On Mephisto and Azurewrath

Greystoke

Diabloii.Net Member
On Mephisto and Azurewrath

Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 102 to 115
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 85
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6b58ee0a
+9 to Strength
+9 to Energy
+9 to Dexterity
+9 to Vitality
+231% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250-500 magic damage
Adds 250-500 cold damage over 10 seconds
+3 to Light Radius
30% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to All Skill Levels
Level 13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped

After losing my original map seed with my sorc /clicked on normal instead of hell/ , reloaded my .org backup ATMA file , checked the seed and used the command.

Azurewrath fell from MEphisto. Item Level is obviously 87. Mephisto is lower.

How ?

Is this a side effect of the -seed command ?
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Meph is lvl 87 monsters, so he can drop it. In fact running Meph is maybe the easiest way to get Azurewrath
 

Greystoke

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Lpr, thanks Shade,

Actually there is something unusual.

It was in this forum that I read there were 4 /four/ items Hell Mephisto could not drop - Tyrael's, Azure, Arachnid's and -whatever-the-name-I-have-forgotten.

By now I've found three Arachnid's off Meph and when I asked /remember - I read HERE about Meph's no-drops on the above/ I read that there were actually two items he could not drop - Azurewrath and Tyrael's.

Now I got Azurewrath and ask again,
Could someone tell me, once and for all, please,

What exactly Mephisto cannot drop ?

Thanks in advance !
 

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
LprMan said:
Hell Meph is lvl 87 monsters, so he can drop it. In fact running Meph is maybe the easiest way to get Azurewrath
That's not quite correct. Mephisto can drop Phase Blades since he has a cap of TC78 and Phase Blades are TC75. However, the qlvl for Azurewrath is 87. This means that Mephisto (mlvl =87) can drop it but other creatures which can drop from higher TCs but have lower mlvls (e.g Pindleskin with mlvl 86 and TC cap of TC87) *cannot* drop it.

--T
 

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Greystoke said:
What exactly Mephisto cannot drop ?
After reading my answer above, you'll realize that Mephisto cannot drop any set/unique whose base item is above TC78. He can drop Arachnid's Mesh (qlvl=87, base item is Spiderweb Sash in TC63) and Azurewrath (qlvl=87, base item is Phase Blade in TC75) since his mlvl (87) is high enough to drop unique/set versions of *any* base item he can drop but not Tyreal's (or Templar's) Might since these have base items (Sacred Armor) that are TC87.

--T
 

Greystoke

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, Doc !

Information appreciated ! :worship:

Just as a sidenote.

Unless a person is running for Sacred Armours in particular - don't you think Meph has turned to be an even more lucrative MF hunt target than he was in 1.09 ?
 
OffTopic: whats with all the /random forward slashes grey?
OnTopic: so tryaels might and templarsare the only 2 items he cannot drop, is this right?
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Meph is unable to drop any item in TCs 81, 84 or 87, so there's a few more things he can't drop :)
 

Greystoke

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
OffTopic: whats with all the /random forward slashes grey?
OnTopic: so tryaels might and templarsare the only 2 items he cannot drop, is this right?
Sorry, Bob,

I usually put /text/ in my usual way instead of putting (text) into normal brackets - I prefer the couple of forward slashes - no shift needed and on the same key on the keyboard. :teeth:
 
according to www.d2exp.com tyraels might, azure, aracnid mesh, ammy charm and constricting ring are the only uniques that cannot be dropped by meph hell, and 2 of them are impossible in normal games.
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I once posted the list of items hell Meph can't drop but maybe it is time to post it again now:

Cranebeak
Death Cleaver
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Executioner's Justice
Widowmaker
Windforce
Gut Siphon
Fleshripper
Ghostflame
Stone Crusher
Schaeffer's Hammer
Earth Shifter
The Cranium Basher
Tomb Reaver
Stormspire
Astreon's Wand
Steel Pillar
Mang Song's Lesson
Frostwind
Grandfather
Lacerator
Wraith Flight
Gargoyle's Bite
Death's Web
Leviathan
Steel Carapace
Templar's Might
Tyrael's Might
Shadow Dancer
Steelrend
Veil of Steel
Nightwing's Veil
Giant Skull
Crown of Ages
Medusa's Gaze
Spirit Ward
Griffon's Eye


Aldur's Deception
Bul-Katho's Sacred Charge
Bul-Katho's Tribal Guardian
Griswold's Valor
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Honor
Taebaek's Glory
Ondal's Almighty
Immortal King's Soul Cage
Mavina's True Sight
Mavina's Embrace
Natalya's Mark
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Trang-Oul's Guise
Trang-Oul's Girth
Cow King's Horns
Cow King's Hide
Cow King's Hooves


Zod
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, but d2exp is telling you what can't be dropped in Durance 3. Meph himself can't drop above TC78 - but any random bosses (Blood Lords, Undead Stygian Dolls) can drop from TC87, but won't be high enough level to drop Tyrael's.

Azurewrath and Arachnid Mesh can be dropped by Meph and these random bosses, as we've already established :)
 

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
according to www.d2exp.com tyraels might, azure, aracnid mesh, ammy charm and constricting ring are the only uniques that cannot be dropped by meph hell, and 2 of them are impossible in normal games.
You are not interpreting the data correctly. What it shows is for the regular creatures in those areas and not for the Bosses/Superuniques. Due to the area level effect, the regular creatures in Durance 3 get a boost in their TCs to what you see but not Mephisto.

--T
 
so for high lvl uniques you diont need to run meph, just those monsters leading up to him, althoguh they have a lower chance of uniques, they can drop most items.
 

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Greystoke said:
Thanks Lpr, thanks Shade,

Actually there is something unusual.

It was in this forum that I read there were 4 /four/ items Hell Mephisto could not drop - Tyrael's, Azure, Arachnid's and -whatever-the-name-I-have-forgotten.

By now I've found three Arachnid's off Meph and when I asked /remember - I read HERE about Meph's no-drops on the above/ I read that there were actually two items he could not drop - Azurewrath and Tyrael's.

Now I got Azurewrath and ask again,
Could someone tell me, once and for all, please,

What exactly Mephisto cannot drop ?

Thanks in advance !
You're thinking of Pindleskin, who is mlvl 86, whereas Meph is mlvl 87. Pindle cannot drop those because they are qlvl 87. However, Pindle can drop a longer list of items that Meph can.
 
Top