Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OH noes xferers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by newerest, Apr 1, 2005.

1. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

OH noes xferers

Ok...this is starting to piss me off, I stay in a game for 5 minutes talking to cain....drop some items...and leave...apparetly to fast....I get tempted....this is [email protected]%!%[email protected]$%! gay for blizzard to do.

Since all hackers/dupers/boters will be affected by this...

ugh sorry i'm just really pissed

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, there are 3 ways to solve this.

1) never mule alone, if you can, invite a friend (or a forum member), and even better, let him hold items incase you get a disconnection/realmdown

2) if you must mule alone, take a chronowatch, and wait 6 minutes to be sure

3) this is my personal favorite, if you're in a hurry, make game, drop items, immediatelly leave, wait a few seconds, get other char, go back in the game, and voila, muled, note that games made like this will only stay for 1 minute, so only use this to mule a few small items

3. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Except the game can disappear immediately. Do NOT use this method - unless you wanna count on luck.

Joining a public questing game (which isn't likely to get full =P) might be a good idea for a fast xfer. Just drop the items on some random wp, or in act they're not yet.

Personally, I never mule alone... In fact I do, but with two chars (have multiple cd-keys) :).

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Although it is a risky method, I must admit that I've used it a lot, and NEVER lost an item sofar this way.
    I'm not saying it is the safest way, but I actually lost more items while muling with friends and then getting disconnected and rolled back. (I really hate it when that last one happens in a level service :( )

5. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

My favorite method: i have 3 cd keys.

I use at least 2 chars to mule ...
    -the "full" char makes the game
    -the mule joins the game
    -full char drops all his items .. and stays in game!
    -mule grabs all items
    -mule saves and exits

the "full" char stays in game during the whole the process. This prevent any item disappearing in case of server crash.

(sorry for my poor english)

6. -havok-

-havok- IncGamers Member

I always mule alone as i dont have any friends on bnet :(

i always use the same game name and pw (nothing obvious), so i dont ever make a game then forget what I've called it!

I usually make the game then go have a ciggy, then before I drop anything I leave and rejoin to ensure it permed. simple. then i drop and leave again.

I've had disconnects and pc crashes but always manage to get back in before the game disappears.

I have had 2 losses in about 100+ mules the worst being 2 20 life scs, 2 30+ mana lcs and a few other life scs 17s,18s and 19s disappointed but then, hey its only a game..! the other loss was only some low level twinking stuff, so I guess i might have been quite lucky.

i also ensure that my connection is running smoothly and that my 2 hour reconnect isn't about to happen :mad:

only ever once had a realm down for more than a minute or so and never when muling...

7. rg_22uk

rg_22uk IncGamers Member

8. Br_

Br_ IncGamers Member

All I do is make a game with the char that will end up with the transferred item wait some time and then leave and enter the game with the char that has the item to mule. If you can get into the game you can mule what ever you want. The game will stay around for some time.

My PC locked up once and I restarted and connected to the internet. I thought hey I will try to get it to the mule game that locked me up. I tried and was still able to get in.

9. newerest

Well, I do have two cd-keys but someone else also has the same cd-key and they never get off :mad:

Even though I didn't lose anything really good (Nord's, Swordguard, Bloodletter to name a few) this has started to get on my nerves

10. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

if someone else has your cd key and you are sure you never shared yours.. its either that you got your illegally or they got theirs illegally. Either way, you have two options. Buy another game or send your original cd and cd case to blizz and a note requesting new cd keys and wait a few weeks.

11. space_loner

space_loner IncGamers Member

about the immediately leave method... it's not 1 min, but usually around 10 sec max. When I just started playing I did it twice, and from the third time on it never ever worked. Lost countless items.

I like to go into a game with a decent player base (2 or 3) but is not likely to fill up fast (baal runs, etc) and drop my items in a secluded spot, it messed up on me a few times but is generally safe. Best games are...

Act 1 hell start
    Act 2 hell start
    Help me with Duriel...

12. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

the best way

i have used this method millions of times and have never had problems:

The Diablo Xfer

Step 1: Make a normal game with a good character
    Step 2: Take your time in killing diablo normal, kill all the monsters in chaos before opening any seals...etc.
    Step 3: get your mule to the game and xfer!

The game should stay up approximatly 20 minutes
    also never use the character with the xfer items to kill diablo...this way u always have to rejoin the game, and its a good way to make sure u spent enough time in the game

13. newerest

I have thought off this but, knowing Blizzard my cds will magically go to hell or something. (It's possible that we both bought the game and that we both happen to have gotten the same cd-key, since I bought mine)

If you and the rest of the people who read my original post, you would know that I was just complaing about losing my items due to a realm down. Also I just alt+tab and come to diabloii.net =D

14. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Simple...leave the game WITHOUT dropping anything, and join the game again..if you joined it OK, then drop them and mule away (try to limit the # of times you log on/off though, to dodge realm down). If you didn't join it, make another game, and wait 6 minutes. Then do it again.