Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyreal's and Zods aren't things you go looking for. When you are ready, they will reveal themselves to you.
Everyone said it was not possible to find a Templar's Might without doing pit runs, and one day it just popped up when I killed Baal in a baal run. Yes, it was b.net, but still counts if I found it, yes?

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
This

trihero said:
the uniques can get cold enchanted, magic resistant, and even spectral hit. That's a unique I have to spend time on, waiting for the merc to finish it off.
and this

trihero said:
(static field which I never use, warmth, tele + kinesis).
are directly related.

Static Field is the best 1 point wonder. How many other spells can reduce a monter to half his health in less then 2 seconds?

-hps

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
trihero said:
I guess a hammerdin with the right equips probably would be the fastest. Vigor's movespeed bonus doesn't have diminishing returns like item bonuses do, so you'd be running really fast, and you'd have it at level 20 for the synergy to hammer :scratch:
\
Kab wears an enigma i.e. teleport. Teh vigor helps, but it's not the primary movement. Teleport is instant and doesn't kill your blocking/defense.

crg

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
trihero said:
2 drops/25 seconds > 5 drops/70 seconds, so pindle > tunnels besides those items which pindle can't drop.

I'm not terribly good on items yet and I'm totally cold, so doing tunnels will be slower for me, but what's your guys's input on this? Just go to tunnels and start mf'ing away if tyrael's is the goal? Or stay with pindle until the last couple grailies are needed?
On my Tunnel map I can get an average of 8 unique monsters, about. 6-8 spawn on the map +1 spawn that is always there -- although some maps are better than others. On that map (or at least the map I used to have) I could average 65 seconds per 8 uniques @ ~620% MF, vs. 20 seconds for 2 drops at Pindle, with about 725% MF. Let's assume it was more than 65 seconds -- then it would still be about 8.5 seconds per drop, while Pindle would be 10 seconds per drop. Not to mention Pindle cannot drop the 3 qlvl87s. Tunnels is a bit more dangerous but still a yawnfest with maxed resistances... the gear was standard stuff. Something like... Full Tal's, 2x Nagels, Chance Guard, War Travs, Rhyme shield... Gheed's and all MF small charms save for a couple to fill up resistances. Definitely achieveable gear.

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
Static Field is the best 1 point wonder. How many other spells can reduce a monter to half his health in less then 2 seconds?
I regret learning static field. I only needed it in normal mode to own the bosses (I used a staff with +static field back then); after that blizzard destroyed everything. I learned static field at level 85 I think because I kept reading how it owns and owns, but it just doesn't for my play. I don't go looking for cold immune monsters, and when I do, either the merc can kill it, or he can't, static doesn't change that, maybe makes it a couple seconds faster considering how fast he already gets the monster down past half life with a reaper's toll (I never static field pindle when he's CI, the merc kills him fast enough and I have to get too close to use it). I don't have enough FCR to make it to 1/2 hp in 2 seconds, either, due to my MF setup. Maybe static will find use if I try to kill baal...

Call me a bugger, but I still haven't found a single war traveler's (I found about 5 goreriders and 3 aldur advances to make up for this -_-), this hurts my setup. I'm relying on tangrid's amulet + boots. I have a full tal set thanks to pindle my nizzle, but if I swap out the tangred amulet then I'd have to go gamble some rare MF boots, which will most likely be worse than travs.

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
trihero said:
Call me a bugger, but I still haven't found a single war traveler's (I found about 5 goreriders and 3 aldur advances to make up for this -_-), this hurts my setup. I'm relying on tangrid's amulet + boots. I have a full tal set thanks to pindle my nizzle, but if I swap out the tangred amulet then I'd have to go gamble some rare MF boots, which will most likely be worse than travs.
Hey man, just keep it up. I know there's a lot of us here who have some prety uber setups, but we all started somewhere. You're just mf'ing right now with poor man's blizzard (as the saying goes), and that's fine. HF has severe diminishing returns above about 250%, iirc (or is it 200?), so once you hit that mark, you'll be fine. Just keep at it. Meph should be your first target, and once you're happy with the gear's he given you, move to pindle/tunnels/baal, if that's your thing.

crg

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Static Field is a must for Baal runs. Even at higher players settings it scales and still works at its full. Also very nice for Lister, for my playstyle at least. Wait at the top of the stairs for Lister to spawn, with the merc blocking the choke point (stairs). Have 2 Blizzards going by the time he spawns, and GS the minion closest to the stairs once. Then start static'ing while making sure there are always 2 Blizzards going. It does indeed increase the killing speed.

