Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oldie Lurker Intro Th.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SlashRox, Jan 28, 2019.

1. SlashRox

SlashRox Diabloii.Net Member

Hello SPF, a goal of mine this year is to take part in the discussions that move along this great board. So I've decided to make an intro thread.

I have read the SPF on and off for many years, maybe 10 or more. I've played D2 since I was a little kid! I'm now 24 and 0 days old.

D2 Stuff!

I'm particularly fond of tournaments and character stories. I remember a skunkbelly tourney, one of those where you played an act and then passed on your character via email and got another one to play for another act, and so on. That tourney made a barb berserker guardian named Chewbacca (or something similar), and I just fell in love with the tourney and the char. That's when I first moved into HC, with a barb that got into ActV NM but then I lost interest (and also got cold feet).

Now I'm decided to finally make a Guardian, and hopefully 7! I like playing untwinked, and have had special interest in jiansonz stories and advice because that's the style of play I like. Now I'm currently on 2 single-pass untwinked hc chars, a poison necro (oh my, p8 big D was really soul-aching) and a phoenix strike assasin.

Ofc I've delved into bnet years ago, and had the usual AT blizz sorc. It was on the time when you had to use the CDs to play the game, and I used a dll or something to play without them. As it happens, during one of blizz's ban waves, they alerted players like me and gave them a month or so notice in advace, but I wasn't active and sometime later I was banned. No need to say I'm ashamed and really against MH or any other modification of the game. Even GoMule hurts me a little, but I find this game is simply too painful (or just not fun) to play without.

I'd love to see a Zod someday !! And some high runes. The greatest thing I ever made was a bramble.

Another D2 thing immortalized on my head is SuperDave's naked zon HC story.

I'm on my third year (of 6 total) of Electronics Engineering. Previously I have studied some Acoustics Engineering, but didn't really like it in the end.

I play guitar, but since I've turned 18 I have only played classical guitar. I'm currently in love with Bach, and have just learned BWV998 prelude. Great piece!

Yesterday while rolling rings into amulets with my 'sin (currently A3 Normal, lvl 31) I got something totally crazy:
    https://imgur.com/a/vGDkPzC

Perfect rolls on both mods!!! 40%MF amu at lvl 30's I just think is great. I now have 200MF exactly, hope it pays off.
    To outweight that good luck, a couple of days ago I got a Nagelring on ActV normal and was really happy (with the necro). It just had to be 15%MF!! (actually a 1%mf improvement over one of my rings).
    https://imgur.com/a/wBFu16u

Starcraft II during WoL and HotS. Exciting years, got high masters on both NA and EU but never GM. I now just try to stay away from RTS games because they put a real dent on my life.

Oops I may have overextended my intro,
    Cheers

p.d: is it possible to change your nickname? I don't like it at all :eek:

Grape, Zyr, Luhkoh and 5 others like this.
  2. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome! If you want a Zod, make sure to join the RFL when is gets going (in a couple months or so probably). We got 4 of them between us in the first round alone last year.

Also, watch out for the shinkickers, they'll be along shortly. ;)

3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

24 and you call yourself “Oldie Lurker”? I am 40 so that makes me ancient, but not Big Bang old like Kestegs. My old age has taught me some tricks, like not kicking shins until I’ve stolen your wallet.

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, SlashRox! This forum is the sole reason I still play D2 - and I imagine that is the case for many of the SPF'ers here.

I suppose if you kick someone in the shins hard enough, they'd tip over and quite possibly spill their wallet on the ground without you even needing to remove it from their pockets. Efficiency!

5. SlashRox

SlashRox Diabloii.Net Member

Oh boy that title came out wrong :p. I actually ment it as if I were a long time lurker.

I'm amazed that there still are 'discoveries' being made. Arcane sanctuary and Snapchip just prove d2 and the spf still have some surprises up the sleeve!

Tempting! If I get a char that deep into hc I might just join.

Thank you all for your hospitality:)

Zyr likes this.
  6. galtwish

galtwish Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome!

7. buckcrazy

buckcrazy Diabloii.Net Member

Holy moly, 7! = 5040 Guardians, that's quite a goal!

Zyr, T72on1, SlashRox and 4 others like this.
  8. smloeffelholz

smloeffelholz Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forum!

9. Pavel

Pavel Diabloii.Net Member

Slash does rock.

Grape and SlashRox like this.
  10. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, and welcome here. I don't think I have ever done any shin kicking or wallet stealing here, so I'll leave that to the forum veterans.

Not sure if you can change your forum name. @maxicek, @Thyiad or any of the forum admins should be able to tell you.

SlashRox likes this.
  11. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

I've been lately more in a lurk-mode myself, but what is going on? This is, what, like tenth intro thread in a short time?

Welcome! (and welcome you all new-comers who may see this!).

And yes Slash rocks, if we talk about the guitarist. I have witnessed him live on stage two times. :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    SlashRox likes this.
  12. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, it's always good to get some younger blood in here. I'll be 42 this year but I view that as a good thing as D1 and D2 didn't get in the way of school too much;)

Edit: I've never found a Zod either.

SlashRox likes this.