Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old-folks Game on Ladder East...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WarriorPoet, Feb 17, 2004.

1. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Old-folks Game on Ladder East...

I usually game solo, though I have a couple of friends that I try to meet up with on Wednesday night for a few minutes each week. I'd like to assemble a group of *mature* (not necessarily old) players who would like to start an untwinked team to be run one night a week from 7-9pm. I'd like to have these characters run only together, using only what we can find/gamble while we're together. No tags necessary on the names, and no questing/mfing/etc if not with the group except to catch up if you miss a session.

I know this isn't alot of weekly gaming for most folks here. However, I'm a single Dad with my weekends taken so I'm trying to make a schedule just about anyone could meet with ease. :) Either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights would work for me.

I know that by some posts here these games can be great fun...but I also know it's important to get started on the right foot.

So, anyone interested? I'll play a Javazon or a Conc Barb depending on the needs of the group. Who's with me?

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Is there a Senior Citizens Division?

ill keep my ears open see if this develops

3. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

I'm down for some once-a-week gaming with you.
    I'll officially sign up as a Holy Freeze/Zeal paladin.

4. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Untwinked teams are certainly fun, especially with a good group. I'd play but the times are a bit early for me. I don't get my daughters to bed until 9 PM so I tend to start playing then.

Good luck with your team and have fun!! :)

5. WarriorPoet

Stinger - Are you kiddin' me? I *am* the Senior Citizen's Division; I turn 40 in November! :D You're more than welcome if you get the itch to jump into this.

Kitriara - Glad to have you on board! If we shift the time to 9 to 11pm, would that still work for you? It will work for okay for me...

Kelicc - If we change the time to 9 to 11pm, would you like to give it a try?

Btw, I'm speaking of Eastern Time...sorry I didn't specify that in my initial post...

Poet

edit: spelling

6. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Sure, if you wanted to change it to 9PM - 11PM I'd give it a go. However, don't change the time just on my account. :) If you're able to find more folks willing to play earlier then go for it. I am already involved with an untwinked team so I wouldn't want to take someone's spot if an earlier time is more convenient to others.

That being said, if you do decide to change the time and need another player then I could play any day except for Thursday. Thursday I am involved with Team UGLY :)

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

9-11 is when we run TU on Thursday......it works. Hell I may know a few taht dont come here that would like to do it.

8. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

That sounds like a great idea. Just like DnD night in college. Woot. I' 30 and a long time gamer. I used to play with my dad on the realm until he passed. He loved it even at 52!!! Unfortunatly I don't log on til midnight nightly. I game every mornin though 8am-noon..then off to hell(work) I go.
    I think that a once a week untwinked HC group would rock and refresh the game for us whom have tried every char type and basically have reduced the game done to gear huntin' and trading.

My sc account is blumpkinladda on east. whspr me anytime(when I'm on)

9. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

I'm in if the night is Tuesdays... Monday/Thursday I have a couple classes, so that doesn't work for me. 7-9 or 9-11 are good, either way. (If Tuesdays are bad for others, no big deal.)

If that works, I'd like to go with a Tesladin, or if we need a barb, a singer/beserker (hopefully 2 handed/polearm... but that's not always easy to choose untwinked).

ps... the classes are grad school classes... I'm not quite a senior citizen, but 22 is pushing it on D2... :teeth:

10. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Sounds like u should tag all your characters with:

Senior Citizens Division = SCD-XXXX

:)

And I have u beat..I already turned 40...

Prez

11. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Hey, sounds interesting... Send me a private msg of when you guys are planning to play. If I don't have too much studying to do then I'm in.

Kenshin

12. WarriorPoet

Things are shaping up so far. I think Tuesday nights would work best for me, actually...so Tuesday it is from 9pm until 11pm. First night hopefully to be 24Feb.

Kelicc - Consider yourself on staff if you'd like to be and have the time. ;) I have a son and daughter myself, btw...so I can see at least *two* Dad's rushing their kids to bed on Tuesday nights.

