Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OK... Now at Level 78 Ladder... Advice???

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by lesofprimus, Mar 27, 2004.

1. lesofprimus

lesofprimus IncGamers Member

OK... Now at Level 78 Ladder... Advice???

Thanks again for all the help in guiding me to this point...
    All Skills and stats are WITH items...

Name: MKI-PRIMUSUXX
    Level: 78

Damage:
    20k-34k, (Charged TS and 2x Charges PS)
    21k-32k Both Charged Up...
    20-32k Just TS charged...

Str: 296
    Dex: 161
    Vit: 221

Fire rez: 67
    Cold rez: 17
    Light rez: 72
    Poison rez: 34

TS: 31
    DTail: 31
    PS: 31
    CoT: 13 (next points go here)
    All other req skills at 12...

CM: 10
    BoS: 10
    WB: 10
    Sm: 6
    All other req skills at 6...
    I swap out a +2 martial helm for casting...

No points in traps... I have a +1 death sentry claw on weapon switch...

GEAR:
    Leviathan, 41 str, 20 DR
    +2 martial gloves
    +3 martial ammy
    Shadow dancer boots, +1 martial, 24 dex
    IK belt, +25 str, LightRez and FireRez
    Guillaumes helm, 30 FHR, 35% CB, +15 str
    Bartucs, shaeled
    Jade Talon
    4%ML, 7%LL, All resists +11 ring
    Raven Frost
    Annihiulus Charm

Other items to chose from:

Andy Visage at level 83
    Gaze, 15 ias jewel, 7/7/15
    Draculs gloves, 10%LL, +10 str
    Wisp Projector ring
    Carrion Wind ring, 8%
    Vendugos belt
    Another Bartucs
    Shadow Killer
    IK Gloves, +20 STR

I want my damage to be higher, but i want to survive in hell acts 4-5... As it stands right now, i do good on norm monsters, but upon a unique monster and minions, im easy prey... Well, maybe not easy, but i usually will end up dyin after killin a couple of em... I beat hell already, and find that I'm doin good, but my def or block rate aint cuttin it..

I have a level 76 defiance merc wearin Upgraded Shaft, Tals Mask and Reapers Toll...

Any help, comments, suggestions, or advice is greatly appreciated...

2. lesofprimus

sorry for the self bump, but im lookin for some help here...

3. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

You do realise "k" stands for 1000 don't you? :teeth: 24000-32000 seems a little much, you probably mean 2400-3200 (2,4k-3,2k) ?

Anyway, a great way to up your damage is by getting a few +10 max grand charms. Bartucs original damage is like 150 which will shoot to 160 meaning an increase of 7% of your total max damage. War traveler boots add a lot of damage too. Probably better than shadow dancers for this build.

4. robthevwman

robthevwman IncGamers Member

Don't forget you can up tucs since you're on ladder. My up'd tucs has 180 max... thats a 30 boost.

5. lesofprimus

Thanks for the replys...

People...... This is a Kicksin... Dragon Tail... Massive damage...

I am doing 20,000 - 36,000 damage.....

not some whimpy 2,000- 3,600....

PFFFFFT.....

I have three +9 MAX GC's alreadyin inven... I need the room for resist charms... Playin on ladder, they are alittle too overpriced... I just use what I find....

The damage from kicks comes from the damage on ur boots, not ur weapons...
    Myridom Greaves, of which Shadow Dancers are, are the highest damage boots....

And the +1 Martial skills adds about 1k damage....

For the record, Weapon damage has no affect on this build... And I am doin 20 K - 36 K damage........

Anyone else have some help or ideas for me???

6. lesofprimus

Come on I need some serious opinions here guys... Ur input made this char what it is now... Now help me finish...

