGamers Member

Ondal's Wisdom & hostile players

Okay, so there I was, within a stone's throw of lvl 90. About 22 mil. more exp needed. So close I could almost taste it. Lvl 90 would be my highest char. ever. I remembered having an Ondal's Wisdom staff on a mule and put it on my Assassin to get to lvl 90 just that much faster. I'm joining Baal games and getting closer and closer to 90. So far so good. Then I join one game, am invited to party and a few moments later the insults begin. "nuub stick", and so forth. I just minded my own business when one of the players says "noob stick must die" and hostiles me, with much encouragement from the rest of the gang.
    I exited the game, but I started to wonder if I should have stayed in since I was still partied with the 6 other players. When someone hostiles you and you are partied does that mean everyone in the party would be able to damage the player that went hostile? Or just the two characters that are hostile to each other?

Also, is is really that much of a mistake to use Ondal's? What's wrong with a 5% exp bump?

2. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

Just Idiots that think it steals Exp

FYI to the stupid people: see if you can find the game play thread link of the official site - I would link it but....

#46. A member of my party is using Ondal's Wisdom. Is he stealing my experience?

No, not at all. It is one of the more persistent rumours, but it is not true. As confirmed by Ortliebj, the "+x% To Experience Gained" modifier found on the staff and the popular Annihilus charm is applied after the experience has been split among the party members. It has no effect on anyone but the user.
    The rumour probably originated when players using Ondal's Wisdom were called "leechers" in party games. It would be a reference to the Ondal user's reduced ability to help the party, not an experience stealing modifier.

P.S. but I hate to tell you I seem to see the big boost at LVL 91 (even for things like shopping in town for the best mod items) that seems to be the break point in level to the highest end.
    P.P.S. like Ur Tar

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

To answer your first question: if you are in a party and someone hostiles you, then he's in effect hostiling the entire party.

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Just enter the portal with your regular weapons showing and then duck behind a column before you switch to Ondals.

The morons will never see you. :wave:

5. Aminal

Aminal IncGamers Member

I have a frenzy barb and I used the ondals. But what I did was keep my normal weapons showing then when the portalk came up swiched to the ondals and went wolf. I decided to use wolfhowl because I can still be effective helping the party and still use the ondals.
    I had a noob (thinks he's better than everyone else type of person) do that 2 times in different baal runs. he went hostile. ( boy was that a mistake) the second he showed up ( he effectivly hostiled the whole group) everyone turned on him at the same time. He was forced to leave because we wouldn't let him get his body.
    When a player hostiles you if u are in a party as said above by Evrae Altana he is hostiling everyone in your party. When this happend just ask the party to help you teach the noob a lesson because he is ruining a perfectly good baal run. the majority of the time they will be more than happy to help :grin:

6. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

the reason pubs hate players using ondals is because they hate leechers who stand by the side and do nothing.

anyway, as others have suggested. ur better off switching weapons pre-post portaling.

7. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Don't forget muting option.

And by default the N key is usefull to clear screen from chat.

8. RareBear

RareBear IncGamers Member

Another reason why they hate Ondals holders is because they are complete idiots. Accurately defining the word idiot when they whine and complain, and hostile you