Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old player returns

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Singuken, May 31, 2005.

1. Singuken

Singuken IncGamers Member

Old player returns

I spent many nights playing the original diablo and played diablo II. I never got the expansion pack. I was cleaning up over the weekend and came across my d2 cds.

I did get it loaded and started a character on the US West server. I've managed to get a barb to lvl 18. I'm rather rusty on the game and hoping to find some people to help me relearn the game.

I don't expect handouts and have gotten by so far on my own as far as gear. It's good to be back playing.

Singuken

formerly Rob_Roy member of The Writ of Fyre and Steel

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

welcome to forums, enjoy your stay :howdy:

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

4. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

I suggest buying the expansion, it adds a lot in terms of items and gameplay.

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Welcome back. I 2nd the motion that LOD is a major improvement over classic. Besides the larger stash and extra act (5), mercinaries have taken a quantum leap forward! With LOD you can equip them with Armor, Helm and weapon... and they are MUCH smarter!
    Message me at *SirDooFuss-dod, I still have a couple of characters on classic (cant remember the level) and I'd be happy to donate some items. Are you on classic ladder or non ladder?

6. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

The best thing is that you've probably finished playing with version 1.06 or so. I can tell you that with 1.10 it's pretty much a different game with many things added and completely changed game mechanics. It's even if you are not going to by Expansion, but I recommend you to do it anyway.
    Lucky you are, there are so many things for you to see, to learn and to experience for the first time.

7. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

I resisted playing expansion, because I was still having loads of fun with classic. No sense going to expansion till you start getting bored with classic. There are a lot of differences between the two and I feel exp is better, but no sense rushing it; get you moeny's worth outta the game!