Stinger - Feel free to pass the time along to any who would be interested in this endeavor. The more the better!

dead munkey - Yep, just like the old roleplaying nights! I sure do miss those myself. Sorry the time doesn't work for you to join. And I am also sorry to hear about your Dad's passing...lost mine 5 years ago at the age of 56.

Cooner - 22 works! I said mature...not necessarily old like me. ;) And you can run either of those you'd like. I used to run polers in sc way back when...but they make me nervous in untwinked hc! :D

Prez - That's hilarious! I love the SCD tag idea. And hey, 40 happens to the best of us, right?

Kenshin - Will do. Hoping that the 24th will be our first outing.

Does Tuesdays from 9pm to 11pm work for everyone so far?

I believe the list so far is:

1) Poet - Javazon (preferred) or Conc Barb
    2) Kitriara - Holy Freeze/Zeal Pally
    3) Kelicc
    4) CoonertheRed - Tesladin or Singer/Beserker Barb
    5) Kenshin

Still room for anyone who's interested or that Stinger throws our way.

Poet

13. rathwraith

rathwraith IncGamers Member

hmm sounds good i'm intrested (also a single dad:) )

i'll play either a summon nec or hammerdin if thats ok with every 1 :)

14. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

I'l play, build is undecided atm though, i'l get back to you on it:)
    Account SaNc

15. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

Thanks for the nod. Well if anything changes(time) lemme know. Cya on the realms all.

16. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

The key to an untwinked barb is get life up quick, get strenght to 100 keep dex low and save points by using as much life gear as possible. get no mastery, not even a point. Get Bo Maxed ASAP, use other saved points for Attack skill choice, then after BO is done get attack skill, then go Shout.......when all that is done you should have a weapon and if you want you can get a mastery, or remain mastery lsee and go ZERK or something like Warcry if you are already Zerk.

Mastery can be skipped a long time and does very little for you early. Check helms for those +1-3 mastery mods, save up a few and if ya find a new weapon then switch to new mastery helm if ya want!

Going pole off the bat and getinng mastery and then finding the whole IK set will jsut tick you off!

i am still considering it and ill metion it to some people

17. pippen

pippen IncGamers Member

Look me up at pippen333 or pippen3333, I would be interested in trying this...char is flexible, i see no necro yet, or ??? I will turn 37 this year, and been playin dii for about 3 yrs...I am flexible on times, I can pretty much play whenever...

18. WarriorPoet

Rathwraith and Dahkar - Glad to have you along for the ride! This is shaping up to be a good group, I believe.

Stinger - Once again, great advice. And you're more than welcome if you decide to give this a go with us.

Pippen - It's possible that someone will have a schedule conflict before things are ironed out or that someone may decide not to participate, and if so then you're our final player. Also, if we have enough interest we could get two different groups of Old-folks going. ;)

So far I have the list as follows:

1) Poet - Javazon (preferred) or Conc Barb
    2) Stinger - If you decide to, of course. ;)
    3) Kitriara - Holy Freeze/Zeal Pally
    4) Kelicc
    5) CoonertheRed - Tesladin or Singer/Beserker Barb
    6) Kenshin
    7) Rathwraith - Summoning Necro or Hammerdin
    8) Dahkar

9) Pippen as our alternate.

(These are the folks in a first-come basis.)

First game is scheduled for Tuesday night from 9pm-11pm. I'll post something here on Monday to make sure we're all still ready to go. Thanks for all the interest and I look forward to gaming with you all!

19. rathwraith

rathwraith IncGamers Member

yes sounds like much fun. i'm 33 acct is rath-bot, i play alot of hcl on east whisp me if any1 feels like playing or needs some help :)

20. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

It does look like a fun group :) As I mentioned before, I currently am involved in an untwinked group so if Pippen wants my spot then I would be willing to let him have it.

Otherwise, I need to think of a character. Seems like I am always a Paladin in untwinked games :) Maybe I'd go with a druid? Haven't played one of those in 1.10 yet.

So, if Pippen wants my spot, I can take the position of "alternate" :) If not, then I'll see y'all on Tuesday!