Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old USWest pvp player returning

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mvpberto, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvpberto

mvpberto IncGamers Member

Old USWest pvp player returning

Sup fellas I used to play this game just around 3 years ago, under name Dark_Gods, some of you might remember me but probably not. But I was wondering what the best character is for pvp if you had the best possible stuff, back in the day right before I left I gave my account to a couple of my friends who said they'd make a necro together. One of them was already probably top hammerdin back in the day, I had a few characters probably over 400+runes on 2 accounts. I had a really crazy assassin, sorc, smiter paladin and probably one of best javazons.Also had a few low lvl chars with some crazy rare items.
    But my assassin was probably the most fun out of all my characters, I had gold ethereal claw with 3 trap, 40 ias, 273 ed, 2 sockets, self repair. And a really cool casque that had 3 traps, 20 faster run, AR based on char lvl, with a few other things. All of the things are pretty vague, but I really wanted to start playing again. If you have the right items for any class what would you choose? The only character I really ever had a problem was with smiters,and hammerdins everything else was cake, and even then I'd put up good fights with hammers. I had 8 43+life gc's, etc... so I'm not talking about scrubish nor am I trying to show off as an elitist. But i'm trying to figure out what to make, that Icould play both in pvm and pvp, besides hammerdin.
    I mean if I could remember my friends accounts I'd ask them for help obviously but I don't, I'm sure they made P&B 45 life full gc, etc... Since I already have 6 on my account.
    But i'm trying to get some advice from you guys, I was thinking of making a wwsin again as I love them, and i'd probably just build up my character by trading, finding crap, and finding items from the npcs.

I'd like your advice on this, eventhough I know for sure I won't come close to having the status I once did with my sin, or any of my characters since there were really only maybe 3-4 players besides dupers with types of items I had on USWEST ladder. But I want to atleast try to get some cool stuff without getting spanked by everything once I get into pvp.

2. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Re: Old USWest pvp player returning

Bone nec or windy - they're two of the most versatile top-end duelers. Windy is nice because of higher life, dmg and greater minion stack; bone nec because of better fhr, unresistable damage and versatility in killing (and ability to bm up the butt).

But really, there is no "top" pvp character, otherwise you'd only see one char type in all pubbies. Play what you like best and what is the most fun for you, and if you're a skilled dueler you'll win the majority of your duels.

-f

3. mvpberto

Was there a new patch that came out recently? because I think played during 1.10 and at that time, only the top class was, smite, hammerdin and necro. I mean you were able to hang a little as other classes, but like the character that really raped was BS necro at the time, atleast if you had the top end items. Like sorcs were good but at the end of the match really had no chance, same as druids. Only thing close would be hammerdin but that was only if your items were really the type of items that were 1 of a kind, you know what I'm saying?

Like the circlet(type) my friend had was 2 necro skil, 30 f/rw 20 casting, with strength and all resistance 2 sockets. Which eventhough might not seem that big of a difference, but really pushed in terms of true Godly status.

I mean it seems like once 1.10 patch it was pvp of casters, because I played in .09 and my barb was pretty 1 of a kind in terms of legit. 40 3/XX/19+, godly rings, legit ethereal cruel balrog of quickness(286ed) 2 sockets of course. .08gaze, bunch of other crap, etc... but then once 1.10 hit I had to change to casters.

But has it changed to purely caster pvp, because when I played with my sin, I was raping casters like it was nothing, only ones I really had problem with were godly hammerdins, maybe 2-3 BS necros, and smiters. Everything else wasn't even close even with godly one of kind type of stuff. Wind druids, sorcs, etc weren't strong enough. But obviously there was really only maybe 1-2 assassins even close to comparing with mine at the time anyways, idk how it is now.

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

use search option there's plenty of discussions but most people would agree with either boner necro, wind druid, or hdin. 1.10 bone nec raped cuz synergy bug yeah but it's gone now.

5. mvpberto

Oh, ok I understand now, but I did try search engine, just nothing really answered my question, it seems almost that you have to have multiple characters.

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

There was a new patch (it's now 1.11) that came out but it really didn't change much of anything from 1.10. The only thing that you need to know from a dueling standpoint is that the "marrowwalk bug" got fixed so no longer works (that goes for all items with charges, including carrion wind for rabies druid bug). That makes necros less powerful for sure, but they are still up there as a top pvp class.

Windy's, IMO, got "better" not due to a new patch but more because people realized how to play them better, especially getting the needed (99 minimum) fhr and learning the minionstack + telestomp tricks. They're still a tiny bit below necs in my eyes due to their short range, but each class has it's weaknesses and strengths against other classes.

For example bone necs, though top vs many classes, struggle mightily vs good es sorcs (fire or lit), whereas ghosts rip through them no problem. but then ghosts have trouble with BvCs, and then BvCs have trouble vs max block bone necs.

I don't consider smiters (even telesmiters) as top in pvp, but then again someone with more experience vs. them should come in and talk about that class.

-f

7. mvpberto

Yeah I know what you mean, like the only characters I really had a problem was with BvCs and BvB but still I didn't lose too often, my items I wish I could remember or at least post pics but I changed pcs so I lost those pics, but they were chaos and also ethereal gold rare 2 sockets,etc....also had Ar based on char lvl.
    But like only character I would lose to were those BS necro(with synergies), smiters because of grief heavy dmg, and my friends hammerdin who was probably best player i've ever seen.

8. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Welcome back. Reading the guides from the sticky and at least the few last pages of the PvP should help you decide what char you want to make.

Search function works well in most cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.