Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Old Battle.net

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by ShibbadyHoobidy, May 16, 2019 at 6:48 AM.

1. ShibbadyHoobidy

ShibbadyHoobidy IncGamers Member

I don't know if anyone here has noticed or if you even care, but I just wanna share that the original battle.net server for Diablo is up and running again. It stopped working back in 2018, but as of about a week ago, it appears to be fully operational.

If anyone is interested in playing, feel free to leave a response.

Dacar92 likes this.
  2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I wonder if that is because of the game being sold on GoG now. I'll bet they fixed it due to that.

3. ShibbadyHoobidy

ShibbadyHoobidy IncGamers Member

I may be wrong, but from what I understand, GOG battle.net is completely separate from blizzard battle.net. The status of one shouldn't have an effect on the other.

Maybe one little tech guy within Blizzard cares enough about Diablo 1 that they fixed it up themself?
    The same thing happened with the War2 server. It also stopped working at the same time as D1, and now that seems to magically be repaired. Although finding anyone active on either of these games in old Battle.net is pretty hard since most moved onto GOG.

I don't think they ever actually made the decision to close the servers. They just stopped working for whatever reason, and now they're back up for whatever reason. Some people I talked to say they can log in and create games, and a few others I know can't. So who knows what's what.