ok, stupid question ...

ksdurg

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, stupid question ...

... how do you open a trade window? And what does it look like (i.e. how does it function?)

I've looked lots of places. Even googled. But I haven't found anything that tells me how to open a trade window.

Thanks.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Click on the person you're trying to trade with. Put your items on your side of the window, and the other person puts his items on their side of the window. Then both of you press the check mark, and voila, the trade is completed.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
be careful of scammers using the trade window
some items use the same skin and have very different mods
tal armor:rattlecage
peasant crown:any plain cap, war hat, shako

some people will cancel or spread items in their inventory so their isnt room to comlete the trade
then trade again and swap in a lower valued items to get your goods for less

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, always put your mouse over the item and make sure it's everything you were promised before you click that button!

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
yup, most hrs on realms now are dups
be careful trading for them, and keep them on a mule that never enters public games, when you need one take it from your hr mule and put it on another to trade it

Dr Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
^ All good advice I'm speechless. Your lucky you got this advice before I did :p Lost my 2 bartucs claws when I was a newb :(

ksdurg

Diabloii.Net Member
yup, most hrs on realms now are dups
be careful trading for them, and keep them on a mule that never enters public games, when you need one take it from your hr mule and put it on another to trade it
Thanks for the advice ffejrxx, but could you explain the reasoning behind that. I'm unclear as to why I should do that (e.g. what happens to the HR in public games, and wouldn't that impact trading them, etc?)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
if the clone of one of your dups is in the same game as you, one of them will poof after you exit the game