Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ok, my Ranger hasn't what I'd call a perfect aim. Solutions? der=0

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Teeteto, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Teeteto

Teeteto IncGamers Member

Ok, my Ranger hasn't what I'd call a perfect aim. Solutions?

Well, I'm building a Storm Ranger (Paladin with bow and Holy Shock/Freeze). I'm at lvl 30 and I've just completed the first quest of Act V, so I can create a socket in an item. I've just found the Ranger's Bow, which is a wonderful choice for this build for its IAS. The only problem I have is that something like 1/4 of my arrows miss the target. What do you suggest?

Putting skill points into Blessed Aim would probably help, but I can't use it as active aura of course, and the "passive boost" of this skill isn't that big. Also consider that I'd like to maximize my Holy Shock as soon as possibile (even if at the moment almost every arrow that gets the target kills it, so I don't have an extreme need of increasing the damage).

What about socketing the Ranger's Bow with a Rune Eth? Its "-25% to target's defence" is useful as it sounds? Of course I'd like to use the socket for something else, like a rune with Life Leech, or whatever, but if an Eth is exactly what I need to get almost everything I shoot at, well, awesome!

Finally, do you suggest me to wait? What runes/gems would you put in a Ranger's Bow (consider that I'll use this bow at least until clvl 70, or so).

Thanks everybody, and sorry for my English..

2. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Your best choice would probably to get yourself a Widowmaker and use the Guided Arrow skill from it.

3. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

He's lvl 30 so Widow Maker isn't a choice at the moment. To increase your Chance to Hit, you'll need more AR, which you can get from several sources. One large source is Angelic Ammy/Ring combination. You can also use Hsarus belt/boot combo for more AR. Sigon's Helm and Sigons Gloves for IAS and AR and other stuff.

With those 3 combination, you'll likely have a ton of +AR, which should be plenty with it comes to Act5. Furthermore, lvling further will increase yoru chance of hitting.

4. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Oops! Sorry, I didn't see the level 30 part.

Lyrs has some very nice suggestions, had I paid attention I would've said the same things. Sorry!

5. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Act 2 Blessed Aim Merc.

Cheers,
    *wookie919

6. Fallen Creation

Fallen Creation IncGamers Member

Stop drinking. :buddies:

7. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

Well if u do socket ur bow with an eth rune and later u decide that the eth rune's effectiveness is shot just use the cupe recipe to unsocket the eth out of it. You'll still have the open socket and then u can put w/e new sockable item into it w/o having to worry about that dumb ol' eth ne more :clap: ! Heres a link to the cube recipes which contain other useful recipes as well as the one to unsocket w/e item u put in it:

http://www.diabloii.net/items/horadric-v110.shtml

Just remember this so u dont do what i did: If u use this recipe the item socketed is deleted out of the item u put it in! it is NOT taken out and put into your inventory! (I didnt see this note and wanted to unsocket my 2x ist's outta my baba and trade em... guess how i felt after that :lol: ) Hope this helps you some.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Doesnt weapons with fires explosive arrows or bolts all ways hits? So any weapon with like that should do the trick for you.

9. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hold out till lvl 39 and get a WWS (Witchwild String Short Siege Bow) Test it out and if u love it - upgrade it to a diamond bow :p

10. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Exactly. Get a Kuko or Demon machine. The latter has a fantastic AR boost too.

Edit: Just checked. The Kuko has 50% pierce too. I'd try that.

11. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

the elemental auto hits. the physical part is ar dependant. both have pierce, and as such are great for elemental based rangers. Really, though, the rogues bow is better. an eth rune is a great choice all the way thru hell, as it reduces your ar concerns considerably.

--welt

12. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

a good helm might be a rare with the mod.. 1% ar/lvl.
    and the helm should have some ar too :D.
    Hsauros might help. so will angelics.
    And on the bow i agree with above writer :lol:

13. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

So like the mod all ways hits with explosive arrows only the ele damage done works? Then the phy damage needs ar? So if that is true then brand a bow I all ways wanted. I need a new ideal to how I want to use it?

14. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Doesn't dex add to bow damage? Don't be afraid to put some points there... And I'd recommend getting a Blessed Aim merc.

Also, by the sounds of it, it may be possible that you're lower in level than the monsters you're fighting?

15. ronj

ronj IncGamers Member

Demon limb for enchant would definatly fix your ar problem.

Blessed aim A2 mercenary, although I don't like to rely on mercs.

Or any already suggested combo, angelics, hsaru's etc.

Steel grand charms may help too. They can add up to 120 something to AR, that is considerable is you get all your inventory filled. My zealot uses similar charms. +max dmg/ar/life charms also are nice but somewhat expensive if you don't already have a bunch.