Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OK, so you probably won't want to play this one...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jmervyn, Oct 7, 2014.

1. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I figured I'd throw it out there just because... er, YOLO or something.

Which Conservative Radio Talk Show Host Are You?

"Congratulations! You got Mark Levin. Your friends refer to you as the "The Great One" because of your leadership in spreading the gospel of freedom and limited government. You are considered by many to be one the best conservative American radio talk show host of all time. You fear no one. You can debate anyone. You are a patriot."

I'm content with that one. I was afraid of getting Hannity, who I have grown to dislike substantially.

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Oh, **** it. I don't listen to talk radio and I don't know who any of these creeps are so at least I can't outsmart the questions and just end up with the result that gives me the most satisfying ego boost.

*starts quiz*

Oh... it's one of those kinda quizzes. I had no idea that choice of pet had political ramifications (I picked kitties, naturally).

For what's it worth (not much, I admit), I am apparently Mark Levin as well. Is this good or should I jump off a cliff?

Dawnmaster and BobCox2 like this.
  3. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well, he's probably the smartest of the bunch and uses the least schtik. I like him (wiki) but he's got an annoying voice so I prefer to read his articles.

I decided to make all 2nd choices and...

"Congratulations! You got Laura Ingraham. You are an absolutely brilliant Ivy League graduate and former clerk for the U.S. Supreme Court. Not only are you one of the most listened to radio talk show host in the nation, you are also the fill-in for Bill O'Reilly at 8PM and 11PM on Fox News. You're a fierce debater who refuses to let liberals ruin our great nation without putting up a fight!"

She's pretty decent too, though she's not great in set-piece situations like filling in for O'Rielly (I'll watch that when she's on it). I tend to wonder if this isn't some "clever" advertising.

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I took a swing at it as well, eventhough I don't know anyone over there.

*at first glance I feel extremely limited in all my answers*
    (it's like choosing between yellow, orange, green, brown, red, and I want to pick something blue...)

"Congratulations! You got Rush Limbaugh"
    (don't know if he's a good choice, some questions I just picked at random because I didn't recognize any answer)

I'll leave it to Merv to give his opinion on this guy ^^

5. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Rush can be fun to listen to... for about 2 weeks, maximum. He's the original, far more intelligent version of Stephen Colbert; his entire show is one long trolling of insane leftism.

Thing is, how long do you <really> want to listen to someone trolling the mentally handicapped?

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

With trolling, you mean witty rhetorics in favour of "leftism" rather than witty rhetorics in favour of your agenda, right? :D

7. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

No. Rather he uses dull, angry, inflammatory statements in satirical fashion which skewer the Left's agenda in precisely the way that inflames them the most. Things like pointing out that a woman wanting someone to pay for her sexual activity is normally considered a prostitute (he got burned on this one and backed down) or highlighting the way that Michael J. Fox hammed up his Parkinson's Disease for a politically-motivated stem cell research ad.

This leads to his listeners mocking the people who get all butthurt about Rush as ignorant and shallow, not grasping the nuance of his show. They have a point, but it gets tiring; Limbaugh is an extreme bombast.

Greg Gutfeld (and his sidekick, Andy Levy) on RedEye does the same thing but they're much more light-hearted and frivolous, so only rarely does a Left-wing organization screech about them (because doing so makes them look asinine, like someone taking The Onion as factual). Gutfeld constantly spouts cracks like alluding to Obama's foreign birth in the tiny Island Kingdom of Hawaii (or his enslavement of cabana boys).

8. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Which them do you like best.?

I have to admit without your insight jmervyn I would have missed the nuances between them.

You are the "hidden I" on that team.
    [​IMG]

9. Evilfury

Evilfury IncGamers Member

Hmmm... Did this just for the fun of it...

The result: Oddly enough...

Is it a "fit"? or do I need to do this again for the "fun" of it? :D

(DISCLAIMER: I don't listen to Any "radio"[televised(?) or not] whatsoever... perhaps I should... might miss something I guess? :D)

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I have no idea. I don't listen to talk radio and while I confess I was once a political junkie, I weened myself off of the subject many years ago. Politics is not a polite topic so I'll only discuss it with close friends or non-ideologues.

How did you answer the "pet question"? That seemed to be a real hard-hitter. /sarc

EDIT: @jmervyn : Limbaugh isn't fit to carry Colbert's jock strap and you know it! Also, in regards to trolling the left, Coulter runs circles around Limbaugh. He's nowhere near her league.

11. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

You paying for the most offensive A-hole that can piss off the most people?

No interest.

12. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Agree with the latter, disagree with the former. Colbert is nowhere near as funny as the trained seal cadre demands he is; Stewart's far more entertaining.

Still, I imagine it's the difference in media/medium; Limbaugh simply wouldn't (and hasn't) done well on TV. Still, the deep dark secret is that the numbers for Colbert/Stewart/Oliver are less than mediocre when compared to the radio talkers (or even RedEye, which is on at 0300hrs).

13. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I got him. I also started reading this book. Not sure if I should cross post in the Reading thread or not.

[​IMG]

14. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Odd, I just got Laura Ingraham. <--- notice the angle??

Her interview with General John Kelly was a great first day.

15. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I used to like her a lot, but she's become a devout Trumpkin like so many that claimed 'Conservatarian' beliefs previously.

I like (LESBIANMODERATEOMGBBQSAUCE) Tammy Bruce far more. Bruce isn't just mouthing popular stuff like Ingraham.