PestInReace

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

Remembered when bartuc dropped me a uniqe sacred armor once... Was freaking out and really thought it would turn into a tyraels once i clicked on it with the ID-cursor. Only 8 more uniqe sacred armors to find before i get tyrarels! Sounds easy...ehh

Hroernir

Diabloii.Net Member

@ PestInReace

Hope your next unique sacred armor turns a Tyrael's. :thumbsup:

Now, statistically speaking, if Tyrael's has a rarity of 1 and Templar's a rarity of 8, there's about a 63% chance of getting Tyrael's by the time you get 9 unique sacred armors from Baal/champions/uniques/minions in lvl 85 areas.
86% chance of getting Tyrael's by the time you get 18 unique sacred armors.
99.3% chance by the time you get 45 unique sacred armors. Even then there's a small freaking chance of NOT getting that stupid armor that didn't even help Tyrael to defeat Diablo. Now talk about rare.

I think that a fair rarity would be 1 Tyrael's per 3 Templar's, or if the programmers were just a bit sadistic, 1 Tyrael's per 5 Templar's.

Hope my math is right :cool:

Steven Q Urkel

Diabloii.Net Member

I think that a fair rarity would be 1 Tyrael's per 3 Templar's, or if the programmers were just a bit sadistic, 1 Tyrael's per 5 Templar's.
Making green breast plates as common as a glass of water goes way beyond 'just a bit sadistic.'

One last thought......Holy Thread Resurection, Batman. :laugh::shocked::rolleyes:

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Hroernir said:
Now, statistically speaking, if Tyrael's has a rarity of 1 and Templar's a rarity of 8, there's about a 63% chance of getting Tyrael's by the time you get 9 unique sacred armors
I think you got the number wrong. It should be 1 tyrael for 10 uniq sacred armor.

barren

Diabloii.Net Member

Anyone know the whereabouts of my tyrael's might? I gave it away for a pvp tournament here hosted by Kabal a year or so ago. I miss it :cry:

Ray Patean

Diabloii.Net Member

Barren, I believe I have it. It was awarded to Liquid Evil, who then gave it to Icebird to complete his Grail. Then Icebird found his own, and with Liq's blessing, gave it to me to complete mine. I just have to find my own, then I'll be able to pass it on to someone else :smiley:

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure about that, pre-1.10 Zod is mythical thing that probably doesn't even exist :smiley: It's like 2.5-3 times more rare than in 1.1x.
I found a zod on cattle.net in 1.09 in a cow run. I actually found a zod AND an ist on the same run. I believe it was my guided arrow/multi arrow zon on the run.

Then I found a zod with my first ever guardian here in single player again on the cow level. But if you only knew all the items I've never seen... you wouldn't consider me exceptionally lucky.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Weird, I thought only Baal and Nihlathak could drop Zods in 1.09.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not at home, but I'm pretty sure 1.09 cows can drop zod. what does ATMA say? I saw cham dropped in 1.09 cows, but heard several stories where zod dropped. Remember 1.09 cows is the only way to get 99 in 1.09 days, and counting the number of cows, and the number of runs, I'm not surprised there are few zod aroun pre 1.10.

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, it happened so I can attest that they did indeed drop them in 1.09. I want to say that zon was level 98 and was my 4th or 5th toon I was grinding to level 99 during 1.09 ... so that must have been my 10,000th or so cow run, and in 1.09 days with a windforce and best gear, a bowzon was a lethal force on cow level.

I had an inventory full of the bugged toxic small charms of anthrax... like +290 poison damage, and then some other piece of gear I had extended the amount of poison frames, so I was doing some obsence poison damage per frame on everything I hit with a multiarrow arrow... I basically just sprayed a couple shots in a direction and watched cows go down.

And the guided arrow bug was really nice to clean up the stragglers :)