Oh my! Nice rare bow. 433ed! (pic inside)

ronj

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh my! Nice rare bow. 433ed! (pic inside)

Found this sweet bow tonight. I was to lazy to start my english diablo copy so the screenshot is in french. It goes like this:

Screenshot here

Demon's song
Diamond Bow
Two hands damage: 175-229
+433% Enhanced damage
+16 to max damage
+205 to attack rating
Adds 9-24 cold damage

Kinda cute if you ask me, too bad it doesnt have ias or fools mod but I don't think these can spawn with such a high ED. I could 40/15 it would be stylish as hell, 473ed and 15 ias :clap:

By the way, it's on USeast ladder softcore.

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
Grobyc said:
Pretty nice bow, but it lacks IAS.
Very nice bow indeed, ias would have been possible but not fools.
Lack of ias doesn't matter as needs 105 for 8frame which is easy enough to get.

Necrophilous

Diabloii.Net Member
oooo.. what language is that? looks French..

too bad the stats arent on a ward bow or something with higher base damage.

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrophilous said:
oooo.. what language is that? looks French..

too bad the stats arent on a ward bow or something with higher base damage.
Diamond Bow: 33 to 40 (36.5 Avg) speed:[0]
Ward Bow: 20 to 53 (36.5 Avg) speed:[0]

:p

Very nice bow, tight dmg range and the min dmg on it is just :drool:

HoD

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice find.

I was under the impression that the xx% damage/15% ias jewels didn't work in bows. Is this wrong?

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
Nice find.

I was under the impression that the xx% damage/15% ias jewels didn't work in bows. Is this wrong?
ias/%dam jewels work fine...*drools over sweet bow*

ronj

Diabloii.Net Member
They certainly work ;)
The bug with enhanced damage is when it's not ON the weapon (ie on armor, helm or shield).

Diamond bows are nice for one thing, very tight damage range.

Wmeredith said:
Nice find.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
wmeredith...now quit messing around with these silly runeword bows and go find a nice wf and pop an ias/ed jewel in it and do some serious damage...off weapon ed is "bugged"...maybe they intended it to be this way....the damage is still added just not as much as you hoped for

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
wmeredith...now quit messing around with these silly runeword bows and go find a nice wf and pop an ias/ed jewel in it and do some serious damage...off weapon ed is "bugged"...maybe they intended it to be this way....the damage is still added just not as much as you hoped for
off weapon ed is only bugged if accompanied by min and/or max damage. There is no possible way that it can be 'meant' that a 40% jewel is superior to the much rarer 40/15max.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
...was it the ed/max min jewel that is bugged or place an ed jewel in combination with a separate min/max jewel?

edit...thx....for info....what i was originally getting at though was the way the damage is calculated when using an ed jewel in armour vs weapon....you will receive more damage if you socket the jewel directly into the weapon

sorry to get offtopic...still wishing that bow was on one of my zons....only 115 ias to strafe 8/2 with that rare...not bad

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
....................was it the ed/max min jewel that is bugged or place an ed jewel in combination with a separate min/max jewel?
both jewel with ed and min/max mod together or if the min/max is socketed before the ed.