Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ohio State at Texas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PatMaGroin, Sep 10, 2006.

1. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Ohio State at Texas

Starts in a few minutes, I'm watching in HD at my friend's, its beautiful...

First #1 vs #2 in the regular season in 10 years, and the two unknowns in this game are Texas QB Colt McCoy and Ohio State's defense. The outcome of the game will most likely come down to these two factors (not to mention Texas is missing starting DB Tarrell Brown).

Ah, its starting now, I shall return...

*Waits for AJ...*

2. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Curse ohio state and their mockery. NIU scored on them fair and square! sure it was a blow out, but we never expected to win.

I would have liked to have done a bit better though, no lie.

3. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla IncGamers Member

Looks like Texas is gonna lose. I was actually pulling for them tonight. UNT over SMU, though. :grin:

4. PatMaGroin

Yep, seems as if Texas is a bit outmatched tonight. OSU's defense is doing a good job of not letting JC or Selvin have a gamebreaking run, while Gonzales is shredding our secondary with the focus on Ginn. Colt McCoy hasn't looked bad, if it weren't for a few dropped passes, his stats would be much better.

That Laurenitais (sp?) guy is a monster, I didn't think anoyone would be able to step up to replace Hawk and Carpenter, but he's doin a hell of a job.

Good game OSU and Jim Tressel.

I'm gonna predict here that a team with one loss makes it to the National Title game this year, and no I don't necessarilly mean Texas.

5. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

The only thing worse is I'm in Austin and my cable is on the blink!!!

My cable never went out before and at 6:45 PM, 15 minutes before the game starts, it goes out!!!

What the hell did I do to deserve this??????

6. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Guido from the cable mafia called. They didn't get the pics of your daughter.

7. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

Yeah that was pretty much a domination on OSU's part. I actually expected a closer game, and I guess it would have been if Pittman hadn't fumbled on the goalline (a 14 point swing always hurts). But you're right, PMG, McCoy looked impressive to me, considering his second start was against the #1 ranked team in the nation. Ah well, at least Texas will get to take out their frustrations on Rice next week!

8. PatMaGroin

Poor little Owlies.

Rob, I'm guessin you were at the game, so you didn't get to hear one of the announcers say McCoy looks like a 12-13 year old inside that helmet. Everyone else was thinkin it, but to say it on national television, ouch.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well I don't have internet at home otherwise I would have been all over this thread. I was surprised that OSU played so well and that Texas didn't rack up more points. I thought it would have been a closer game. Gonzales was really tearing it up out there. He's always been the unsung hero for OSU, behind Ginn. Ginn honestly hasn't put up very good numbers in his past couple of games yet he still gets all the attention.

The thing that saddens me the most is we no longer have an awesome kicker. :( But our punter still kicks major ***. I've actually seen him out on the practice field and it's just sick. I liked that there seemed to be a good deal of respect between OSU and Texas. If Texas hadn't beaten USC last year, we'd probably hate you guys a whole lot more.

10. PatMaGroin

I was also surprised at how good OSU looked. Texas didn't look bad necessarilly, except we couldn't cover Gonzales. Tarrell Brown's absence hurt us. Speakin of, the next time I hear an SC anchor say that Aaron Ross was 'trying to fill in for Brown'... Ross was our best cover corner and our speed guy on defense, and he would've been on Ginn with Brown there anyway. But Brown would've shored up the other side, with Gonzales.

I'm expecting big things from the Buckeyes after this game, Troy Smith was amazing.

11. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I think it's funny how everyone talks about Troy Smith being this great running quarterback, and comparing him to Vince young when Smith is all arm. Sure he can scramble every now and then - and do it pretty decently against the teams that open themselves up for it. But he is one hell of a straight-up passer. He's the kind of guy the NFL will gobble up, although at 6'1" he's a little short nowadays.

12. PatMaGroin

Yeah that's true. I wonder if he'd play QB in the NFL, or if they would move him to WR like with Michael Robinson from Penn State. But then again, Robinson played RB for 3 years.

13. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

There was little doubt that the best team on the field last night was Ohio State. OSU's TD in a successful two minute drill just before halftime stole the momentum away from Texas and it was never regained.

It is clear that without their general (QB Vince Young) Texas is not the same team.

14. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

That OSU QB is a stud. What an arm.

That being said. I didn't think that OSU would have scored so many points on Texas considering the return of the Texas defensive line. But then, I think this Texas is fielding completely new safeties and corners.

And I wasn't surprise to Texas' struggle to score. Once I saw Texas ran the option, I knew they've a problem with their QB. Let's face it. Young carried them last year. It must have been fun to change the offensive line from shotgun into an option-oriented offense.

15. PatMaGroin

The safteies are new yes, but they both saw a lot of play time last year. The corners, on the other hand, are not green at all, but we were missing one of the starters.

Yeah, Young carried em last year. But they're running the exact same offense as they were last year, its just that Colt doesn't have the confidence to keep it on the zone reads to keep the defense honest. The offense was based on a zone read option with VY there, and they ran that quite a few times tonight. Texas isn't a straight up option team, in the typical QB sweep and pitch sense, but they do love their zone reads.