Old Games, Your Fav?

PAC-MAN

Diabloii.Net Member
Old Games, Your Fav?

I think the old games are the best in my opinion, I don't know if this thread has already been here but I am ganna put this here anyways! :p My fav old game is Pac-Man... I bet you couldn't of guessed... ;) Your turn!
-Pac

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Tetris, Space Invaders, and for anyone who remembers back when computers ran on tape drives, Chaos (a wizard-battle game of sorts).

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
How old? Pre 1990, or just before 3d?

Super Munchers was awesome, final fantasy 1, contra 3

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
The oldest game i ever truly loved, was Betrayal in Antara, i have no idea how old or when it came out though.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
How old? Pre 1990, or just before 3d?

Super Munchers was awesome, final fantasy 1, contra 3
I have to find that game....

One of my favorites is Joust. That ajnd the Track and Field game you used the running pad for the NES...great game. We spent hours playing that.

TheOgreMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Empired said:
The oldest King's Quest games. Commander Keen.
Ugh, King's Quest 3 was horrible, and I imagine the rest were the same. The whole point is to click in the exactly correct places in exactly the correct order. Like Myst or Journey to Atlantis; not fun for me.

The Contra games were fun but the first Gameboy Zelda is my fav.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
PAC-MAN said:
Hasanyone played Metal Slug? That game rocks! :)
-Pac
Yes, all 3. I can PM you a link to where you can get them for MAME. I'd post it, but it links to some sites that aren't exactly "forum friendly".

mudvaynefan

Diabloii.Net Member
i know its not old, but baldurs gate for pc... man i was like... 9 when i was playing that, i beat it like 4 times.... dont have it anymore...

Anakha1

Banned
I loved the King's Quests games... most of them, anyways. Especially the one where you get eaten by the whale and get stuck in his belly.

"Alexander doesn't WANT to go there!"

chewie837

Diabloii.Net Member
MinasMorgul said:
The oldest game i ever truly loved, was Betrayal in Antara, i have no idea how old or when it came out though.
While Betrayal in Antara has its points, I feel that it is vastly inferior to its predecesor, the legendary Betrayal at Krondor. Not only was the plot much better than saving the imperial consort, but it was based on the Midkemia books by Raymond Feist. The game does a great job of portraying that world, allowing you to travel almost anywhere from chapter 1. The graphics and interface may not be as polished, but the gameplay outshines Antara.