Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"OMG YOU STOLE MY GOLD NECRO"

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Slayer193, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

"OMG YOU STOLE MY GOLD NECRO"

Okay im getting sick of this, whenever some one dies and the gold pile touches the ground, regardless of who picks it up it gets split up in the party right? So then that means it doesn't really matter if the person who died gets his gold or not because it's gonna get split up anyways right?

2. KillerQueen

KillerQueen IncGamers Member

Right 6-7-8-9-10

3. Deadbolt13

Deadbolt13 IncGamers Member

I must've been in that game, cause I remember someone saying that exact line (or at least pretty close), and I ended up explaining the whole thing about splitting up the gold. Were you in that game?

4. Slayer193

Actually I had to do explaining while everyone else was just quiet... the guy that lost the gold was quiet too and could only come up with calling me "***"

5. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Doesn't it only split to the characters in the party that are in the same area? So the char who died and someone picks his money up while he's in town doesn't get any split? If that gold is over like 5K, then it is most likely not the team's gold, but the char's if he had some gold on him body at the time of death. I don't believe that picking up gold dropped by a corpse is okay at all. I know I don't like when people pick up my gold when I am gonna need it for repairs.

6. Deadbolt13

Deadbolt13 IncGamers Member

Yes... but... still, I enjoy explaining it to them, and they end up being quiet, rather than going on and on and on and on and on... you get the idea :)

7. Slayer193

Getting gold isnt that big of a freakin' deal though, just sell the rare crap that drops or something.... its just ******** when people get pissy over 15k dropping.

8. Jonashi

Jonashi IncGamers Member

That should teach them to gamble more often. But then again, I'm just a gambling addict :)

9. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Actually the picker gets a greater share (5% or 10% more than others don't remember how much exactly), like with party experience pool - killer get 10% bonus.
    Whole looting gold thing is pretty funny though. Once in the game some dude died and he dropped over 150k gold, so the other guy said "omg", unpartied and picked up his gold :lol:

10. Rigel Kent

Rigel Kent IncGamers Member

Sometimes it splits and sometimes it doesn't. It really mystifies me. I can't tell whether it's something the players are doing (outside a certain radius?), or something weird going on server-side.

Either way, gold grabbers always cheat the dropper out of their share. Either way, the dropper can recover his loss with just a quick unparty/reparty. That's why grabbers get yelled at; it's poor manners.

Wish they would just take both the gold splitting and gold dropping features out, though. Gold splitting does more harm than good in this game, and gold dropping is just another grief-friendly feature in a game already saturated with rude players.

11. KillerQueen

KillerQueen IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about how or when it splits the gold, but people normally start yelling and carrying on about getting it back. I usually send a tp when someone in my party dies, and leave their gold, but if someone picks it up and I get part of it I am not going to give any back.

12. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

the gold is ur prize for killing pplz. gold > ear

13. AlexTed

AlexTed IncGamers Member

Gold doesn't split when the owner takes them near his body. Try and amaze.

14. KranK

KranK IncGamers Member

So you explained your petty thievery and no one said anything in response. You're amazing. I sit in awe.

15. Thanatosia

Thanatosia IncGamers Member

Goldsnatching is lame, but the cryers are even lamer. First, gold realy is'nt worth much, so why bother snatchign it or B&Ming if yours gets snatched? Second, it takes all of a few seconds to stash your giant hoard of gold, if you cant be bothered to make the few mouseclicks, then its not important enough to you to make me care. I get so tired of every public game someone dies, someone else snatches the gold, and then we all hear the dead guy go 'WHO TOOK MY GOLD?!?!?!'. Fortunately I usualy have a fairly healthy supply in my stash and just pay the idiot out of pocket what he claims he lost just to get him to shut up, its not worth anything anyhow. Its simple, if the gold is valuabe to you, stash it. If not, dont freaking spaz out if you loose it, its your own dang fault.

16. logic_bomb

logic_bomb IncGamers Member

ya, i always have a bunch of gold too(I save up like a mil or so and then gamble) so I usually just give gold to people when they're whining like biatches. of course, about half the time they keep whining and accuse me of taking the gold....

17. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

oh yeah.. we don't have these problems in hc ^_^

18. GIR

GIR Banned

I know, really. Fully stash of gold? Go gamble. If not, and you insist on carrying it around with you, too bad. People making new charachters especially will go after the gold, since sometimes they can fill themselves up if the drop is large enough.

This seems to be something I don't know about, but why do Necros always get blamed. Every bloody time I'm playing a Necro, and someone swipes someone's gold, I always get blamed to it. Something I'm missing here?