Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ok i finally got hacked.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Bladewind, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Ok i finally got hacked.

Just managed to log in back to my account. Both were recoverable, items gone but I am glad my guys are not deleted. Especially for account *Bladewinder since its the account that started it all.

USWEST

1)Account: *Bladewinder

Item losses:

Chains of Honor, 2 15 dr dungos, Perfect Wire fleece nigma, 2 zon torches,1 dtorch, 19/17 storch, Full Tal set, Azurewrath perf, +397 Grief pb, perfect def (15%) and life and resist Fort Archon, Umed 195% HoZ, perfect Draculs, Last Wish phase blade, 5/6/2 CtA, 200 ED Gore Rider (UPPED), (effectively killing my ladder 1 pt smiter) 2 other Enigmas 1 Eth Death Cleaver, 1 eth Arkaines Valor.

Chars affected:
    Bladewind:Smealot (Hurt by the loss of CoH and Dungos, but still kicking, Stormlash is teh godly !)

Bladewinder:Fanatic Zealot (Effectively dead, he would have being more dead if the Guil face and Spirit Rondache got jacked)

Missy_blade:MeteorOrb (Tal sorc without a tal set. Dead, culled or whatever loss of 19/17 storch can't help but make me feel worse as well)

Bladewinters:Windy Druid (Loss of Nigma dungos & dtorch,down but not out)

Flying_Javs: Javazon (Loss of zon torch and nigma, well she did well enough even without those so she is hardly out !)

Bladed_mule: Windforce bower (A mule, her real loss is only a zon torch, still surprised that the WF is still here)

Estimated loss: 40++ hrs but not more than 50. To some that is little but for a weekend player...it hurts.. alot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Account: *Bladeswinger

Item losses: 15/1/3 Faith GMB, rolled myself. Less than perfect archon Fortitude. Sin torch.

Chars affected:
    Bladetrapper: Trapasins (no torch but big deal ! She is still fine)

Arrow Spammage: Faith bowazon (Loss of Faith and Fortitude, ouchies, at least the IAS gear is still intact, time to hunt for another bow i guess.)

Estimated loss: 8 hrs at most.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Net Loss: 50+ hrs

*take a deep breathe*. That will take me quite sometime to get back on track again but hey not all is lost.

Of course if you guys wanna help me, i don't mind just that I can no longer do free rushes for those guys out there who need it.... :laugh:

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Srry for all of your losses, but dont worry, your fellow USW player with hlp ya out.
    Im always happy to hlp, ive been hacked and know whats its like.
    My 40/342 Greif Pb is rotting away in that mule and i see that youve lost a Grief pb, i can give it to you.
    *Sawubona when youve got time.

3. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Sorry for all those losses of gears...

4. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

did you figure out how your account was hacked??

5. BLOK45

BLOK45 IncGamers Member

I'd also like to know how those hacks work.

6. Bladewind

I deduce the hacker is someone who is tracking me on diabloii.net.

The hacker must have knew that I have 2 primary accounts (since i use this 2accounts to trade the most), thus he was able to cripple me pretty badly by hacking this 2 and making of with my goods. What he does not know is that i have another 2 accounts, 1 L mfing account and 1 NL mule account that has 8 full NL mules filled with decent but not elite stuff.

Well those 2 are going to be remain hidden from public eye view for now. Its now kinda worrisome that even would be hackers are now masquerading as diabloii.net members and looking for diabloii.net members to hack ! Ahtaihuman was one of the victims and i am sure he lost FAAAR more than i did.

So this tell us that we have to be vigilant at all times.

7. BLOK45

BLOK45 IncGamers Member

Sorry about your loss. But I still don't get it how he did it. Did he use some hack or he guessed your password because it was simple? If he used a hack then there probably isn't a way of avoiding getting robbed. :(

8. Bladewind

My passwords for both my accounts were different and are both 8 digit numbers.

I have not touched any Maphack, bots or whatsoever since i restarted last year thus i doubt its a keylogger. Guess he must have being tracking me for a long time.

9. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 IncGamers Member

probably used a keylogger of some sort or something similar. got any email from a uknown person and you opened or something? Altho he must have been experienced in such stuff as he knew what to take and what to leave really. as i understood it he just took the stuff that is worth some big cash. hrs+

10. Bladewind

Probably ain't me who opened the mails, i only touch the computers on Fridays and weekends. Guess it might be my sister. Anyway i am on leave until Tuesday, so I probably spend the week figuring this out.

11. rata

rata IncGamers Member

Sorry for your loss, it is definitely tough to accumulate all that stuff you metioned; however, if you used some random digits it likely is a key logger. It may not necessarily be from an email, but could have come by visiting different sites. i suggest u scan ur computer to make sure it's clean.

12. Bladewind

yep i got spybot s&d running as I type.

13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

US West you say? Strange...many people have gotten their accounts stolen there recently.

14. Bladewind

yeah its on west.

15. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

Well Posting all the account names and the type of Highend gear you have on a site like this would make you a target.
    Make a trade mule only account and user it for tradeing - if they hack it they get zip.
    Also resist the tempation to tell people the other account names in posts here, and list all the uber stuff you have.
    Numbers only passwords are VERY insecure, use mixed case numbers and symbols

16. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

How similar are the passwords for these 2 BNET accounts to your diabloii.net or RPG Traders passwords??

17. Bladewind

Completely different. My Bnet passes and diabloii.net passes are never similar.

Anyway after a full scan with Spybot and Adware shows that my system is clean. Guess he got lucky after all.

18. Kaisies

Kaisies IncGamers Member

how secure is your password for your e-mail attached to the accts? (and is that the same as a forum PW) hacker gets ur e-mail acct PW, sends ur acct pw to it, and there ya go..

19. Bladewind

If they had my email acc pass, they might as well turn the whole account to themselves by changing the email the accounts are tagged to..

20. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Tell me you don't use your date of birth as a password.
    Edit: I don't think you're an idiot, but you have to ask ....:rolleyes: