Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

omg another pit run question...your mf/run amts/item finding der=0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wedoz, Feb 4, 2004.

1. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

omg another pit run question...your mf/run amts/item finding

yes this is another "pit run" thread made by me. so it's special.

anyways. you guys that do run the pits i just have a few questions for you.

how much mf do you use?

how many runs do you do? just one or like 20 or...

how often do you find something worth keeping/trading. i understand that meph drops more frequently, just wondering how often the drops of something decent to godly is.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Personally

500MF

40 runs a day?

I've had uber-leets every five runs some days, and then there have been times when it takes me half a day to find a single decent item. It's spontaneous.

3. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

I have just under 500% mf, I do no more than 3 pit runs unless I get drops I like in 2 of the 3 runs.

Luck is a major factor, if my luck is good in the 1st 3 runs I"ll do about 10, if nothing I want drops in the 1st 3 runs I do something other than mfing.

10 runs is my personal limit, even if good things are dropping, more than 10 pit runs is too repetitive for me.

Besides I like playing with non-mf characters decked out in the goodies I"ve found in the pit too :D

4. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

My zon has 0 mf. Pit runs are still profitable for items and experience. I will need to mule after 12 - 15 runs. Found Hellslayer last night.

NB :)

5. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

My 100-run results comparison is on this post - it answers your questions with statistics. Be aware teh last 50 runs were done with a second person in the game.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=128081

A tip I saw yesterday is that while peopel are making their way down to WS Chamber during a Baal run, teleport over to the Pit and teleport like mad throught the entire Pit to spawn all the creatures down there but not wasting time killing anything. Then jump back and join the rest in the Baal run. After Baal is finished and most everyone else has left, go back to the Pit and kill everything. That way the monsters will drop as if it was a full game.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Interesting. It will be a while before I can do anything like that, as I am sticking to soloing in the Pit ... Need better gear for multi.

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Good tip!

NB :)

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

yep, it's the same thing there than what it is on single player with the /players command. Once you've activated a critter in game, it's player setting stays permanently that way for that game.

9. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I forgot to add, I just made a pure Blizzard sorc for running Meph/Trav. I took my necro's MF gear and put it on her, so she's got about 225 MF. Even though 1.10 has made the Durance2 level HUGE now, I can always find the stairs in under 30 seconds thanks to the FCR from Wizardspike and Magefist for very fast teleporting. In about 7 runs of initial testing I've collected Trang's armor & shield, Andarial's Visage, IK gloves&boots and Flamebellow, among the things I can remember. Each run takes me under 4 minutes but I'm learning some strategies that pair time off from the total run. As far as I'm concerned, Meph runs are far more productive for exceptional items and a few elites. 80-90% of what he's dropping me seems to be at least a rare, which is fine by me since I can get useful rare stuff -especially mf/resist boots. My goal is to find a HoZ, Occy, Skullders, Shako, Shaft, and Marrows. I think the odds are better for finding these faster by doing Meph runs with my Blizz sorc than the Pit.

10. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

This is very true. If you are poor or "middle class", doing Meph is still the better thing to do until you have at least 2 Harlequin Crest's, an HoZ, an Arreats, Stormshields, a good selection of unique rings and amulets etc.

The only reason I think to do the pits is to find Tal Rasha's Guardianship (which also can drop from the armor rack in Durance 3) and those set and unique armors that Meph himself can't drop. Remember that any non-superunique boss in Durance 3 can also drop very high treasure classes as well.

11. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I perosnally do only two or three pit runs a day and then I stick to meph. I can find some decent sets and uniques, I give most of the stuff I find to newbs. I just found a really low-lvl unique bow and I gave it to some zon, she got pretty excited over a unique short battle bow (forgot the name). And in regards to pit runs? I find some socketed items but I don't find much of anything else. The best I got was a manald heal ring. Bad luck.

12. Kurrelgyre

Kurrelgyre IncGamers Member

AFAIK this will work for monster stats and experience but NOT for drops.
    The drop is caclulated at the moment of monster death, not when it spawns, and will use the number of players present at that moment. The hit points of the monsters and the experience gained on death is set when they spawn.
    I am sure it worked this way in 1.09 - did it change in 1.10?

13. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

You are correct as far as I know. Spawning them at 8 players, then killing them when everyone is gone does not effect their drops, they will drop as if there is only 1 player in the game. They will however have the hitpoints as if there'd be 8 players, and yield the XP as if there's be 8 players in the game.

14. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I would assume that's the way it should be. Maybe the fellow I read this from was mistaken and got me to question my own understanding of it.

15. Knightmare

Knightmare IncGamers Member

Do you all do pit runs in a full game?

16. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

meph hates me

he realy realy does

last night i about threw my comp out the window. had one of them down nights where i ran meph for about 3 hours and only had maybe 3 uniques drop. it was honestly that bad.

ran him most of tonight and didn't get much again (350 mf).

but tomorrow night i'm running him until my eyes can't stay open. i'm bound and determined to get something

17. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Well I try to, but it's very hard to get a game where 8 people stay. Usually the dying starts around the 2nd minute and people leave like madmen. I'm usually happy if I finish the run with 4 players in the game.

I also have a tendency to give in to the appeals for help from other players and then end my run to go help them. That however depends on the way they ask, if they ask like "HEY PALA COME HELP" then I usually ignore them, if they ask nicely I usually go and help.

18. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

I gave up helping people after my 18 hc zon got PK'd for giving the arcane wp to a jackass.

A couple of nights ago, my ** zon was hammering on DC solo and a 74 necro joined the game. I party with the necro, as I figure his skellies will keep DC busy. As DC gets close to dying I move in close (31% life steal) and necro is 1/2 screen away. Charm hits ground, and friggin necro uses pickit. All I saw was flash of charm. I came very close to crossing to the "dark side" and PKing the jerk.

So much for helping and being helped.

NB :grrr: