Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ok, this IS weird :s

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dawnmaster, May 4, 2005.

1. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Ok, this IS weird :s

I was playing with my smiter in hell, happily kicking some demon ass when I got cast under Iron Maiden and died about instantly. (I was dead before the sound of the cast was done)

Now the weird part was (I didn't hit escape or anything) I was standing next to my body, naked, with 1 life and lost exp. I could run around between the monsters and they didn't notice me.

http://img61.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenshot0019ss.jpg
    http://img61.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenshot0021qg.jpg

I waited for several minutes running around (couldn't pick up body, couldn't hurt anything) and exited game without problems. I made a next game and picked up my body, everything is still there.

So, my main question is this: how could I appear next to my body and be invincible to all monsters? (again: I didn't have lag and I didn't hit esc, I just died and appeared with 1 life and naked near my body when I died)

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

were the monsters moving? if they weren't its most likely lag. I've experienced it before.

3. atrusunbound

atrusunbound IncGamers Member

Actualy it is vary hard to spot lag in this game if it is induced by an internet connection.

but from the two pictures i can pretty much confirm that one monster moved from north of the player to slightly south east i think from what i remember from looking at the pictures a few secounds ago

4. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

Thi is an occasional bug in the game.

I have had it happen to me once or twice (though not for a while, probably back in 09 or so)

I dont know of any way of fixing it without leaving the game, but leavingthe game sems to solve the problem in all cases.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Except you are playing hardcore because your character will be dead then ;)

I once had it when my character died while I was frantically pressing F keys, the mouse button etc. in order to get out of a nasty situation. AFAIK the character is "rightfully" dead (i.e. you haven't been cheated), it's just that your computer doesn't handle the situation correctly.

6. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Known game bug. Happens whenever you have a specific situation where you are wearing replenish life gear and you die. Has to be timed right but it will cause you to "regenerate" and be able to run around with nothing bothering you.

7. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Yes. I've had that happen to me before, funny enough when I was dueling. Apparently the only way to fix it is to exit and rejoin. It is kinda funny when it happens, though. I think I may have some screenshots if someone is interested...