Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OH! The Pain!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Aegon, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

OH! The Pain!

Alright...I've just gotten to Diablo in Hell difficulty for the very first time ( :clap: ). Things are rough, because I have so many stat points unassigned, but it's a total rush having to be tricksy against the enemies there. I managed to clear the Chaos Sanctuary and take down the Vizier of Chaos, but the good times ground to a halt when I popped the north seal, and had to face De Seis and his cronies...

The Chaos Knights went down easily, but then I saw that the big man was (takes a deep breath) Extra Strong, Extra Fast, Mana Burn, Stone Skin, Aura Enchanted (Holy Freeze), Immune to Fire, and Immune to Cold.

Eep.

I'm runnning a Meteorb sorceress, so all I could do was Static him down to half and Pray my merc was up to the task, but he wasn't. The combination of Decrepify and the Holy Freeze was as painful to watch as it was to fight against. I tried wading in to help with my Tal Rasha's orb (bad idea), I tried poison to stop his regeneration, I even stooped to buying a staff that gave plusses to Lightning, but that didn't even budge his life-bar.

Oh well, I thought, It was bound to happen eventually. I gave up and made another game. Only to have it happen again. AGAIN. I was desperate enough to pop over to the Chat Window to try to get some help, only to be shouted at by a yapping chorus of pimply 15-year-olds. (what exactly IS a N00blete, anyway?) I gave up in disgust, vowing never to play diablo again (that night).

Here's the thing: Does De Seis always have those Mods? It was pretty shocking to see the Worst Case Scenario(tm) twice back-to-back. If he's always like that, how does a Meteorb sorceress take him out?

I'm sorry for the long post, but it's really hard to be stuck in a hole that simple skill can't extricate me from. Can you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance :wave:

2. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

your merc should be able to take him out.

3. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Try telekinesis

I don't think he always spawn with those mods. Try again :)

Also, try telekinesis on him, which may or may not work. It's not the negligible damage that you are trying to do with it, it's the knockback that will help your merc to kill him faster. I've watched my merc dance with an immune monster for a long time, then as soon as I start TKing the monster dropped like a fly. I'm not sure why that is.

Also, I've noticed that some monsters seem to be immune to TK while others are not (not tied to lightning immune). Perhaps it is dependent on monster level (or vs your level)...

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

kuza makes a good point, but does so in a less good way. try finding better equip for your merc. (lots of dmg + LL) that combined with TKing him should kill him off. the thing i've noticed with TK is that most normal monsters have HORRIBLE stun recovery rates. TK in pvp is not near as effective as it is versus normal monsters.

i agree with chubbypuppy on the mods. i don't think he always gets those mods. all mages get cold immune. the immunity to fire could be random.

5. chubbypuppy

Stun recovery...

Do monsters (and characters) take more damage when they are stunned? That could explain the huge damage difference when I TK monsters and my merc whacks on them.

6. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help, but I really don't see how my merc could do better. He's armed with a "Pierre Tombale Couante" (sp?), which is the best polearm-class weapon I've found. He also has a "Steelskull", which gives him an OK leech percentage, but the biggest problem was the Holy Freeze + Decrepify combo, which meant the damage dealt to DeSeis was overtaken completely by the monsters regeneration rate.

I didn't think about using TK as an offensive weapon..(wonder why :lol: ) I'll give it a shot.

On a related note...what Polearm would you recommend? (please nothing silly like "Breath of the Dying", even though I just found a Vex...) I'm not dirt poor, and have taken to doing Pit runs with 250% MF, but I haven't seen a hell of a lot yet. *Crosses fingers*

Thanks, and happy hunting.

7. pedro11

pedro11 IncGamers Member

these are some easy to find and cheap choices, you can try a Kelpie Snare, the Slows Target by 75% added to a HF merc slows everything to a crawl. Husoldal Evo has PMH, Bonehew has PHM w 2 sockets (my merc uses this socketed with shael/shael for an insanely fast attack)

8. chubbypuppy

Merc weapon

My favorite is the Reaper's Toll socketed with Amn. The decrepify on it triggers very fast, and the additional life leech keeps my merc happy.

9. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

If you had other characters to bring in, that could be a solution. Whenever I have teouble with my Meteorb or Chainorb or blizzie, I bring in the heavy hitters such as my Zon, Sin or my Nec. Solves a multitude of sins to be able to bring in backup when you need to.

-X