Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
trihero said:
I dunno, cold is good to have against baal. +50% from a pot isn't always enough to bring you to 75%. And look at kabal, he's 75% all and still has 300% MF and 75% fcr and 12,000 hammers, wtf. I'd be like maybe 10-20 in each with that amount of MF gear on, and with 4000 blizzard o_O
I'm not being harsh but how long have you been playing compared to kabal, he has earned all those items over a vast amount of time so don't expect to be running around with uber gear right from the start, thats not what Diablo is about, you have to put the time in to get the items.

Sometimes the exceptional uniques are better than the elite uniques in general, but there are specific builds which will benefit more from the elites compared to the exceptionals. Also, some of the EUs are much better than their exceptional counterparts - Deaths Fathom and Oculus for one.

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm I just started hardcore pindle running 1 week ago, started playing diablo 2 again about 3-4 weeks ago? I guess I am being stupid, I need to spend more time.... :hang:

I get overexcited sometimes, all I see are these item find threads and all these people posting like oh, I got highlords or death's web or some other ridiculous item and I'm here choking on a bazillion gems but not much else haha.

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
For the record, except for my year-long hiatus playing WoW, I've played an average of probably 7-8 hours a day since 1.10 came out, I think I'm at about 7000 hours played or so. I did acquire a Zod (by cubing, can't claim to have found the impossible as some others have) long before a Tyrael's and indeed there are more Zods around, though some of them have been around since 1.09.

By the way, 10k Blizzard and 4k Fireball is pretty close -- I was at about 9.2 // 4.1, though my MF was minimal with that gear. I personally got very lucky for Baal to drop my Tyrael's, I expected that if I ever found it it would have been from Tunnels, which is by far the most efficient MF area in the game for Tyrael's, and to be honest, for everything else (as efficient or more efficient than Pindle).

I was also shooting for grail-1 until I found Tyrael's, which was one of my last items (I expected it to be my last item if I found it at all)

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
from Tunnels, which is by far the most efficient MF area in the game for Tyrael's, and to be honest, for everything else (as efficient or more efficient than Pindle).
Thanks for your input DC! 7000 hours omg lol! Inspiring yet makes me jealous that you found all those items. I guess that says something about me that I'm jealous of someone having shinier pixels than me :D I think I understand that you were saying in your thread about feeling nothing inside after you completed the grail, it's the same with me whenever I find something cool, I might be excited for like 1 second then it's over and I'm looking for the next thing to do lol.

As to this quote, I think I will try this sometime, but I'm not sure I'm ready yet. For one I dont want to lose my durance map since it's super convenient, and second I'm not sure if my gear is such that doing tunnels would be more efficient than pindle (for everything except tyrael's/sash/azure).

For me pindle right now is 20-30 seconds, 20 on a real quick run with nothing picked up, 30 when the merc needs to take out CI pindle and I spend a couple seconds foraging the items. Remember pindle drops like 2 uniques.

I was reading Hrus thread and he says he on average does tunnels in 70 seconds killing 5 special mobs. I can't assume I can do it faster than him yet because my best item is still oculus and I haven't played as long as he or you have, but assuming I could do it as fast, it doesn't appear that it would be worth it in the tunnels. 2 drops/25 seconds > 5 drops/70 seconds, so pindle > tunnels besides those items which pindle can't drop.

I'm not terribly good on items yet and I'm totally cold, so doing tunnels will be slower for me, but what's your guys's input on this? Just go to tunnels and start mf'ing away if tyrael's is the goal? Or stay with pindle until the last couple grailies are needed?

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're serious about landing a Tyrael's, you might as well start on it now. You're likely to find 99% of the other items in the game first.

Also, "Im totally cold" - I assume you're referring to your skill setup? AFAIK, cold-immunes don't spawn in the tunnels - ever, so a pure-blizz sorc should tear through everything quickly.

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I have all my skills in the cold tree except a random couple other ones (static field which I never use, warmth, tele + kinesis).

Cold immunes do spawn in the tunnels - the uniques can get cold enchanted, magic resistant, and even spectral hit. That's a unique I have to spend time on, waiting for the merc to finish it off. That might not be even possible if it's physical immune from a stone skin...