_$$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$_________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$_______
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$_____
    $$$$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____
    _$$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___
    _$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__
    _$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$__
    _$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$__
    $$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$____$$$$__
    $$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$___
    $$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$___$$$___$$$$$$___
    _$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$____$$$$$$$$$$_____
    _$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$___$$$$$$$_________
    _$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$___$$$$_____
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$____$$$__________$$$_____$$$_____
    $$$$$$$$$$$________$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$____________
    $$$$$$$______________________________________________$$$$_____________ _$$_________________________________________________$$$___________

And for the record, I messed up in previous posts.. Boots have +1 to SHADOW skills, not martial.... duh..

7. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

Maybe upgraded gore riders would be better then your shadow dancers because of open wounds and deadly strike

8. lesofprimus

I looked into the gore riders....

Deadly strike does not work with kicks...

But thanks for your input....

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Uhm, you're pretty much at the practical cap of DTail damage. Besides putting the remainder of your points in STR and getting a few more +MA skills(maybe switching the Jade for a Bartuc, though you may need the resists more), you're already at maximum damage for TS/DTail.

As for safety, consider getting a higher PDR Leviathan, and socket Resist Jewels/Um runes wherever you can. The rest has to be made up from charms.

10. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

Lacerator Unique Winged Axe might be a better weapon with Stormshield with 33% open wounds and 33% amplify damage

11. lesofprimus

Hey Guys...
    Thx for the replies...

Nali...
    I've seen guys posting damage over 45k before... I'm not sure what u mean by practical damage cap, but i assume that u mean euipmentwise, and that if i use other items to get damage higher, then the build suffers too much and i die....

Ur right on the resists and Jade Talon setup.. Only reason i have it on is for the resists... Getting a higher PDR on the Levi almost seems pointless.. A couple of % PDR really doesnt make that much of a difference...

I put the gaze back on and replaced the Guillaumes... Seems like the opnly thing i was gettin from it was the Crushing Blow... Is it worth the PDR and Leech and IAS on the Gaze????

I'm not sure...

U have any ideas on my gloves situation??? Or the ammy im usin??? I am plannin on switchin to Andarials Visage whence i reach level 83.... Any advice on that??? I certainly can use the poison resist, as that is what messes me up in hell act 5.......

Firestrider....
    I never even considered usin a weap other than a claw... The +Skills from the Tucs makes it very hard to use something else... And I use 2 weaps, not a shield... My dex is way too low to use a shield... Planned it that way....
    Dont need the PDR from SS...

Keep the cooments and suggestions comin Gang....

12. Kaywe

Kaywe IncGamers Member

Don't release tripple charged TS one millisecond afted u get IM'd.. That was the last thing my HC lvl 78 TS/Dtailer did on Europe ladder

13. lesofprimus

Yea.. This i understand.. IM is bad news for any melee character... Period...

I just made level 83 and put on the Andys Visage... Makes a nice difference...

BUT....

Im still gettin beat on pretty good by groups in act 5... Even with all this leech i got on, she still dont leech worth a squat... Leech only happens on the main monster I hit right, not AoE???

If so, then why do I only leech back a 1/4 of my life globe upon a 41k Dragon Tail kick??? (with Fantacism) Its not makin sense to me...

I think I got somethin wrong goin on here.. My defense and str and life totals are all high, yet take a couple hits and I'm fightin to stay alive....

Any more comments on how to combat my problems???

14. Naliworld

45k is possible in theory, if you put every single natural stat point you get into STR, and completely focus on +STR and +MA equipment/charms(no resists/PDR). As you've probably guessed, this simply doesn't work out in practice(maybe it does in SC, if you don't mind dying very often, but forget about HC). You're going to need the VIT or end up a glass cannon in Hell: sure, you can kill that Extra Strong/Fire Resistant Frenzytaur in one TS/DTail release in an 8-player game. The question is; can you live long enough to even release those TS charges(you're already having trouble with 221 VIT. Imagine how much more difficult it would be with 20 VIT?)?

As you've probably found out, Andy's Visage is probably one of the best TS/DTail(and to some degree, DTalon) helms.

