Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

On wands & necros

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Barl, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

On wands & necros

I found recently a (I think) good wand. It has +2 necro skills, 20fcr, +20 energy, +1 summon resist, 20 psn res. Would this be a decent summon nec wand?

And on necros, If I used a 30/20 priz sheild and 10fhr +38life armor and frostburns, would these be a decent start for a psn or bone necro?

2. belladonna

belladonna IncGamers Member

personally i would use that gear for a psn necro start. I am a stickler for having very little str investment into my pvp bonemacers for some reason lol. If u where to build a bonemancer i wouldn't go over 40ish base str. i would also prefer to use magefist over frosties for that reason also. plus the added fcr doesn't hurt either when ur dishing out spears in nvn duels. as for the 30/20 priz shield i would have to know the str requirements before i made a choice. if its over 60 i would through on the psn nec. the armor u mentioned would work fine on either build again watch out for high str req gear when making a bone nec, vit is ur best freind so any stat points u can save to through in there is best. something like 1.2k hp's with gear on a 86 bonemancer is nice to have. don't forget a nice 3sock pruby mask does wonders in nec vs nec duel.

3. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

The sheild is a bone sheild, so the str req is 25. The armor is quilted armor, so the str req is 12, and already met by base str.

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I would try to get an armor with good resists. does the shield have any stacked resists?

Its not easy to get max resists in classic so almost every item will need resists.
    magefist is much better for psn and bone necros.
    frosties are good for summoner.

5. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

The armor has fire res, but its only 17 I think, not any signifigant ammount. The sheild has stacked psn res (41 i think total psn res). If I socketed the sheild, would I want to focus on 1 resist, such as fire cold or lightning, or cover all bases with a pdiamond?

6. belladonna

belladonna IncGamers Member

i would socket it with pdiamond because in public duel games would won't generally be fighting one element and sometimes in bad manner games you would be fighting multiple types. always have some 2 3pgem shields ready in the stash for stackin cold and light which is bad manners in itself but i don't mind doing it ;p.

7. weep

weep IncGamers Member

use frost/mage depending on your other gear... you want to try and meet your FCR breakpoints of 48 or 75 % .. the latter being impossible if you use that wand instead of shard.

8. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

It sucks megaly that the most fcr on a non-barb you can get on classic is 120, only 5 fcr from the best bp :(

If i had a 130 fcr necro on classic it would be GODLY