Okay, who urgent paged Xircon...

Okay, who urgent paged Xircon...

I know one of you twits must have gone banging on his door as there is no other reason for a D2 forums moderator to suddenly spring to life with the kind of guilt-induced gusto that only months of ignorance and apathy can create, taking umbrage at behaviour that has long been occurrent.

Or is said moderator feeling a bit unappreciated by the shrinking sycophantic user population, and simply looking to stroke the ego with a dose of masturbatory peon flagellation.

Well then, I think we know who your first target is going to be. :badteeth:

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Is there any problem with bansprees? It is like saying that catching a murderer after an investigation and then sentence him would be wrong?

Better late than never. Order is good. :thumbsup:
Btw, The Report Button is there for a reason. It is not "banging on his door" using that one.

Thanks for cleaning up!

Xircon

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there any problem with bansprees? It is like saying that catching a murderer after an investigation and then sentence him would be wrong?

Better late than never. Order is good. :thumbsup:
Btw, The Report Button is there for a reason. It is not "banging on his door" using that one.
Yup, thanks.

I have a feeling this will be another big ban spree maybe bigger than anything I have done before. You know, people are right. I don't spend a lot of time here. I don't like to really read about much of the stuff that goes on here. I do like pvp though.

But the rules are clear. I have a couple stickied threads with them just as reminders. Rarely do I warn and more often I do ban. More often it comes in large groups and not one at a time. Does it bother me and do I lose sleep over it? Yeah right.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
He was a previously banned user to begin with...

Anyways, Xircon, don't get us wrong when sometimes we hint at the fact that the moderators disappear for a while. We understand completely that you guys have lives, and usually the people who joke about it aren't the rule-breakers. :cool:

Good job on handling the situation. It was only that group of people who started this whole flaming war, and once that's dealt with, we should have peace again. :jig:

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
But the rules are clear. I have a couple stickied threads with them just as reminders. Rarely do I warn and more often I do ban. More often it comes in large groups and not one at a time. Does it bother me and do I lose sleep over it? Yeah right.
I doubt people read the rules, but hey, this is a forum so what did you expect? First come first served. :evil:

And about the Kiba-topic... Funny thing is that once you finally think it is all over with the general downtalk, you see a new thread that hails him. Sort of like when right-wing extremists fight left-wing extremists and accuse them for their beliefs.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
It doesn't need to be bad "drama". All Kiba did was take the time to make some awesome videos. It wasn't his fault that certain people were egoistically "attacked" and felt the need to defend themselves via flames, trolling and other offensive actions.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
the problem with ban sprees is the lull in bannings that precedes them

I certainly can't expect any sane individual to spend alot of time in this forum let alone moderate it though, xircon is immune to criticism from me in so far as I sure as hell wouldn't want to do this job, yikes, hopefully it works out

Xircon

Diabloii.Net Member
East trade forum, currently 75,341 threads with 447,464 posts.
PvP forum, currently 2,509 threads with 46,262 posts.

I have been a mod in East for over 4 years now and here about 2 years but I bet I have banned 5 times the amount of people in the pvp forum.

I try to give people a lot. I let them push the boundaries in here more than any other forum. Usually though when I do ban someone, someone else has to try to step one up such as this creator of this thread here which results in a ban spree.

Ash, you are one of the few people that I would take criticism from around here. Constructive criticism is most generally welcome as long as it is done in a tactful manner.

moonlike

Banned

I certainly can't expect any sane individual to spend alot of time in this forum let alone moderate it though, xircon is immune to criticism from me in so far as I sure as hell wouldn't want to do this job, yikes, hopefully it works out
omg u have 24k posts crazy!

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
He was a previously banned user to begin with...

Anyways, Xircon, don't get us wrong when sometimes we hint at the fact that the moderators disappear for a while. We understand completely that you guys have lives, and usually the people who joke about it aren't the rule-breakers. :cool:

Good job on handling the situation. It was only that group of people who started this whole flaming war, and once that's dealt with, we should have peace again. :jig:

What he said. We know you guys have better things to do with your time than spend all of it hunting trolls. I'm glad that things have been seen to, that was just getting silly. Oh, and at the OP - Yeah, I went knockin'. Shame on.. oh wait, no, no shame on me.

moonlike said:
omg u have 24k posts crazy!
Hah, Ash is one of our resident spammers. Evrae Altana will soon bypass him for the crown though.