Gloves and Amulet are fine, IMO. If possible, though, try to get a rare pair of +2 MA gloves with LL, to help with your HP problem. Consider switching the +3 MA Ammy for a +2 Assassin skills ammy, to help with WB and Fade(if you use it).

The 41k Dragon Tail kick is mostly made out of Fire damage(which you guessed, is unleechable), based off the Physical damage you do. Maybe 5-12k(may be lower) of that is actually Physical damage which you can leech on. Exactly how much LL do you have on equipment, and what monsters do you usually engage most often(Undead often have leech penalties, such as in the case of all Skeletons which cannot be leeched from at all, and also Zombies/Gloams, which have a leech penalty)?

Are you making full use of CoS, your Merc and MB? Between them, you should only have a maximum of 3 non-Oblivion Knight enemies attacking you at once, at the most, 5.

15. lesofprimus

Mali,
    Thanks for the reply...

I guess my main explaination is that I dont use CoS and MB enough...

My last assassin was somewhat of a tank and could get in the middle of a group of baddies, and blast away without the fear of dyin... She was Dragon Claw style...

I try that with this char and ahhhhh... I'm dead...

The leech i have is such...

Leech on Andys, which is 9... Ring which is 7... Tucs which is 9..

25% LL.... Not much...

But.... if i leech only my target, i still should leech off the TS damage and boot damage right??? Or is the target only gettin boot damage??? I thought i got both, just not the splash damage....

If thats the case, that is a hell of alot of leech is it not??? It aint showin me that tho... If I am in fact leechin on 5-12k damage, 25% of that is still alot...

I am right now doin Baal runs, and alot of the guys are fire immune.... and skellies... Yes... I do know about the unleechables and whatnot... I guess once i hit 85-87 or so, i really wont have as many problems, cause i stop doin baal runs around there...

Ill take ur advice and get the gloves and ammy.... Thanks again for ur comments....

16. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

A point in cobra strike might get rid of all your leeching problems........

17. Liquid_Fire

Liquid_Fire IncGamers Member

after charging up are you finishing up with D-tail?

18. lesofprimus

UUUMMMMM..... Dude did u read the first part of that post???

"People...... This is a Kicksin... Dragon Tail... Massive damage..."

Dragon Tail is called DTAIL...

SOEP... Yea man i know about CS... I have a point in it already... I just started usin it more, and it does make a difference.. Doesnt end my problems, but it makes surviving alittle easier... The extra time it takes to get it charged up allows the baddies to hurt me more tho... I guess its just a matter of playin cautiously... Im not used to that.. All my melee chars are mean and nasty and rush into battle with little cause for alarm....

Not this character...

Thanks for ur reply...

19. Naliworld

You may be missing out on the Bartuc's 9% LL(leech on your off-hand claw does not apply with Kicks). Is your Jade Talon equipped...

1) ...on the left weapon slot(i.e. your main claw slot) on your Inventory Screen(and your Bartuc on the right weapon slot)?

2) ...on the right weapon slot(i.e. your off-hand claw slot) on your Inventory screen(and your Bartuc on the left weapon slot)?

If it's the first case, you're getting the ML from the Jade Talon, but not the LL from the Bartucs.

If it's the second case, you're getting the LL from the Bartucs, but not the ML from the Jade Talon.

It's really a question of which type of leech you need more....

I really can't explain why you're not leeching enough...unless you have a lot of elemental damage on equipment which would greatly increase the listed damage...

20. lesofprimus

OK Nali....

The tucs is equipped on the left side screen, with Jade on the right side screen... Im kinda confused with what u said.....

I tried an experiment last night.. I removed the jade and added another Tucs... Then i added alot of resist charms in my inven to bring the #'s up some... All my resists are all in the 40-50 range now...

Could u explain what u meant concerning the tuc/jade combo and the sides..

Like i said, i have tuc on left, jade on right.. Does that mean that im gettin ML not LL??? Or vicea versa.....

And... Which of the tucs attributes work on it if claw is on the off claw side???

Im all confused hehe...