on bypassing block

thing

Diabloii.Net Member
on bypassing block

just wondering, does blocking work while youre in block animation? say for example your fbr is at 5 frames and someone is zealing or wwing u at 4fpa. does that mean after a successful block the next swing wont be checked at all?

also does anyone know how dual wielding works with blocking? is the primary weapon checked before the secondary weapon? cuz if that is how it works it might be better to hold the stronger weapon in the secondary hand vs max blockers

Block checks all the time, but if the enemy is attacking faster than you can block then you'll be block locked. That's why Faster Block Rate is important :)

morotsjos

Banned
thing said:
just wondering, does blocking work while youre in block animation? say for example your fbr is at 5 frames and someone is zealing or wwing u at 4fpa. does that mean after a successful block the next swing wont be checked at all?

also does anyone know how dual wielding works with blocking? is the primary weapon checked before the secondary weapon? cuz if that is how it works it might be better to hold the stronger weapon in the secondary hand vs max blockers
I asked the same thing (about dualwield) a few months ago, but I didn't really get any definite answers. Apparently it's quite complex, but maybe someone like RTB has some info...

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
I aim looking for answers too. :(

Dualwielding attacks twice in the same frame against the same target from frame 8 onwards,how does this work with block? You cant block twice in the same frame for sure.So does one of the attack bypass block or both attacks from dualwield are in essence treated like a single attack?..IIRC..The same question was asked a long time ago,mcm only partially answered it.

edit:Heres the thread.

Rik

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
While in blocking animation you can still block, but there won't be a new animation. When dual-wielding two seperate attacks are made against a lone target, thus you can block/dodge both of them even though they're attempted in the same frame.
I also remember Blizzard claiming they removed block-lock by not displaying the blocking animation until x frames after a blocking animation finished. Not sure if they actually implemented that.

RetroStar said:
I swear that guy is a walking dictionary.
I used to be called that. :cheesy:

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
While in blocking animation you can still block, but there won't be a new animation. When dual-wielding two seperate attacks are made against a lone target, thus you can block/dodge both of them even though they're attempted in the same frame.
I also remember Blizzard claiming they removed block-lock by not displaying the blocking animation until x frames after a blocking animation finished. Not sure if they actually implemented that.

I used to be called that. :cheesy:
three cheers for RTB. :clap:

Rik

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
imo blocklocking is gone.
in 09 a simple way to kill or get a few hits on sorc was namelocking when on screen. They'd pause to block again and again and had trouble teleporting away.
Now they block and teleport with no trouble.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
It's still very useful, see FBR tables for amazon using 1h swinging weapons. More FBr also allows you to recover from a succesful block faster, and thus giving you an edge over your opponent.