Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

omg, another poisonmancer?! pvp this time

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zooply, Sep 13, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

omg, another poisonmancer?! pvp this time

Ok sorry to bug you guys yet again lol. I've been looking at the poisonmancer pvp guide in the mouldy tome section, and think it'd be a fun build to follow along. I got some of the stuff already for it, and well, i'll just list how i'm planning this out.

Stats:
    str: 50 (i got an 18 atr nec torch, and plan on getting an anni, and will just barely meet the str req for a dusk nigma:grin: )
    dex: this has me a bit confused cause i never done a blockmancer, and isn't it the higher your char lvl the more you need in dex to get max block? so just how much should i be putting here?
    vita: all extra points
    energy: i'm not sure if i'll need anything here. i already got a soj which should help, and with optimal gear i can use it without losing any casting breakpoints

Gear i need: (other gear that was listed i already have, like dweb, fcr rings, etc.)
    -3pnb, 20 fcr circlet
    -dusk enigma
    -homunculus
    -arachnids
    -3 pnb 10fcr ammy
    -anni
    (i got marrows, but would those be the best choice for this build? altho they do help in mana:tongue: )

The skills i think seem pretty simple. max poison tree, b. prison, curses all the way down to lr, and golems down to fire. i may put a point into s. resist, g. mastery, s. mastery, and revives just to beef up golems a bit for pvp and have some revives for shields in pvm, but that stuff is pretty trivial considering it'll be pvp. I'd get a cta on switch too but, the stuff i need seems expensive enough as it is lol.

p.s. i know this is the wrong place to ask, but what do 3pnb 10fcr ammys and 3pnb 20fcr circlets cost?

2. garion

garion IncGamers Member

maybe deaths web? socked with 5/5

or a hoto (ive seen psnnancer wield this before...but i don't pvp...just something to consider....)

alternatively you could use 3 piece trangs..but that might not be the best for PvP...its just for the psn bonus...

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

hello again garion lol.

ya i already got the dweb with the socket, just needs the facet =P hoto may be a good choice also, with the resists, life regen, mana boost, +skills, fcr......... hmmm it's not sounding bad at all now(also would help me hit that 125 breakpoint). you got me thinking about that now lol. and ya i think you're right on the trangs. cause the only extra boost i'd get from 3 as opposed to just gloves is the -25% psn res, which is nice, but it won't help keep me alive where the homun would

my newest question though now is what's the best combination of these for wep & shield: hoto, homun, spirit shield/sword, dweb

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

for pvp...maybe hoto + homun(5/5 or pdiamond) or dwebb 5/5 + homun...but then again spirit could help you get that 125% also...which is more important then dmg...

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Homunculus is not comparable to SS for pvp. The main purpose of using homunculus is for block and against melee. SS offers block and also lots of DR.

If you're dueling casters, use spirit shield + dweb and hit 125%FCR. For rest, I find 75% FCR + Dweb good enough.

Also summons are a must for meat shield. Since you'll be getting pretty close to the enemy to nova them.

Load your inventory with resist scs since necros suffer from bad resist especially if you use SS or Spirit.

IMO, Wizpike > HOTO by miles. The +3 skills on hoto is neglectable in pvp due to pvp penalty and resist on enemies. The 50%FCR/huge mana boost and mana regen and up to 90% all resist with jewel (which necro lack as i stated) all in one.

So either go with wizpike or dweb, whatever suits you but the -psn resist is the killer on dweb so i'll take dweb for sure. but its up to you, i'll have both in stash to stack against casters.

my psn necro pvp hits 125%FCR, max block and uses dweb. also you might want to use trang glove, boost your dmg by tons.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ya trang glove is a given. no gloves better for a nec ^_^. maybe i'll get a wizspike and put it on switch. i have a low spirit sword, but as a wep i think wizzy would beat it out (may see about getting a spirit monarch though). i have yet to even get started on the guy cause well, all my mules are chock full of stuff lol.

btw retro, by ss do you mean spirit sword/shield or stormshield?

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

ss = stormshield. use it for block + DR for melee, you won't need it most of the time (for me)

spirit sword is pointless unless you're going for pure vita and need the FHR

8. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

well i took a look at the other pvp poisonmancer thread, and it seems to answer alot of questions and now i think i'm just down to trouble on 2 points: vitamancer, or blockmancer? vita has more life and is easier to get to 125, whereas block loses less life but will need more work to break 125. vita is supposed to better for casters and block for melees. (btw i think i read somewhere nova necs weren't too great against casters?) vita would either use darkforce or spirit, block with homun or ss. 2nd point is, which is more important: 125 fcr (wizzy) or damage (dweb)?

p.s. this is very confusing lol:scratch:

9. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

10. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ya i didn't notice that until you mentioned it. i know you can get 90 with 2 rings, arach, trang glove, ammy, and circlet, but you'd have to sacrifice either dweb or a shield that has any decent block. maybe there's boots? i dunno but i think for me it comes down to troubleshooting these: fcr, block, vita, damage, and maybe fhr

p.s. anyone know if fhr is important really anyways?

11. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i haven't really heard many psnancers mentioning FHR...so i guess its mainly FCR and Blck....besides psn dmg and -res...

12. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Every necro needs to attain an 86% FHR IMO. Nothing lower.

13. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

well it would be possible for me to reach 86 fhr, 125 fcr, and max block but it's looking pretty expensive in gear lol

14. sHu skeet

sHu skeet IncGamers Member

yyeah so I have a thread goin about pvp novamancer which is probably the one you looked at. I think there are lots of issues and discussion points to be brought up about this build and we should get some opinions from experienced 1.11 pvp novamancers to see how they like their builds and what they would do differently if they remade the char. lets keep the info all in one place though (ONE thread) ... just a thought :)

15. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

I love novamancers yet in the fast PVP environment I could not find a way to attain max block/125% FCR & PDR which sorta cripples the build a little since casters are very hard to catch at 75% FCR so I gave up on the build for general dueling. Somehow Retrostar had a way to do this but I have yet to see a repost in here with what he uses. Maybe it is because of the hacked gloves on west. don't know. Several things are important IMO though for this build.

Max Block (with SS it is a huge advantage, the PDR along with BA is huge over homo, etc. or any other shield). If you have not tested this out please test before telling me that another shield for all around pubby's is better. No block is a dead novamancer PERIOD.

86% FHR is needed.

75% FCR is needed. 125% with PDR and max block would be sick and very godly yet I have yet to see a way to get this? anyone???? Retrostar????

Final note: Poison can be absorbed. I have yet to find a way to get enough -res gear with LR to negate someone stacking up on poison resists. I am not saying there is not a number but I have found that it is actually really easy to stack against.

Well, those are my thoughts.

Oh, and Retro, please let me know how you are getting 125% FCR with max block and PDR, etc. I may decide to remake my novamancer if this is even possible without whizzy cough cough cough gloves which is very lame IMO.

16. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i don't see how pdr, 125fcr, and max block would be so hard to achieve. you could get 140% with 2 fcr rings, fcr ammy, fcr circlet, arachs, wizzy, and trang gloves. and you could reach max block and get some pdr with ss. personally though i dunno between ss and homun still. ss has pdr, some resist, and higher defense, but homun has 40 res all, better blocking abilities it seems, mana regen, and a boost to skills.

but anyways i'm so far leaning towards blockmancer, but the part that bites is i can't use dweb without losing the 125. (i could use dweb and still have 125 with a vitamancer though:tongue: )

shu skeet: sorry about that lol. i knew about your thread, i guess it just slipped my mind when i made this one =(. i'd be more than happy though to keep these questions in 1 thread, whichever one you choose =P

17. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

not while using dweb as retro does. You need dweb in PVP, it is sorta a huge advantage. Reread retros post. He gets max block, 125% FCR while using dweb???????

SS is a much better shield just for the PDR it has over homo. The +skills on homo are not needed or an issue. SS with your BA is huge compared to homo and BA. I have tested it and there is a big difference. Have a friend using a grief/beast WW barb test the shields with you. It will not take long for you to see what I mean.

18. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ya but as of right now i can't figure out how retro does it. (guess i'll have to wait until he replies but i'm impatient:tongue: i may check again online to see if i'm missing something)

as far as ss, as far as dueling melees ss > homun. no doubt about that one:grin: but homun still has the mana regen & res all going for it, and the +skills may not be much considering it's pvp but it certainly doesn't hurt:wink3:

19. sHu skeet

sHu skeet IncGamers Member

I think it's a pretty easy choice:

SS for melee
    Spirit for casters
    Homonc for ???

The spirit is what allows you to hit the 125 fcr while using DWeb. Also gives +2 skills and a whopping 55fhr in addition to resists. You should have enough dex to have max block with your SS to give you 50%pdr, max block, decent defense, and decent life against melee. Blocking is useless against casters so you go with the speed+hit recovery+skills of spirit. What I'm stuck on is what to socket the Dweb, Shako, and SS with ?????

Psn Facet is an obvious option for both
    Shael in the Shako or SS or both could be a good move, the shael would allow you to hit the higher FBR breakpoint
    Eld in the SS is a possibility to require less dex for max block and therefore more life!

Thoughts?

20. MaG_Thunder

MaG_Thunder IncGamers Member

heres a few setups i use in pubbies..
    in all these builds i consistenly use enigma, trangs, arachs, and treks

-for casters-
    wizzy, homunc (5/5 p facet), 1 fcr ammy + 1 fcr rings w/ resists, 1 soj, 2/20 circ (um'd shako too)- 125% fcr bp, stacked resists

-for melee-
    dweb(5/5), ss (eld), shaeled shako, 2 sojs, 2 nec 97 life ammy- 75% fcr/max block, nice DR, decent fhr, -resist gear

-vs all-
    dweb, homunc, um'd shako, 2 sojs, 2 nec 97 life ammy-max resists, -resist gear, high life/mana

I whip out a spirit monarch when i need the fhr (trappers, windies)
    DON'T USE HOTO, it sucks lol
    To be honest there is almost no difference for me between 75% and 125% fcr. 125% is only necessary for really fast and really smart sorceress's/necro's