Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh well that's just GREAT

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Starseed, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Oh well that's just GREAT

Psh I'm tired of only being able to run crypt/maus with my craptacular sorc while you all get to have the REAL fun! I'm gonna go make me a Hammerdin and then Starseed will have his COMEUPPANCE!

*Grabs Steelclash he just found and storms off to D2*

But seriously.. I hear Hammys are really good for MFin'. Did I just waste like a week and a half on this sorc when I could have been breezin' along with my ol' pal Nonstopviolence? (my pally, if you couldn't guess)..

2. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Sorceress works just fine. Hammerdins are great too. The advantage of the Hammerdin is basically nothing (important) is immune to magic damage, which is what the hammers deal.

3. Starseed

My problem with my sorc (meteorb) is that the fire skills are too clunky & slow, but way more powerful than orb (which is what I use mainly) so it's really slow going; not to mention she gets killed by just about anything with a few whacks, since her gear sacrifices def. for MF...

I'm aiming for an MFer than can pretty much tear it up (or at least, go at a faster pace than my sorc).

I'm working on a Spearazon, so a lot of the things she needs come from MFing, which means more or less until I get stuff for her to reach the next plateau, so-to-speak, there isn't too much I can do with her.

4. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

yup.. my hammerdin ownz. i dont even know why i have a mf sorc anymore. she is SLOW. kills SLOW. has problems with immune monsters. my hammerdin BLAZES threw pits IN FULL GAMES. i can even do diablo runs in hell with a full game. sorc's just flat out suck compared to hammerdins. :)

5. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

For a reasonable setup (NO ENIGNA or other duped runewords) a sorc would be a better choice than hammerdin - at least can do bootstrapping, can can kill fast at least in 2-3 player games(a few munutes for pit runs and 1 minute for meph, for example). And she can be very sturdy too if you do it right. My MF sorc can tele baal without BO and MH (no, no boring tal set). But you don't have to be able to do that to be an efficient MFer.

6. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

all i know is i started doinf pit runs with skulders shako wizpsike herald 2 sojs maras silkweave and frosties (dont ask, it took me a while to realize how % mana had been nerfed).

now i got me a shiny enigma and im doing meph/pit runs

hammerdins are great for mf, they can kill anything in the game except for a wailing beast (and honestly how many of those do you see?) plus they make great clone hunters!

7. Starseed

Yes! That's what I'm talking about exactly. I wanna be able to just run through, then walk around when I'm done and poke around at what dropped. With my sorc it's: hit, run away, pot, run further away, hit, pot, miss, keep running, ouchouchouch die. >.<

I just need to find a good balance of def+MF for ol' Pallyboy.