Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh, MF...MF...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Oh, MF...MF...

I like the MFing game. It took me two weeks to build a MF necro. Finally my total MF is 391. Pretty neat. 25 Pit runs yielded nothing. Yawn, zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I've collected probably two sets of Isenhart.

If I can model my MF luck by a sine curve, my Y value now is -1. If you don't get it, it's ok.

Three Thul's dropped in 5 min in one of the runs. What kind of luck was that? :)

Hehe, my lab partner, who's a humongous goalie, told me MF standing for "m*ther f*cker." :lol:

2. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

I have a little more than half your MF and found Ali Babas, Andariel's Visage, IK belt, Fleshripper, Blackbog's, and two Ko runes.

I get the feeling that no matter how well one gets the MF charts, you still have to be lucky. I'm sticking with the pits because my last few Meph runs got me a handful of rare tridents and a flawed skull. Yuck.

I never thought I would be MFing with a summoner. I've been an Amazon fan since the bow bug days. My FA/Multizon with her 1.09 Mavinas sits in semi-retirement, remembering the days of hugging Zealots to kill packs of cows faster. But I digress...

3. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

Argh, this is stupid... 40 odd pitruns (about there, seriously, not exagerating), 10 baal runs solo, 2 meph runs (exceedingly boring) and all I got was a shael. Plus every single run I did I killed shrenk, eldritch, and pindle. This is hoorrrible.

I officially have the worse luck possible.

Ah well... I think I'll give up mfing and go back to trading

Sine Curve? I should be so lucky. I'm on a quadratic polynomial :)...

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

ROFLMAO :lol:

Nice one. :thumbsup:

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

lol :thumbsup:

but still, remember that MF is a big part luck, i had days that i didnt find a single elite unique in my daily baal runs and runs where i found a Collossus Blade and 3 runs after that a giant tresher ... so yeah, is all about luck

good luck on your mf runs.

robin

6. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

hah, I'm very very very lucky with getting the right sort of base item. Unfortunatly, I virtually never get uniques and sets. I have 400% mf by the way :)

I found, yesterday, FOUR coronas... do you know how PAINFUL that is?

Four WHITE coronas that is... in the same pit run game

:'(

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

hmmm...MF is a horrible, horrible thing. You only get good idamz when you least expect it. Woo hoo at completing trang set within the first month of ladder.

Damn helm...i've never used trang set before (as I hated it in 1.09) i didn't even realize it was so rare when I found it. What i panged for was the belt and I found one AFTER trading for one...lol

8. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

How do you guys get that high mf and still kill stuff with a summoner? Mine is currently lvl 74, with +5 all skills/+2 summoning skills. Even losing just a couple of +skills slows me right down. Currently i've got about 90 mf, before puting topaz into my armour or helm.

Edit: and very negative resists in hell. This is hc, so very scary

9. Necrochild313

You "augment" your summons. (we really need to think of a good term for this you guys, everytime I explain this I have to think of a new one because I forgot the old)

This is where you summon your minions with all your good stuffs on, and then with your summons already out you put on your MF gear.

Your max # of skellies will drop but the ones you already have out will stay as strong as they were, a very very useful technique.

on the resist thing, why don't you use a wizzie with an ist rune when MFing? In HC gaining items means nothing if you're just going to lose them. If you can't afford an ist rune just use the wizzie and a homoncolus when Mfing. That's +115 to resists right there, and with a pdiamond it'll be +134. Um a skullders if you find them/can afford them. With a necro (any build) resistances are god.

10. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Augmenting in this way is often called "buffing".

11. pliu

pliu Banned

I like to use my level 72 skelemance to do pit runs. :D . Go Go Go skeletons....
    Bangbang corpse explosion... and drink by the computer: drink: :drink:
    And if found nothing i will :rant: to the skeletons :D

12. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Well this is my first HC char who can manage to mf. I kind of like querky underpowered builds. The resists issue is improving, as i just found a mosers and a large charm with 19lit res. As far as the rest of the stuff goes, even a P.Topaz is expensive for me at the moment. I tend not to trade as I prefer to be playing, so i have to find every thing myself.

As far as prebuffing skele's goes I could have an Ali-Baba and a Rhyme shield on switch with my +skills gear? And a Topaz armour/helm switch? I have the runes for rhyme at least.

13. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Tals helm, belt, hat. +3 unique necro head. 2x nagel. rare boots, chancies, ali baba. Bunch of resist and mf charms, gheeds, annhilus. The key is a tough might merc.

14. Necrochild313

:scratch:

clerify?

15. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I agree. I was havin' fun with my skele/mf necro but I was having huge lag problems in trying to magic find...I would simply die. No items for me if I can't stay alive.

:hanky:

I bit my pride and lvled a blizz sorc. (clvl 50 atm, she's actually pretty fun to play) Mephs gonna get it from me soon.:grrr: :)

No but seriously, if you play hardcore there's probrably no better magic find char in 1.10 than a skeleman. In softcore I find the going slow at times currently, allthough Nightfish seems to have great success with Wsk runs. (See his guide)

Magic find in a group of freinds for increased drops btw....it works and helps to mule off your inventory as it fills up.

If any of you play west ladder (sc), you can join our mfing. My buddies a meph sorcin' fool and last night, by going with him, I became a lil' more well to do. :tophat:

16. pliu

pliu Banned

Here is my gear(pure mf),lvl 72:

helm: shako( Ptopz)
    body armor:skuler(Ptopz)
    rings: nerg,bul katu
    glove: change guard
    boot: war trav
    shield: trang's shield
    weapon: gull
    (switch: carin shard/sigon shield)
    amulet: mara's
    belt:goldwrap

4 +1 summon GC
    7 +%7 mf SC

it is about 475% mf +10 summon +5 all
    (switch about 375% mf +14 summon +7 all)

17. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Sorry, meant armor, hat and belt. :teeth:

18. Ezuku

Ezuku IncGamers Member

I run around half-naked with ptopaz everything (never quite saw the point in paying for something like skulders or shako). I don't "buff" either (just imagine there being a smiley most. It won't let me put in any more)

How do I actually kill things?

Corpse Explosion :D

Actually, corpse explosion is really, really, stupidly powerful. One - three shots of it can kill any monster in a huge screen radius. My merc gets the first body (bonehew, nats helm (don't have anything better... man, I need a Crown of Thieves) and duriel's shell (not etherial or upgraded :(), and my skeles are just "tanks".

I sometimes use skelemages if I'm doing anything remotely tough, as they tend to cluster around me, instead of the enemy... they're my "extra layer" of bone armor (Imagine a smiley there)

I guess they probably kill stuff... not sure about that :p. They're pretty good though...

You know, why couldn't they have made trangs armor turn you into a *COOL* monster... (imagine a frowny face there)... like an unraveller or an oblivion mage. At least they're *kinda* like necros. Not some wimpy vampire anyway. I find they move too jerkily.

ANYWAY, ptopaz armor all the way :D (I get to customize how my character looks as well :D)

19. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Ya but you have to be gold....:imagine a gag smile here: ;)

20. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

25 pit runs = statistically insignificant