Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh the woes of D2...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ChumpChimp, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ChumpChimp

ChumpChimp IncGamers Member

Oh the woes of D2...

Well....this is my first post and an unfortunate one. I've played DII since it came out on classic and would be off and on a points, but always had the same acct. I've been devoted, and started coming here too. However, I met a person and played a number of games with them over several months and recently trusted them with my pw. Big surprise? Guess most people on the game are quite low and teaches me to be untrusting to every1. I mean, I didn't lose a whole ton...HoZ, couple shakos, gazes, shafts, skulders....etc...but the thing is, this was my only acct EVER and it was years of work, except when i would loot my acct to give to starters when I thought I was quitting. How foolish of me. Well, I don't want pity because it was a foolish mistake to trust anyone, but I would like advice on ways to get it back if possible. Also, I did not use the email registration due to the bug a couple months ago....So, now I'm up the river without a paddle.

Thanks for listening,
    Chump (*Bojangles-2000)

2. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Sorry about your luck. There's nothing you can do, really, as I don't think Blizzard will believe you. :-\

But, look on the bright side. Now you get to start over. It's fun and envigorating being able to start from scratch. Create a Blizz Sorc and off you go =P

3. ChumpChimp

Ya...guess I might have to resort to making a mediocre magic find hammerdin...just cant stand sorcs ne more for the time being. But the thing that angers me is that the acct just has alotta memories with it, don't care a ton about the items, although they would be nice to have back. I just miss the name since its almost a part of me. Bah, I already miss my acct....its vintage=/

Thanks,
    Chump (R.I.P. *Bojangles-2000)

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless you know the person personally in real life (so you can beat their face in with a chair or something if they steal your account) NEVER give your password to anyone on b.net

5. alexisonfire

alexisonfire IncGamers Member

speaking of the woes of D2, I must share my recent mishap. I was in the market to trade for an enigma. a guy came into the game, and i showed him stuff. he said he would do it for my CoH and a lidless. i shouldve known something was up right there, but after countless rejections i was alleviated. it was a wyrmhide enigma and i put all the gear on the trade window and moused over the item one more time, still enigma. hit trade, and i got some magical wyrmhide armor, no enigma. i firgue it must have been that tradehack module that switches an item when you go to trade, since the trade button would have turned red if he manually switched. ahhhhh. as im not super super rich, im left without an armor at all now. makes me want to quit D2, but i prolly wont...sorry just had to vent, seeing as this is OT anyways...

*xfairweatherx to give me some love on useast :rant:

6. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

That sucks, :/, I remember the first time I got scammed. If I tell you I got a pemerald socketed cap, you probably know what happened. :cheesy:

Waterwings(& Other Poolside Fashion Faux)

7. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Tell blizz your account was stolen, really, it should work. They might have taken your stuff and left the acc to rot, or if you're lucky, they have lots of great stuff on it when you get it back.

I've actually heard of people who do these kinds of things on purpose to milk scammers.

8. alexisonfire

counterparts and number them :thumbsup:

9. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

Its pathetic when you befriend somebody and then steal off them when you have a chance. That is horrible, betrayal is the worst form of evil possible. If you are looking for a real friend send me a message and we'll play a game sometime. I play HC though, on useast ladder currently. *hashmalum

10. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

I hear ya, I dont trust anyone on D2 basically with my pw

11. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

Although I trust certain friends with just about any items, I wouldnt give anyone my pass. Only two people I ever gave my pass to, were Bnet friends of years. And we all went on eachothers accounts.

12. ChumpChimp

Yes...thanks for the input. I'll try emailing Blizz and getting it back and whispering the guy for my pw. But, if in the (likely) case it doesn't get given back, maybe I'll just create a new acct. Maybe its time I am happy when I find a suicide branch for my pally=)... Oh, well, a mf hammerdin might just be in the works.

Thanks again,
    Chump (R.I.P *Bojangles-2000)

13. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Pulmonery Archery

14. alexisonfire

44 caliber love letter :yep:

15. ChumpChimp

Hmm...I think I might just make a new hammerdin on USEast SCL. If ne happens to have an extra spectral shard, or suicide branch, wizzy or low vipermagi, I would love it if you could loan it until I mf some decent stuff.

Thanks,
    Chump

16. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

Same thing happend to my friend, he traded some stuff for an ss but the other dude was using a hack, so it turned out to b a majic monarch instad of a ss... ne way, if you got jacked just msg one of these accs *evillost, *silvana, *truekiller. they are from clan adia, we and a couple other ppl are the only ppl who are not so low and back stabbing, we dont steal, we help, and we do a bit of clan duels sometimes, but note if you c them die in pk, they are pvm ne way.... but once i make my 2 new palis, i have advice 4 every1 who steps in my way, who steals from me, steals from our members, from even some 1 we dont know, to watch their back, cuz i will b that person with a e botd ready to make that hack right on his head... you can call us "guardian angels" because we do good on bnet not bad, so msg one of those accs and we can get u recruited, we hand out frees all the time for players, and help you out with ur char builds, just dont ask truekiller and silvana, ask me about that lol. so go ahead and join, we are west scnl.
    oh, im evillost btw, you prolly got confused when i said ask "me" well peace out!!! :yep: :worship: :clap: :thumbsup:

17. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I see your love letter and raise you a Jubella

18. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Polaroids of Polar Bears!!! :buddies:

19. ChumpChimp

Well, its been a few days...chances are dwindling. So, I created my new acct, RIP-Bojangles. This has allowed me to look back and realize that D2 society can be corrupt. My hammerdin, HammerHelper, will maybe be my only char on this acct....but a testament to purity he will be! I think I'll mf with him and ne thing that I can't trade for equip, or equip I don't need shall be given to the unfortunate. A little Robin Hood-esque... Hopefully, it will work out and Ill have nice stuff so I can mf for the poor.
    :thumbsup:
    Chump (*RIP-Bojangles)

20. drunkoncheese

drunkoncheese IncGamers Member

Chump, add *drunkoncheese to your /f list and I'll hook you up with some stuff :)

Maybe I'll even run around you with my new Pally I'm making soon.

Just give me a holler.

*drunkoncheese