ok, so now the opposite...

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, so now the opposite...

the most expenisve useless rw that u wish dia had nvr created and just sucks and there is better cheap items or just everything is just annoying about it

ill start with wind and vemon rws
pointless unuseable and just argh!

oh yeah and a +1 defence sc

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
I find the 1.11 rw in general pretty useless, Treachery and Peace can be pretty useful, but the others just have ridiculous prices, and their useful mods are often provide directly form the runes...

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey I'm planning on making a couple wind claws myself. 20% frw on a weapon doesn't just grow on trees.

I'm basically making the fastest frw assasin that I can. Those puppies are going to add another 40%. Though I'm noticing significant diminishing returns. Still it's a goal and they're the last piec of the puzzle. Beside filling my inventory with 3% frw small charms.

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
Magic find Grand Charms (other than Gheeds) are pretty useless. Especially when a MF GC can only have 12 MF and 3x 7mfscs takes the same number of spaces, has better MF and can fit above other useful GCs in your stash. There should be some incentive to use the GCs. For example instead of maxing the MF GC at 12, why not place a bonus on it of 25 and make it worthwhile as it has less versatility when being used.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Wind is a supreme kicksin weapon in the right claw and Venom would have made a great dual-element poison-daggermancer weapon before the marrowalk bug was fixed.

Stormspire seems like the most useless unique from just a quick lookdown.

Last Wish isn't worth the runes in it.

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
Especially when a MF GC can only have 12 MF and 3x 7mfscs takes the same number of spaces, has better MF and can fit above other useful GCs in your stash.
you got it al wrong... you MUST put your SCs UNDER the GCs!!:shocked: :tongue:

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
He's right, you know. SCs go under Gcs.

I would have to say Wind. I thought it was pretty cool, until I noticed that it was for melee weapons, not missile weapons. It would be so sweet on a bow...

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
the most expenisve useless rw that u wish dia had nvr created and just sucks and there is better cheap items or just everything is just annoying about it

oh yeah and a +1 defence sc
For shear fun factor, I'd say Wind is pretty neat, seeing Tornadoes fly around, same reason I like Shadow Killer, in combination with Blade Fury, you're sending Frost Nova's from a distance.

A +1 defence sc still has some use, a +X stamina charm has no use whatsoever...

Hey I'm planning on making a couple wind claws myself. 20% frw on a weapon doesn't just grow on trees.

I'm basically making the fastest frw assasin that I can. Those puppies are going to add another 40%. Though I'm noticing significant diminishing returns. Still it's a goal and they're the last piec of the puzzle. Beside filling my inventory with 3% frw small charms.
That would be pretty silly, since there is a cap on FRW (iirc, which I'm not sure off, you can't run faster than one screen per second, assuming you play at 800x600)

Magic find Grand Charms (other than Gheeds) are pretty useless. Especially when a MF GC can only have 12 MF and 3x 7mfscs takes the same number of spaces, has better MF and can fit above other useful GCs in your stash. There should be some incentive to use the GCs. For example instead of maxing the MF GC at 12, why not place a bonus on it of 25 and make it worthwhile as it has less versatility when being used.
Simple answer (it has been discussed before): a small charm can't get the special mods a grand charm can have (eg: +1 certain skilltree), so in order to balance that a bit, the larger charms get a relative lower mod when compared to the same space occupance of smaller charms.

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
That would be pretty silly, since there is a cap on FRW (iirc, which I'm not sure off, you can't run faster than one screen per second, assuming you play at 800x600)
That may be the diminishing returns I'm seeing. But what the heck. I wanted to make the flash and I'm making him darn it. Even if an assasin is female.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Useless items in D2? I must pick up a thousand every time I play.

There's a whole useless gameplay element though, and that's stamina. Why did they even bother?

As for useless runewords, there must be piles. Radiance is pretty ridiculous (low runes, but still it's three sockets), Venom is an absurd waste of a Mal. And of course a lot of the new ones are overpriced... not that it matters since they're mostly aimed at people with HRs coming out their arse anyway.