Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ok then...questions about a certain online item seller...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mdbutphy, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdbutphy

mdbutphy IncGamers Member

ok then...questions about a certain online item seller...

Text removed.

~Aragorn

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

well as you can see, this is a legit forum so most likely, people here do not buy items online. So we can't help you here.

Also what you posted is still considered advertising, only in a more discreet way.

3. mdbutphy

I thought their items were legit...I thought all the non-legit sites were out of business since blizzard cracked down on duped/hacked items and such and started deleting such items...besides which, I would think a post of this nature would do little for business.

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Doesn't matter. This post still seems against the rules.

Anyway... since when did blizzard crack down on duped/hacked items? I wasn't informed about that... ebay still has "10 runes of your choice".....

5. mdbutphy

I've just read and heard of people losing items they traded for or bought because they were hacked/duped items...

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

so why would buying items from a 3rd party website be any different? How do you think that they have so many of one item? They either bot or dupe.

7. mdbutphy

On the site in question, they state that delivery times may depend directly on the rarity of the items ordered. That statement led me to believe that the items on the site were already found, or in cases of high rarity, would need more time to be found before delivery. This would constitute a legitimate item store.

My point was this: if hacked and duped items were being deleted, the following would occur. First, people would get angry because their stuff would be gone. Second, they would tell their friends about their misfortune. Third, those friends would then tell their friends about the deletions. Fourth, people would say, "I don't think buying hacked/duped items is a good idea..." Fifth, the sites that sold these items would lose business from a) reduced demand for their items, and b)the periodic loss of their stock. Sixth, the few legal item sellers would remain, and would receive the hacked/duped item sellers' customers. Seventh, more legal item sellers would emerge to recreate the market.

Now, I recognize that there are a few things to consider it the preceding process. Firstly, it depends on whether or not Blizzard is really "cracking down," as I put it, on hacked items. And even if they do, the viability of a website that would sell those items would depend also on the regularity of the item deletions, ie, if the deletions happened only once or twice a year, they would do little to deter sellers. Secondly, it seems illogical to produce a website selling only legit items, at first at least, because, put simply, it is difficult to obtain specific items, especially high level items, through legal means. However, it is not impossible that a group of high-magic-find and high-level characters could spend time doing baal runs all day and stockpiling their items. In fact, this is how a few sites, and as I presumed all sites, get their stock. And thirdly, you mentioned ebay, which I must admit, I hadn't checked. The fact that there are TONS very rare items listed in such high quantities puts too much stress on the above possibilities to prove that hacked/duped items are being deleted at least fairly regularly.

So, in light of that, I would have to say that it seems that indeed Blizzard is not doing much in the way of discouraging the spread of hacked items. As a consequence, my previously held belief that 'most' items available online were legitimate is probably misguided. As such, the possibility that I might have been scammed does not surprise me.

And so, to end this thread, I'd like to apologize for wasting everyone's time, and for again violating the forum rules. I'd like to say that this was not my intention. Rather, I was trying to elicit responses of shared experiences. It appears, however, that the premise for which I started the thread is in fact born of illegitimacy. Again, for this, I apologize.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Matt Brown

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

To the thread starter :

You will have to post this topic elsewhere, outside these forums if you wish to discuss it.

Though we on this site do allow the discussion of hacks/dupes/and cheats in a moral sense, we do not allow the pushing of them, linking to sites that carry them, asking where to get, etc.

I deleted the link you had in the other thread and you chose to repost that same thread and post the link again in a different form. ,Once a thread is closed it is not allowed to be reposted without a moderator's permission.

This discussion is now over.

Please do not post this topic again or I may have to take a more serious action than a warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.