Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

crazy 1.09 days. I remember ww barb was pretty good at cow runs. I did had one ran cows to lvl98 (sometimes with friend), and then gave up. It was boring as hell, I just couldn't do it. During one of the cow runs, a cham dropped, the host took it (my friend). Later the cham was cubed to make zod (took all my and his runes saved since 1.09).

Vantek

Diabloii.Net Member

The year-old posts made me think... They say Pindle run takes 20 sec? But does this include the loading times? I know on my (admittedly terrible) PC those alone take 20 sec, plus a bit of slowness at the start of the session while the engine flexes itself. So for me, pure Pindle runs just aren't an option because half the time I'd be looking at the light coming out of the door. But even if it takes 5 seconds or so, doesn't it still just drive people nuts? Or is it really just 1-sec click-click-click-go on a decent computer?

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, if you run in windowed mode, the load time is CONSIDERABLY reduced. You can shave more time off by running with the -ns switch. My addendum to the MF guide that I'm working on will have tons of ways to shave time... I just didn't realize how much random info I had till I started compiling it heh.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member

I've been running Pindle a bunch lately, and yes, with windowed mode and no music, the load time is greatly reduced. My runs take 25-45 seconds (including load time), depending on whether Pindle spawns lightning immune (running with a LF zon).

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member

Now just think skunk... if you somehow had 2 ber's you could run the lightning immune pindle in mere seconds as well hehe.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member

If I had two Bers, I'd probably already have most of the things Pindle can drop, and I wouldn't be bothering :cool:

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry but... ??windowed mode??
You can run D2 in windowed mode (instead of full screen) by adding "-w" to your shortcut command line. This has the side benefit of making the loading time and save-and-exit time much quicker.