omfg godly magezon :o

omfg godly magezon :eek:

kk ima try a magezon out, using faith fort for nice phys damage also:

mav diadem ias jewel
highlords
faith gmb
fort diamond mail (meh =o)
mav gloves
2x raven
razortail
war travs

that gives me 65 ias which even goes over the 8fpa bp. you also may ask why mavs .. well i felt like it. o.o helm gets +1 all skills, partial set gives 20 str. and thats nice to equip my fort.

skills:

20 freezing arrow
20 cold arrow
20 immo arrow
20 fire arrow or exploding - help here, leaning towards fire
1 guided
1 in all passives
rest into multi

ill use an act2 might merc with insight, andys, fort.

i think ill use enough passive skillers to get lvl 9 pierce, then rest bow skillers.

should be awsome.. w/ max pierce i can like freeze everything then immo, then spam multi, guided, fire/exploding or more freezing.

imput would be awsome.
 

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks like you are going for a lot of physical damage. This is something Mages don't generaly do, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Insight mercs make magezons a pretty easy build now, but my Harmony zon could still shoot herself out of mana in no time. I used lvl13MA and strafe (yes, strafe) to allow her mana to regen.
Speaking of Harmony, I also think this is a better RW for a mage. The elemental damage is off the chart, plus you can roll a fair cruel mod with it too. PIs do not exist to Harmonyzons.
 
heh well im just trying to think of an original use for my faith, i rolled a bad 13/1 and i would lose trying to sell it, so ima just use it. i might stick some ml in somewhere to regen or something.
 

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah swap a raven for manald, sprinkle with a few elemental charms and you are good to go. Of course you can do just about anything you want to with that kind of gear :D
 
YogiRat said:
Yeah swap a raven for manald, sprinkle with a few elemental charms and you are good to go. Of course you can do just about anything you want to with that kind of gear :D
ive got a nice 6/6 dual leecher i might stick on too. but yeah, i just got bored of teh multi/guided, thought i would spice it up a bit.. price isnt really a factor. ive always loved max pierce splashing FA, immo should be teh secksay times 2.
 

Rat

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick question here guys. I'm not trying to highjack this thread or anything now but if this was non-ladder what would be best to use then?

Fortitude and faith are out of picture but i happen to have a silence crusader bow, what you think?
 

Rat

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
that sounds awsome, ive always wanted to try a silence bow. sounds esp. good on a magezon.
I figured the 75% all res on bow would help make making things easier when picking among other items.
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going for 2 Different Mages, 1 Fire and 1 Cold. I'm on NL btw, so mostl using NL stuff, but maybe 1 or 2 Ladder items in for when the reset occurs

For the Fire one i was thinking:

HoJ Matri Bow (+3)
CoH - Dusk / Wyrm
2 x Soj
+2 Bow skills, 20 ias, Leech Gloves
Highlords (Ias and Skill)
Nosferatu's (for ias to hit 8 frame attack)
Silkweave / Gores
Either Shako or +2 Ama, circlet with, 2 socks, mana, ml and resist

For the Ice one:

Ice Matri Bow (+3)
CoH
Mavs Helm - Ias Jewel
Mavs Gloves (for Cold Duration mainly)
Razortail
Eye of Etlich (Cold duration and Skill)
2 x Soj
Silkweave



Just my build suggestions. Dont have any idea how they are going to fare in the real world!




Arb
 

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
I loved my silence zon in 1.09. This wasn't a popular bow back then. Not enough ED, only 20IAS on a +10 bow etc. But that was back in the days of glass cannons with major negative resists which adds up to burnt toast in the 1.10 world.

The strat with Silence is a bit different from your typical vamp/mage. Rather than opening up with FA and cleaning up with strafe/multi, you open with the crowd control skill and finish with elemental. The hit blinds target "silences" burning souls, gloams, even frenzytors! I have sur'd bows and doesn't work anywhere near as well. BTW, my 09 Silence zon was the only build I had that could hold her own 1.10. The other builds could kill, but they were way too fragile.

Edit, her backup bow was Lyc's Aim, a very good bow :D
 

yuqing

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
I'm going for 2 Different Mages, 1 Fire and 1 Cold. I'm on NL btw, so mostl using NL stuff, but maybe 1 or 2 Ladder items in for when the reset occurs

For the Fire one i was thinking:

HoJ Matri Bow (+3)
CoH - Dusk / Wyrm
2 x Soj
+2 Bow skills, 20 ias, Leech Gloves
Highlords (Ias and Skill)
Nosferatu's (for ias to hit 8 frame attack)
Silkweave / Gores
Either Shako or +2 Ama, circlet with, 2 socks, mana, ml and resist

For the Ice one:

Ice Matri Bow (+3)
CoH
Mavs Helm - Ias Jewel
Mavs Gloves (for Cold Duration mainly)
Razortail
Eye of Etlich (Cold duration and Skill)
2 x Soj
Silkweave



Just my build suggestions. Dont have any idea how they are going to fare in the real world!




Arb
i think for the ice one you can consider nws, that would boost dmg a bit. as for the sojs, im not sure, do freeze and immolation need ar, cause if they do you will definatly not have enough
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
yuqing said:
i think for the ice one you can consider nws, that would boost dmg a bit. as for the sojs, im not sure, do freeze and immolation need ar, cause if they do you will definatly not have enough
Afaik they need AR to leech, but not to cause ele damage.

After looking at the builds and skills etc, i've already decided that both my previous ones are pretty bad.

Silence looks like the bow of choice for the juicy res (which i will be lacking otherwise)

But i agree, NW's would add a lot of damage for the cold one.







Arb
 
Top