Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by trihero, Sep 29, 2006.

1. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Omfg Tyrael's might -_-

Should I even bother trying to look for this thing? :wink2:

I was kicking around some numbers for it:

Assuming 6 minute baal runs in which you kill of the unique waves + 1 unique on the way to the throne + baal himself on 600% MF, roughly you'd have to do about 75,000 baal runs. (baal is about 1/150,000 to drop it, minions + 1 unique would be another 1/150,000, so 1/75,000 in total).

75,000 baal runs x 6 minutes/60 = 7,500 hours to find one Tyraels. Omg. And that's assuming you can do baal runs in 6 minutes with 600% mf on each target, an unlikely assumption...

If I can somehow squeeze a constant 20 hours per week of baal grinding at this exact rate with this exact MF, it'd take me a little over 7 years to find one!

So then I was thinking, hey, what if you try to gamble it?

First you'd have to get to level 99 for maximum chance (that alone takes a long time).

At level 99, you have (99-85)*33/100 +1 = 5.62% chance of spawning an elite item, so 5.62% of the ancient armors you gamble are turnd into sacred armors. Out of those 5.62%, 1/2000 are uniques, and of those uniques, 1/9 are tyrael's might. That means you have to gamble on average 320,284 ancient armors!

I don't know the exact price of an ancient armor gamble at level99, so I'm just going to take a guess. At level 91 right now, it costs right about 500,000 with a 13% gheeds, so I'm guessing at level 99 if you have a perfect gheeds + edge runeword (need rwm for this since it's bnet only) it's about 500,000.

That means you need to get about 160.2 billion gold!

Randomly assuming that you could farm 200,000 gold in a 6 minute travincal run, it would take 80,000 hours to farm that amount of gold! Weeee!!!!!

OMG u gieb tyraelz?!?!! :rolleyes:

My goal was originally a self-found grail, but I don't know if I can stomach these numbers. Maybe I'll just throw Tyrael's out of the equation...

:hang: :hang:

How did those other people complete the grail, I can't even begin to imagine....

2. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Uniques in lvl 85 areas have a 1:387052 chance to drop a Tyrael's with 600 MF. It's much easier and faster than running Baal. The item itself is almost as legendary in rarity as the Zod rune, if not more. Obviously, there's only a couple of lucky people (DC is the only one I know) here that has a complete grail.

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I was expecting a screenshot as I opened this thread....

Check out the SPF Elite runners thread if you want to know how rare a Tyraels is, Hrus is trying to find one and I think he has planned about 25k Ancient Tunnel runs....

4. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

I took a look at the lvl85 numbers too. I need some more experience in how long it takes to farm those areas.

Assuming say ancient tunnels with a cold sorc, you find about 4 unique waves? Let's say it takes 5 minutes on average so you don't go too fast and wind up dying and counting that there are some cold immune uniques, and even some cold/physical immune uniques that you may have to skip entirely...

387052 uniques/ 4 uniques per run * 5 minutes per run / 60 minutes per hour = 8063 hours. More than the baal runs >_>

I'm not sure how bad it is to find/cube a zod, I don't have a good estimate on those numbers since I don't know where the best place to find high runes are or how long it takes. I'm guessing cows would be your best best; you could find a wp next to the cairn stones and drown the cows in ice, but I don't know how long p8 hell cows takes or how many cows there are in there exactly...

DC is teh nutz. Self found grail in hardcore o_O I'm completely in awe. Took him a few years apparently, but still.....that's a few years under average if you were just looking for tyrael's with 20 hours per every week to dedicate...

Right now I'm about 66 items away from the grail including tyrael's, but I'm just going to chuck that out the window, stupid thing. The rest seems like a reasonable goal to accomplish, you can just 20-30 second pindle them with the worst being around 50,000 pindle runs, that's really not bad.

5. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

The tunnels can be cleared in about 70-90 seconds on p1, and there's about 7 unique packs so it's not as bad as you think. I think the first 95% of the grail takes about 5% of the time needed to complete it if you are lucky...

6. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

Tyreal's and Zods aren't things you go looking for. When you are ready, they will reveal themselves to you. :fortuneteller:

7. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I'd just like to point out that 6 minutes per Baal run is a gross overestimate. Going p1 the whole way my Baal runs clock in at around 2:30 to 2:45, and I think my level of gear is pretty standard for someone who's a Tyrael's away from a grail. Granted that I only carry about 300 MF, but MF has steep diminishing returns whereas run speed does not.

In DC's case, 20 hours per week also seems to be a gross underestimate since IIRC DC said he plays an average of about 8 hours per day. All things considered, I'd say DC is right about average for how much work it's expected to take to find a Tyrael's.

8. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

And imagine how depressed you would be if the odds beat you and after 7 years you still didn't have one!

-hps

9. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Playing D2 with obsession to find Tyrael's is good way to go insane :tongue: Damn thing is useless anyway... unlike Zod.

BTW anyone knows exact number of Zods and Tyrael's in SPF? It seems there's alot more Zods.

10. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

20 hours per week is a lot of gaming if you have something resembling a life, like work and school. 8 hours per every day is more than a full time job! :hang:

Yea my estimates are probably bad, it's going off what I can do with my equipment. When you're 1 away from grail, you probably could do it in about half the time...but I just don't have 8 hours per day LOL.

What is your level of gear, Kabal? 10,000 blizzard damage and 4k fireballs? Lol the best I have going for me is about 4,000 blizzard damage (pure blizz sorc) and a bonehew hahaha :hang:

11. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

The good news is that you have a lot higher blizzard damage than I could hope for.

The bad news is that I run with an Enigmadin. :badteeth:

Btw, there are more Zods than Tyrael's which is somewhat strange given that a Zod is several times more rare than Tyrael's. I attribute that to cubing and to Zods being in existence longer than Tyrael's (Zods since the release of LoD, Tyrael's since only 1.10). I have no idea on the number of post-1.10 Zod drops for comparison though.

12. Are

Are IncGamers Member

And when you finally find the Tyrael's Might, it'll probably get the lowest from all of its 4 variable modifiers :)

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it silly that so many of the Elite Uniques have variable stats? These items are already exceptionally difficult and time-consuming to find, so having "good" and "bad" versions of them should be unnecessary..

13. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Not sure about that, pre-1.10 Zod is mythical thing that probably doesn't even exist :smiley: It's like 2.5-3 times more rare than in 1.1x.

14. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure cubing has a lot to do with the existence of more zods than tyrael's. Like the cham for instance drops 3 times as often as zod but you only have to cube 2 of them to get the zod, and so on. Trying to cube from hell countess up to zod is impossible depressing though, probably mass LK and cows ._.

Enigmadin, nice....what sort of damage and equips are we talking about here? I can imagine something like full resists and 10,000 hammer damage with 50%+ cast rate??

One thing that makes me kinda pissed sometimes is when people post their screenshots and they're always like gold on resists...am I the only one who is in negatives most of the time on hell mode?! I mean sure I'm in MF gear so few resists, but still...

I too find this ridiculous. Look at the class-specifics as a perfect example. Most of the time, the exceptional unique beats out the elite unique, even when the elite unique is rolled perfectly! Ridiculous, huh? Darkforce spawn or whatever it is at the very best is +3 to all nec skills and +40% cast rate, but homunculus is +2 all nec, +2 curse, +40 resist, +40% block rate, omg. Same is mostly true regarding arreat's vs its counterparts, etc.

15. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

You only need to get Fire and Lightning resists for general PvM play. If you really need Cold and Poison then just use a pile of potions.

It really shouldn't make you 'pissed' that people have max resists either, if it annoys you do something about it and put on some resist gear instead of mf...

About the variable stats, IMO it is to encourage trading, if all EUs came exactly the same very few people would need to trade and the economy would be destroyed (Bnet and SP). I find it's half the fun finding a good unique and then identifying it to find one how good it is....

16. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I think MattIsTheBastard collected a pair of Zod runes pre-1.10 when they were fairly useless, and then dual-wielded BotD's after the patch. I can't remember any other super-high runes from pre-1.10 though. Another thing to keep in mind is that the monsters that can drop Zod far outnumber those that can drop Tyrael's. For example, in level 85 areas only champs/SU's and their minions can drop Tyrael's, but every single monster can drop Zod.

@trihero: My Enigmadin has around 12k hammers, 3.3k life, 75 fcr, max block, and 75 all resists.

17. Fluffballer

Maxing resists is quite difficult. I've yet to find a Mara's, which is a big part of many people's recipes. Literally every single character I have rerolls either high level grand or small charms in hope for more resists (and skillers of course), though. If you're not doing that: do it. Grand charms with about 30 resist one element are fairly common.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got some for-fun builds that are hacked to the gills, and they STILL can't get max resists. :prop:

Edit: A LOT more monster can drop Zods than Tyreal's right?

Edit: He beat my edit.

18. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

I dunno, cold is good to have against baal. +50% from a pot isn't always enough to bring you to 75%. And look at kabal, he's 75% all and still has 300% MF and 75% fcr and 12,000 hammers, wtf. I'd be like maybe 10-20 in each with that amount of MF gear on, and with 4000 blizzard o_O

I agree that having random mods on elite uniques is cool and good to encourage trading and finding them over and over, my point was that sometimes the exceptional one is better than the elite even if the elite is perfect. Kinda weird.

I guess a hammerdin with the right equips probably would be the fastest. Vigor's movespeed bonus doesn't have diminishing returns like item bonuses do, so you'd be running really fast, and you'd have it at level 20 for the synergy to hammer :scratch:

19. nex

nex IncGamers Member

OMG! Pair of Zods in 1.09!? Well, I guess he spent his luck in this lifetime... and one after this :tongue:

My friend found Jah in 1.09 SP, then spent months finding someone to trade Gul (yes, I know, sounds ridicoulus but he couldn't find Gul) and finaly made Fury Balrog Blade. And then few weeks later 1.10 came out :grin:

20. Fluffballer

Pallies don't count in the resistance race. Even an untwinked single pass pally can easily get more than maxed resists. A mediocre 4 socket pally shield with say 30 resist all will net you 106 resist all with four perfect diamonds. :shocked: