Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old Player Returning

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Angelus Meritae, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Angelus Meritae

Angelus Meritae IncGamers Member

Old Player Returning

I've been away for atleast one and a half years now, and it would be a great help if someone could give me an idea of whats going on. Firstly :

What is the current currency? (soj, 3/20/20s)

Any significant changes in the last while?

And I was wondering if this would be good gear for a light sorc, which is what im planning on making...

Griffons Eye (faceted)
    Skin of the Vipermagi (faceted)
    Eschutas Temper (faceted)
    Lidless Wall (faceted)
    Sorc Ammy (I forget the names now, there was a bugged rare at one point i beleive called Storm something?)
    Fast Casting Gloves (forget what they are called but they are the ones besides trangs)
    2x Fast Casting Ring
    Boots (what are the best ones again? >.<)
    Arachnids Mesh

Going for a 200% FCR build, if thats still the final break point.. Tell me what yall think, and If this is posted in the wrong place ill post it in another forum.

Thanks!!

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

SoJs and high runes for the expensive stuff. PGems for the cheaper stuff.

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Have you looked into the new runewords that are available? You can find many items that will make you more powerful than the gear you have chosen, and you will still hit a high fcr. Also, breakpoints for lightning have changed. You can find detailed character information in the strategy compedium or at the arreat summit.

4. Angelus Meritae

I didnt see too many runewords that could be really useful except Infinity as a Merc weapon and possible Spirit as a shield, although the str req is pretty high. An offhand question, does anyone know if *lezard_valeth or VengeanceZero still plays on USeast NL? He was #1 Sorc for awhile and was a friend of mine.. Im interested to know if he plays

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Insight, Smoke, Rhyme, Harmony, Duress to name a few of the relatively cheap ones.

6. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Spirit is a very good caster shield, and incredibly cheap as well.
    An armor I would suggest is Chains of Honor over the Viper. That's just personal opinion though.

7. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

chains of honor is a litle more expensive

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Yeah it is, but like I said, it's just a personal preference. I think the extra cash is worth it.

Plus, and Archon Plate looks so secksy on a Sorc :grin:

9. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

I dont know Lezard but I remember VengeanceZero from almost 2 years ago. I haven't seen him online in a long time. I play East NL, msg me sometime if you need any help.

*sojourner2

10. Angelus Meritae

Well, with the FCR and all i was going for the 200% Tele BP which im not sure if it has changed. I also dont think its entirely possible without the crafted/duped ammys/rings from the version i used to play.. Thanks for the offer too Grey! Its great to have so many people helping you :) I've also been hearing alot about "more hacking" in the game.. Like a mod that gives you max breakpoints (fhr, ias, fcr, etc..) and more stuff like that.. which really sucks. Is it true?

11. Angelus Meritae

Anyone willing to help me out? I'm currently at a loss as to what to do. I forget everything.. except that I need a rush :p Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

I'll never shut up about this, even once my acct is cleared (since in the past b.net seemed just a tad more respectful...)

but you saw yourself, upped restrictions. If you MF, don't make too many games in a short amount of time.. if you have friends, don't even try to play on a LAN. And tech support leaves a lil' to be desired.. pretend like you're talking to a brick wall so it seems a lil' more exciting.

more on MF, I saw a pretty nice MF guide that was recently posted in this forum.. i'd check it out :laugh: