Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ok druid build? Why 1 pt on Raven?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by graal, Sep 25, 2006.

1. graal

graal IncGamers Member

Ok druid build? Why 1 pt on Raven?

1. Why does people advice to put 1 skillpoint on Raven when playing for example wolf-druids?

2. would this Druid be ok (not godly but fun and playable in hell). Is rabies any good? Cant seem to get that much dmg on it.

~5 Werewolf
    ~15 Lyco
    20 rabies
    20 fury

20 psn creeper
    ~15 oak sage

Cheap equipment im thinking:
    Ik maul, gloves, belt, boots.
    Some runeword armor or perhaps a duriels or something.
    Jalals mane
    Raven Frost ring

would be 65% increased attack speed (how many shaels for breakpoint?)
    10 % lifeleech before jewelry from gloves
    35-40% Crushing blow
    enough life ?
    Will attack rating be a problem?

Thoughts?

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

1) Always summon 5 ravens when going into a duel, they force players into a block lock and blind enemies for crowd control. You can't block and attack at the same time ^^

2) IK +Jalals rapes in hell, I tried it with my fury wolf and I likey ^^ You basically get all the bare necessities for killing/tanking:

I suggest u get the IK armor though too--this is all the other stuff u'd get with the full 5 set (keep Jalals though):

Armor
    Defense: 1001 (Base Defense: 487-600)
    Defense: 1301 (Base Defense: 487-600)
    Required Level: 76
    Required Strength: 232
    Durability: 60
    +400 Defense
    5% Chance To Cast Level 5 Enchant When Struck
    Poison Resist +50%
    +2 To Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
    +25% Faster Hit Recovery (2 Items)
    Cold Resist +40% (3 Items)
    Fire Resist +40% (4 Items)
    Lightning Resist +40% (5 Items)

also...
    Damage Reduced By 20% (5 Items)
    +204 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds (5 Items)
    10% Mana Stolen Per Hit (5 Items)
    Half Freeze Duration (5 Items) <--not needed, but yeah

3. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, keep your dext a bare minimum for attack rating, since u dont need block just rely on a fast hit recovery k. Don't worry about defense since its pointless 'cause wolfs will never have great def--its pointless, that's all.

Hopefully u have or can get a cheap anni/torch and use some basic math to keep your strength at bare minimum for armor. Keep dexterity very low, only need just a nub of it. Vitality everything else.

Expensive way:
    Highlords/2ravenfrosts
    cheaper:
    anghellic ammy/ring, ravenfrost (what I used)

IK Fury is generally best fit for a standard fury druid and it handles ubers/bosses really well. Honestly, Rabies isn't gonna be great with the set... u might pull off a descent ~14k rabies and maybe later get dweb/monarch for the switch trick to make it work, but I'da almost not bothered with rabies in that build imo.

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Double shealing the ik mual will give you a 5fps fury. Also a shealed windhammer will have a 5fps fury, and double shealed bonehew. Also know that if you use Oias, increased attack speed thats not from your weapon or skill based. Will not effect your attack speed, basicly. I say that you shouldnt use the ik armor. Infact use a treachery, smoke, lionheart, or some other armor with high resist all. Sheal your jalals for the 50% hit recovery but know that you only need 42% or 86%fhr, fasterhitrecovery. The disapuls full set is a great set for people who are poor and need items that are able to be used in hell effectivly. It comes with everything you could ever want but the duel leech. And you dont even need the mana that badly. And feral rage gives you enough life leech. But if you want to forget about eather. Get 1 point in hunger.

5. graal

graal IncGamers Member

I'm not thinking PvP at all with this, just wasting time until ladder reset, But you say that the birds blind enemies?
    IK-armor is too expensive.
    So what i get out is: Max resists, get FHR, dont mind dexterity.
    Would a pure fury be better off? sounds kind of boring, Rabies is fun (but still low dmg) And what would i put my skillpoints in.

20 Fury
    ~10 Werewolf
    20 Lyco
    20 Oak
    5 various
    ?

6. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Yes the have a chance based on your lvl, slvl in Raven and targets lvl. I read some where that base chance to blind is 30% and every value above moves it 5% up or down. So 1 slvl 1 raven will have a chance to blind at 30% at each attack at same lvl, and the five ravens you have at lvl 15 has 100%!

Not sure my math is correct and dont recall wich articel but yes Raven is an ok skill.