Ok, I hate to ask but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinfernox

Diabloii.Net Member
Another question

Ok so I hear a lot on the forum about upped items, and most of them are uniques. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of way to upgrade uniques that I don't know about. Anyone care to share this secret with me? Thanks
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Usually you need to go through some ritual to get these secrets, but we'll let you slide this time :D

Seriously though, the cube recipes are:
1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon

Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor

These next two can only be done in ladder or single player.
1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor
Now, it's important to remember that only the base item is upgraded. If you used the first formula on a Rixot's Keen (short sword unique), it won't become a Bloodletter (Gladius unique). Instead, it'll still be a Rixot's Keen, but it'll be a Gladius instead of a short sword.

These recipes were taken from Arreat Summit, which has other info about the cube if you want to check it out sometime. :thumbsup:
 

xinfernox

Diabloii.Net Member
Orphan said:
Usually you need to go through some ritual to get these secrets, but we'll let you slide this time :D

Seriously though, the cube recipes are:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon

Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor


These next two can only be done in ladder or single player.

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor

Now, it's important to remember that only the base item is upgraded. If you used the first formula on a Rixot's Keen (short sword unique), it won't become a Bloodletter (Gladius unique). Instead, it'll still be a Rixot's Keen, but it'll be a Gladius instead of a short sword.

These recipes were taken from Arreat Summit, which has other info about the cube if you want to check it out sometime. :thumbsup:
So what does this do for the stats? Honestly I know it changes the type of item, but what is the benefit of upgrading.

And thanks for the help everyone.
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
xinfernox said:
So what does this do for the stats? Honestly I know it changes the type of item, but what is the benefit of upgrading.

And thanks for the help everyone.
It doesn't change the stats at all. It just gives the item more defence or damage. For example, a rixot's keen has 100% enhanced damage, and +5 to min damage, which on a short sword increases the weapons damage from 2-7, to 9-14. If it was upgraded to a gladius, the base weapon's damage is now 8-22, which means the total damage would be 21-44 (better than a short sword). Keep in mind this also increases the strength/dexterity requirements, and also the level requirements.

Another bonus is with belts. A goldwrap only has a small number of potion slots, since it is just a heavy belt. If it was upgraded, it would become a battle belt and have the maximum potion slots.

Mostly, it's used if you want to take a good normal or exceptional unique (like the Ribcracker) and make it do more damage, or get more defence.

Edit: The Butcher's Pupil also isn't too bad of a weapon to upgrade.
 

xinfernox

Diabloii.Net Member
Orphan said:
It doesn't change the stats at all. It just gives the item more defence or damage. For example, a rixot's keen has 100% enhanced damage, and +5 to min damage, which on a short sword increases the weapons damage from 2-7, to 9-14. If it was upgraded to a gladius, the base weapon's damage is now 8-22, which means the total damage would be 21-44 (better than a short sword). Keep in mind this also increases the strength/dexterity requirements, and also the level requirements.

Another bonus is with belts. A goldwrap only has a small number of potion slots, since it is just a heavy belt. If it was upgraded, it would become a battle belt and have the maximum potion slots.

Mostly, it's used if you want to take a good normal or exceptional unique (like the Ribcracker) and make it do more damage, or get more defence.

Edit: The Butcher's Pupil also isn't too bad of a weapon to upgrade.
Thanks, once again very helpful. I am going to upgrade my Chance Gaurds and my Goldwrap as soon as I get a few more runes.
 

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Most games, unlike Blizzard games, does not have an Official site that spills all the details. (there are fan sites and such) Their Official site just talks about the game somewhat and advertise them. I guess that's why many new comers to the game don't know about Arreat Summit, the (probably only) Official site which have this amount of detail. Ever seen the FFX Official site saying about Sin's specific attacks, or how to use Rikku's mix properly so that you can always do 9999 damage?

Of course, godly items are easier to get in those FF games (don't know about XI), since there is no such thing as random godly drops. And you can't MF Seymour. :lol:
 

Gorny

Banned
Please limit threads on the same subject to one thread only.

Creating more threads on the same exact subject is spamming, and it makes us mods not so happy, as well as being against the forum rules...please read them over.

Thread closed .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top