Old School NES question...

ADDboy6909

Diabloii.Net Member
Old School NES question...

I'm currently in the process of changing my NES that i got about 14 years ago. Basically im replacing the pin connector, repainting the system, and changing the LED light for the power. What i want too know is does anyone know how many volts the bulb is cause if i get one that too high it'll blow and if its too low it'll be dim. If you have any links or know the answer just post it. Thanx

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
you might be able to get the information from Nintendo's tech support line. If I remember right, it's on the bottom of the console someplace. Otherwise, take the old bulb with you when you get the new one, and perhaps a skilled sales associate can identity the proper specs on it. If all else fails, start on the lower end, and go up if it's too dim.

Steve_Kow

Banned
All this time I thought a LED was some sort of light emitting diode. Learn something new everyday...

edit: Do you own a multi-meter?

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you tried google? I know that many people have fiddled/do fiddle with the innards of their NES/SNES/etc and that they have probaby posted the information you're looking for somewhere on the internet. I don't personally know where, but google would be a good starting point.

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Break out the 25'' rims and a fake H to staple to the front. Then drop a poptart on them, yelling BAM. In comical fashion.