Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oh Maher, you slay me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dacar92, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt Diabloii.Net Member

I don't see this being as bad as Coulter's comment but it's still pretty bad. It's really sad that people enjoy crap over real entertainment, but since crap sells we'll just keep having to hear about all these **** heads.

2. ClippersFan

ClippersFan Diabloii.Net Member

support:
    Funding a civil war in Lebanon against hezbollah
    starting a war

any more support needed?

3. WildBerry

WildBerry Diabloii.Net Member

What a sad, twisted ****er.

Maybe he's new to the concept, but when you start solving problems by taking people down, you'll soon notice there are more to be had, that the person you just took down wasn't enough.

Even though he didn't suggest the obvious, as much as bringing the topic up is enough to lose him any higher moral authority on this whole killing people issue.

Dumbass.

4. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Of course not. Making a speculative joke about a greasy lawyer's sexuality is far, far worse than wishing for a sitting VP's death.

At least, until the VP is a Democrat. If that were the case, the Secret Service would have already smashed down Maher's door.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

So what you're saying is that libertarians are nutty and have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease?

Wait, I've got to grab a pen and write this down.

6. Josiphos

Josiphos Diabloii.Net Member

The house DID pass their version of the non-binding resolution.

The Senate resolution failed because you need 60 votes to end debate. The republicans decided they didn't want to even have the vote (since they knew they would lose) so 60 votes is the 'majority' in that case.

How can the democrats pass something if they can't even get a vote on it?

As for minimum wage, I think thats a great idea.

The Democrats (read: weak on defense) finally passed a bill implementing the 9/11 commission recommendations! Its been what, 6 years since then with a total republican majority, and it took the democrats taking power to finally pass it?

I thought the republicans owned national defense?

7. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Whoop de doo! Had they any balls it would have ben binding.

Wrong. They wanted an amendment to it. That never passed so the bill failed.

They're reaping what they sowed. All the years they used the same parlimentary trick and now the left whines about it? You guys started this journey, now finish it.

You do realize that the extra cost from wages will be immediately passed onto the customer. The higher wage will immediately be offset by higher prices leading to inflation and thereby screwing EVERYBODY over. Educate yourself as to how long people stay at the minimum wage. It's typically no longer than 6 months and then only on your first job.

I myself only made minimum wage for 6 months back when I was 16. Every job I've had since then has paid me more and more. I've done what is necessary to make more money. I've gotten an education, worked hard, became very good at what I do. Don't punish me with inflation because one group refuses to better themselves.

Think maybe it's because the recommendations that weren't passed were completely useless tripe?

I used to also. They're soft and weak. But they're still better than the cowards on the left.

8. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Haha, you partisan hacks are all the same. When they block your votes, you whine and cry like children about how unfair it all is and express your outrage that they could "hold up democracy" like they do.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly you're the party blocking the votes, and it's justified because "they did it". Uh huh, we buy that.

:rolleyes:

Next election cycle, when the GOP gains the majority again, you can bet that Smeg will be on the warpath, whining and calling them commies for doing such a shameful thing. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

9. Josiphos

Josiphos Diabloii.Net Member

Next election when the Republicans lose another 20 seats in the Senate and 35 more in the House and the Presidency...

Smeg will implode!

EDIT: Maybe now the democrats should use 'the nuclear option' that Cheney threatened us with so many times and make it a simple majority for everything. Up or down vote as the Honorable Bill Frist says.

10. alexzed

alexzed Diabloii.Net Member

Lives would be saved by someone dying, not lives ruined for global domination. :rolleyes:

11. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

That'll only happen if they nominate a RINO. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen. Best thing though would be a Republican governor vs. a Democrat senator. Governors beat Senators, period.

I'd be all for it.

12. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich Diabloii.Net Member

I take it you're in favor of killing him then?

13. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich Diabloii.Net Member

You enjoyed the Carter administration?

14. Yaboosh

Yaboosh Diabloii.Net Member

Wait, I don't get it, where did he say he wishes Cheney were dead?

It seems a far different thing to say that people would be saved if he were dead (which may or may not be true) than to wish he were dead.

15. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

By this same logic, Coulter didn't call Edwards a "faggot".

16. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, the nuclear option is so much fun until the other side has the majority.