Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old player returning

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheTemp, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTemp

TheTemp IncGamers Member

Old player returning

hey

i used to play d2 a lot when it came out, up until around 1.10 came out. i used to be totally on top of trade values and strategy and everything. i didnt think id ever play again so i gave my account with all my awesome gear away to someone on b.net that i met.

anyways, i decided to start again and thought id make a pally, since i never have played a paladin before. im currently level 40. (making a zeal smite guy)

i have a few questions:

im currently just starting act 2 nightmare. where is the best place (as a pally) to start getting new gear. ive found tons of set items and some uniques, but most of them are not very good. i have got a spike barrier, tiamats rebuke (which i use), hexfire, humongous (axe)....
    what are those worth?

what is the best way to start getting better gear

some other questions..

what is grief? i read about it in the uber trist pally guide.
    how do i fight uber trist and the diablo clone?

also, any general tips for gettingstarted again? or some account names i could message who0 would be interested in playing with me...

thanks!

oh! ps: i made a ladder character (that sounds weird to me, i dont understand having kladder on d2 but oh well)

2. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

grief is a runeword for axes and swords that adds a lot of damage to smite without showing it on the display

about the key and clones you have to fight 3 certain mobs in game to get the keys (all in hell)
    countess (act1) drops key of terror
    summoner (act2) drops key of hate
    nihlathak (act5) drops key of destruction (sorry if i spelled name wrong :p)

if you combine those 3 in the cube you get a portal with rather annoying mobs and another uber "boss" and they drop a brain, a horn or an eye

if you combine the brain, horn and eye in your cube you'll have a portal to uber tristam and what you'll find there is a "secret" mehe, but lots of fun :D (and deaths if you're not prepared with high stacked res)

3. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

You start having a chance for tradeable gear with NM Mephisto and NM Baal. I don't know if you used a guide to create your Pally but hopefully you caught on to the synergies that were introduced so you can be powerful enough to handle Hell. Also make sure you're cubing up gems - they're a very tradeable commodity now. Even 10 pgems are enough to get you some decent, low value-high useability gear to help you improve your char enough to get to Hell. And make sure you hang on to (or trade for) magic find gear. A Gull dagger on switch will make your item finding a heckuva lot smoother.

Once you get to Hell start doing Pit runs (act 1, Pits in the the Tamoe Highlands). It's the easiest level 85 area to run and champions/bosses can drop almost any item in the game.

As far as values for tradeable stuff check the trade forum for your ladder realm. I think they all have a sticky with a price guide. They're not all up-to-date but it'll give you a good idea of what is generally a good trade and what isnt'. Prices vary a lot depending on your realm but tradeable gear doesn't.

4. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

Trade value forum for that question.

Welcome to the forum
    Here's the Forum Rules <<----- :rolleyes:
    Here's the Guide Thread

Here's another link. The Arreat Summit

REQUESED BY MEMBERS-->>Up on top there is a very handy search tool. :thumbsup:
    Type in what you're looking for and most likely you find a lot of threads on the subject.

5. TheTemp

TheTemp IncGamers Member

i dont understand why i need the forum rules link with some sort of sarcastic looking face after it. i read the rules, and your trade forum onloy has values for us easy and europe ladder, not uswest.

thanks

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

7. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

It's my standard welcome to the forums post.
    I'd say your reply is Sarcastic
    As for the trade value forum it's for all the realms. That means US West also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.