Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh, The Places We'll Go!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Paladuck, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Oh, The Places We'll Go!

One thing I really enjoyed about Diablo II is that Act I was a Rogue camp, one of the homes of our beloved Diablo characters. And then in the expansion we got to go to Harrogath, home of the Barbarians.

Whatever classes they end up phasing out of Diablo III, I'm willing to bet that we'll see Paladinland, Sorceressville, Amazonia, Necrotown, or some other hometown of our favorite classes (Ok, so I forgot the backstory of each class).

What town would you like to see? I for one would like to see the Amazon's home turf. It'd be pretty cool to fight alongside some NPC zons. Plus they're all babes.

2. DeadorK

DeadorK IncGamers Member

Re: Oh, The Places We'll Go!

I'm pretty sure Necrotown would be pretty interesting. After all, they're all about dark arts and hovering stair cases and...bones. Also isn't Paladinland Kurast?

3. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

The D2 Paladin belongs to the "Knights of Westmarch," which I think is a sect of Paladins that broke off from the Kurast folks and did their own thing.

4. J Cash

J Cash IncGamers Member

i always thought that assasins were from kurast, anyone remember Natalya? what was the deal with here anyway? i were always curious to here her stories but she just vanished.

5. DeadorK

DeadorK IncGamers Member

Natalya was a rogue wasn't she.

6. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Natalya was an assassin. I think some of her monologue was cut, though; she is an incomplete character.

7. Sein Schatten

Sein Schatten IncGamers Member

The assassines hometown would be cool. No demon could enter it with all the traps around and during the battle the populace would double with all the shadows. :D

8. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

I think that would be very neat to visit the towns that the old characters were from, or even towns the new chars are from...

9. Tsumaru

Tsumaru IncGamers Member

I don't think every class can have a homeland. A necro homeland probably wouldn't happen, since I suspect there is no specific necromancer race/nationality and it is more of just a life decision that any random person could come up with. Same as the sorceress. And they're all independant of each other, not part of a big group like the Rogues.

That having been said, I loved playing as Barbarian and then returning to the motherland, so to speak. I also enjoyed the unique introductions and convos you got depending on class. They weren't huge; often only minor changes - but it made everything feel a bit more personal.

As for Natalya - she was from some mysterious "Order" (I think Cain gives a name in one of the Gossip dialogues, but I can't remember it) who hunt down traitor mages. We don't know why she was in Kurast, but she was 'awaiting orders' as to what to do. I think she mentions that she had been keeping an eye on Ormus. Whatever the case, she may or may not be an assassin - but Kurast certainly isn't her hometown.

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Doesn't Natalya disappear after you kill Meph?

It would be cool to visit other towns. What do we know about Caldeum and New Tristram, the only two locations divulged so far?

Caldeum was a trade city, similar to Lut Gholein, in my opinion. It was a trade city that was partially devastated by the people of Kurast who fled during Diablo 2, and moved there and started taking over. We do not yet know who lives in Caldeum, besides traders.

New Tristram also does not have much of a history. It sprung up to serve as a trading post.

I am sure there will be other locations announced and I do hope that they are homelands of characters we are familiar with or even those we are not.

11. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Natalya doesn't show up after you kill meph. Unless she does in town, haven't checked that.

12. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

My guess is the water city is the home of the assasins....unless it is like the sorc and necro and is a life choice and not a race

13. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

She is in town at the beginning of act 3. But I think she disappears later.

14. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

I'll have to go through act 3 again on a new char. I never noticed this. Just something I have to try lol.

15. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Natalya is in town when you arrive, she vanishes and is replaced by a fire when you kill Meph. She is an assassin. She says she's from an order that hunts corrupt mages, which is exactly the same as the back story listed for the assassin in LOD. Her graphic is the same as an assassin, but she has a little cape. There you go.

16. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

The amazons come from the Amazon Islands; you can read about it on Areat Summit where the magic arrow description describes an assult on their homeland by pirates. And the necros are all from some bog swamp full of mist. Typical.

I think it is very likely we will be able to visit most of their homes since in d3 we will get to explore many parts of sanctuary. I hope they were all wiped out though, except for amazons.

17. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

i heard that if you have a character who hasn't defeated mephisto in the game in town when someone else defeats mephisto, you get a hidden dialogue from natalya about chasing baal or something. something about blizzard decided not to include in in the game at the last second. i haven't tried it to find out.

18. snugglson

snugglson IncGamers Member

the rogues didnt necessarily have a "hometown" per se, they had a monastery. i could easily see some sort of headquarters for assassins and necromancers in the same vein as the monastery.