old hack trick still there at US west?

pliu

Banned
old hack trick still there at US west?

I am a east player and east is down today. So I logon on west to play. I have amost nothing at west only a lvl 16 sorc with junks. So I create a new paladin(will be holy shockdin) and create games like "needfreesigon" "needfree" etc. First game another east lvl1 guy come in and no other guys show up. I create the second game and after a few mintues a guy show up and this is what happened(this guy account is maximilian1):
wamaximilian1: need free
me: yes
maximilian1: what you account
me: pliu
maximilian1: your rank
me: don't know
maximilian1: type /dnd (username) (password) it will tell you
me: OK
and this guy msg me two time use /m thing
me: Ok.
and this time I type
/dnd pliu pliu
I just try to give this guy a good joke
maximilian1: what is said
me: don't know
me: it say nothing
maximilian1 left the game LOL

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
.... This trick always has been around, and always will be. People love trying to scam poor people, though I don't know why - if they're new enough to fall for that, then they don't have anything worth taking anyway.

What's up with everyone saying East is down? I've got two chars sitting in a game right now.

-edit-

Ah, just left the game, and I got the same crazy error message.

-edit^2-

Now I'm back in.

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
When this happens to me, I usually type something like,

"/dnd the DND scam won't work on me"

the first time, and then get creative from there. Because several of the idiots trying to work the scam on me have actually asked me to type my "ranking request" again. I guess they don't have the reading comprehension skills to understand my first /dnd message when they /m me looking for my username/pw...?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Whenever some idiot tries that scam on me, I just DND their own account instead of mine. Who wants to bet that some of these morons tried to "hack" their own account? :rolleyes:

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
What's up with everyone saying East is down? I've got two chars sitting in a game right now.

-edit-

Ah, just left the game, and I got the same crazy error message.

-edit^2-

Now I'm back in.
east was down earlier today. i think i heard people say as early as late last night, but when i checked at 10am today it was down. but now its back up because i just did a trade with you haha

yoshiurae

Diabloii.Net Member
Usually I take down what their name is and then go into all the chat areas telling people to whisper them for free.Not sure if that works or not though.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i just say

"i typed 'type /dnd username password' it didnt work"

and they explain that i need to type in my bnet username and password not just password, its fun