Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OK Straight up WHich is better: DT/DC/DT/DF? PvM

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Mistress Sersi, May 19, 2008.

1. Mistress Sersi

Mistress Sersi IncGamers Member

OK Straight up WHich is better: DT/DC/DT/DF? PvM

I am lvl 22 sin. Should I go dual claw or a kicker?

I understand most mods on weapons do not transfer to kicks? yes? ( except crushing blow.

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

3. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: OK Straight up WHich is better: DT/DC/DT/DF? PvM

I like tiger strike and dragon tail

and blocking with shield

4. Mistress Sersi

Well, I want to make a sin based on a MA> I have never done that before. SO I figure I would get some advice. I like speed, might go DC.

5. knuckle

knuckle IncGamers Member

If you like speed you should also consider dragon talon. It's 3 frame follow up kicks are quite fast. Combine it with crushing blow and monsters will drop before you. Also an excellent way to cause procing spells that are "on striking" to go off. Ex. Stormlash has some good cb and if you ber it, it will have gain more cb. On top of that it has a 15% ctc static field on striking so that too will be going off staticing monsters around.

6. Mistress Sersi

OK. SO what are the positives and negatives of Dragon Talon vs Dragon Tail vs Dragon Flight?

I do not wan tto put points into a skill I will not use. Dragon Flight seems cool due to the teleport function. But I have never used it, so I do not know how effective it would be.

If I go with a DT kicker, do I have to max one of the middle "charge up" skills? ( like Phoenix Strike?)

it seems that I have to look for these mods on my equipment & weapon: properties that do work with kicks:
    Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Slow Target

And this setup: Helm: peasant crown
    Shield: rhyme
    Armor: Vipermagi
    Rings: angelic
    Amu: angelic
    Boots: Immortal king
    Gloves Immortal king
    Belt: String of ears
    Weapon: either spirit, strength(which I do not like) or at lvl 24 a Maul with CB like Bonesnap.

I have already made a trapper, so I do not want to go down that road.

I think I will make 2 sins. 1 kicker & 1 dual claw DC sin.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Dragon Flight is an utility skill. Its cooldown timer and its bugs make it quite uneffective as attack skill.

Peasant and Viper and better for casters. Tal's helm would be better with leach and resists, and is dirt cheap as well. In the armor spot, consider Treachery as you will have some horrible resists in Hell with your current setup.

Do not use spirit sword, that is entirely a caster weapon. A physical melee char do not benefit a lot from +skills. And don't go with a 2-hand weapon on a kicker, it's pointless as the extra damage does not apply to your kicks, and you lose your shield spot.

Dragon Tail works well when combined with Tiger Strike. As for the elemental charge-ups, they are a build on their own and should not be combined with kicks. Their finisher is either DClaw for AR or normal attack for speed (if they don't go dual claws). Kicks are just too slow for that.

Dragon Talon, on the other hand, should NOT be combined with charge-up skills. Just jump into a fight and kick away.

Basically, focus your skill points around 1 setup. Only after having tried 2 setups should you build a hybrid.

8. Mistress Sersi

Yes, your correct. I forgot about Treachery. I LOVE that runeword.

SO what your saying is that a kicker has more skill points to play with, since they do not need a charge up skill.

A dual claw using Dragon Claw should use a charge up skill like Tiger Strike.

Is this right?

9. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Hmm, well not really, not if you're planning to max DC. The reason being that the time you spend charging up Tiger is better spent just hitting with your high level DC.

Even though I love Dclaw, purist DC builds always seemed kind of boring to me however.

Tiger does work ok with a low level DC if you're determined to use the combo. And DC of any level can be a good finishing move for any of the elemental charge-ups.

10. Skullbash

Skullbash IncGamers Member

I've always been partial to dual claw phoenix strikers with a 1 point dragon claw and points in claw mastery as needed to get a good Attack Rating. It's nice to be able to immobilize everything in addition to having high fire or lightning damage and potentially poison or physical as well. Plus Chaos Lightning has to be one of the coolest looking skills in the game :cool:.

11. Mistress Sersi

SO I max PS? I like playing dual claw.I use the kick skill to push back attackers until I get to them.

So if I do this, I do not have to max DC?

12. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

You're better off using Nat's set if you go PS. And the gear is quite different... your dmg will depend on +skills.

If you go "pure" PS and max light + fire, don't max DC. If you go partial PS and only max light, you can consider maxing DC as a physical solution to light immunes.

13. Mistress Sersi

I think I am going to go Max DC, some points in claw mastery, block, and SW.

Then I am going to make a kicker.

After that, I am going to try my hand at a PS-er.

14. Mistress Sersi

So if I max DC, I do not need a charge up skill?

15. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but there are three builds that are pretty strong for a beginner like yourself.

1. Dual claw Phoenix Striker. Many people use Nat's Set for this build, it rocks. Max PS, CoT, I also max FoF for the PS Meteor synergy. Surprisingly, you don't need to max your DC finisher. You can get away with just a few points in it. Uses BoS and WB, but you only need a single point in these as well. The set and good items give a bunch of + to skills. Guide here

2. Claw/Shield Dragon Tail Kicker. I think you can also go dual claw here for more +skills, but you are safer with something like stormshield. This build requires Myrmidon greaves to achieve great kick damage when you release your TS chargeup with DT. Upped Gores are probably best and easy to get, you can also try shadow dancers if you can afford them. I haven't built this one in a while, check here

3. Dragon Talon Kicker. This build is mighty expensive, but people take down ubers w/her. No chargeups at all, you'll probably be sick of them by the time you build this one and then you'll really like her. Superfast, multiple kicks w/tons of chance to cast effects and crushing blow. Check here

Of course there are other non-trapper builds, but it seems like these are the ones you are leaning towards.

16. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Plug

If you go Dragon Talon or Dragon Claw, please use Death Sentry.

17. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I didn't find the DT Kick/trapper expensive at all. I needed to get some CB, thats it, can get CB on Gloves/Armor/Weapon/Helm/Boots. Venom and death sentry take care of the last sliver of life when CB is no longer effective. I actually found this to be the cheapest of the above mentioned builds.

I think it is a bit easier as well cause you don't need to worry about chargeups, also venom/traps take care of phys immunes.