No, none of the normal enemies are CI, but none of the normal monsters can drop what I want.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't done Tunnels runs, how often do you actually encounter cold immunes? If it's infrequent, I would probably just park them and kill them next time.

If it's semi-regular, then try to get your hands on a Bonehew, put a couple of Hel runes in it, and use its Corpse Explosion charges (after you've used Blizz to kill all of the minions).

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
I think tunnel runs make sense, I'm just gonna give up my good meph map (took me an hour to get it :hang: ) and start tunneling soon. Pindle my nizzle will get a break, pending how fast I can do the tunnels.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
trihero said:
I think tunnel runs make sense, I'm just gonna give up my good meph map (took me an hour to get it :hang: ) and start tunneling soon. Pindle my nizzle will get a break, pending how fast I can do the tunnels.
If you are playing for a month, stick with Pindle and good Durance map. If you take MFing and grailing seriously, you will come to point where Meph runs will not make sense for you, that will be the point to think about Tunnels...
About CIs in Tunnels, they are not much frequent... Invaders and Plague Bearers (half of monsters) have 0 CR meaning that even when CE, they are still not immune.

trihero said:
I was reading Hrus thread and he says he on average does tunnels in 70 seconds killing 5 special mobs. I can't assume I can do it faster than him yet because my best item is still oculus and I haven't played as long as he or you have, but assuming I could do it as fast, it doesn't appear that it would be worth it in the tunnels. 2 drops/25 seconds > 5 drops/70 seconds, so pindle > tunnels besides those items which pindle can't drop.
I am not using any really uber items on my sorc.
Partial Tals (armor, belt, amu), Shako, Occy, Lidless Wall, SoJ, Nagel, Chance Guards, War traveller, only 3 skillers, Gheeds, FRW, MF and resist charms. The rarest items are SoJ and eth Reapers... ~500MF, 65 FCR, resists around 50 (CR and LR little higher), only 5K Blizzard
The real important thing is focusing on fast kills of bosspacks, kill one quickly with Blizz+GSpike/IBlast and teleport to another...

trihero

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are playing for a month, stick with Pindle and good Durance map. If you take MFing and grailing seriously, you will come to point where Meph runs will not make sense for you, that will be the point to think about Tunnels...
Yeah I've reached a point where meph runs don't appear to make any more sense. On the surface, yes, I would still like to get his arm of leoric, and trang oul wing, and get more ormuses/azurewrath from him since those all have a good chance of dropping from him, but it's beginning to dawn on me that since I'm taking mf fairly seriously that if I just go for the rarest item on the list, the rest will follow probably several times over. It makes efficient use of time; if I spend one month on pindle/meph to get the easier uniques, that's a month I didn't spend working on tyrael's, while if I work on tyrael's straight on I'll probably wind up getting the other stuff on the way...

Edit:

It probably is worth it to stop at meph and pindle if you started untwinked, just to get some basics like occy/shako/chance/wrap. As far as my experience was anyway I did do some graded farming; I actually farmed normal diablo/meph for sigon's haha, then moved right on to nightmare meph for some basic mf gear like skullder's ire, tarnhelm, then I levelled up to 76 on nightmare baal runs, then went into hell meph until like 85 or so? And then pindled my way to 92 where I'm at right now, and it's probably time to move on for teh tyraelz.

damaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Are said:
And when you finally find the Tyrael's Might, it'll probably get the lowest from all of its 4 variable modifiers :)

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it silly that so many of the Elite Uniques have variable stats? These items are already exceptionally difficult and time-consuming to find, so having "good" and "bad" versions of them should be unnecessary..
imo,
people whos working in blizzard made it that way so that we, as players, keep playing the game over and over just to get 25%res all vipermagi instead of 24% one.
good trick, i admit. play the game again and again... just to get a perfect 8/8 gaze instead of what we already had 7/7 gaze.

again...

and again...

AND again.

Naab

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the the ratio between templars and tyraels from baal btw?
Ive found 1 templars so far from tunnels btw.

Marvel

Diabloii.Net Member
Grogs: Let's do a race for Tyraels.

Im done with my baal runners for now got 2 pretty solid super runners... gonna post some of their new rw's in the item thread later on.