OK, I'm still somewhat of a clueless n00b...

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, I'm still somewhat of a clueless n00b...

...will someone please tell me what the *bleep* "crowbar swings" is? Is that a joking reference to Half-Life?

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Underseer said:
...will someone please tell me what the *bleep* "crowbar swings" is? Is that a joking reference to Half-Life?
I think you say "crowbar swings" in place of Diablo. I think. It's what I gathered, at least.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Next clueless question: what on Earth is the connection between "crowbar swings" and either of those games?

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
Its just funny. Like how trouts are funny. Get with the program man! :bonk:
Bad comparison; trout-smatting is an in-joke on practically every message board in existence. ;)

*SMAT*

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
Its just funny. Like how trouts are funny. Get with the program man! :bonk:
It is not just funny.

In the past a poster named Cryta seemed to take it as a personal insult whenever someone talked about [crowbar swings]. I'm not sure exactly how the crowbar came into it, but it came to be Cryta's prefered weapon against the infidels who got lost on the way to the Community forum. I believe Druf still has a photoshopped picture on the faces page which commemorates Cryta's anti-[crowbar swings] crowbar wielding.

Edit: I was right. Under "other pics" on the OTF faces page click on "Mighty Crowbar!" Note the name of the file in your address bar.

tarnok said:
It is not just funny.

In the past a poster named Cryta seemed to take it as a personal insult whenever someone talked about [crowbar swings]. I'm not sure exactly how the crowbar came into it, but it came to be Cryta's prefered weapon against the infidels who got lost on the way to the Community forum. I believe Druf still has a photoshopped picture on the faces page which commemorates Cryta's anti-[crowbar swings] crowbar wielding.

Edit: I was right. Under "other pics" on the OTF faces page click on "Mighty Crowbar!" Note the name of the file in your address bar.

so thats what that picture is supposed to be.

iq144

Diabloii.Net Member
Half life? What is thise halfe LiFe n00b? I nly playe counter--striiikie. n00b. hahhahhaha omg u sux.

And you mentioned the game which shall not be mentioned...

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
Just too burst a bubble here, isent the troutsmacking a ripoff from mIRC? The slap thing in it is default "with a trout".

Not that anyone said anything else :)

Its funny tho . . .

Anakha1

Banned
I recall mirc having slappage with a fish, but I brought the wonder of the Trout to the OTF. And no forum has ever brought up anything as mighty as the Tactical Assault Trout. I have created forum history! Muahahahahahaha!

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
The tactical assault trout was a true forum innovation.

I'm currently working on a tactical heavy assault model, with active counter measures. It'll be a crew served weapon.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
The mere thought of the Tactical Assault Trout (TAT) strikes fear into the hearts of all those who would otherwise defile our fine forum with the mentioning of [CROWBAR SWINGS] .

Of course, we have many other fine modern-age weapons to bring to bear as well. :D