Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Offline petition

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by KesGan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. KesGan

KesGan IncGamers Member

2. Spens

Spens IncGamers Member

Re: Offline petition

I know a guy who would want to sign this petition....

But he has no internet.

3. KesGan

KesGan IncGamers Member

Sadly, this made me lol.

4. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

*ba dum tss* :D

I doubt they'd change their mind even if it had a million signatures

5. KesGan

KesGan IncGamers Member

In that case Blizzard will demonstrate only bad respect over the fans.

6. xManiaCCCx

xManiaCCCx IncGamers Member

they already give up once..with Real ID fiasco.. maybe this can change their mind?

I will be honest.. this wont affect me.. but is there any good reason to "not" provide offline single player?

7. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

maybe, but i do feel the way IJ feels. would this help anything?

8. Glass

Glass IncGamers Member

9. Rash

Rash IncGamers Member

can someone explain me why the no offline thing is suuuuuuch a big deal to so many people?? (I really don't get it)
    Ever since i touch bnet i knew i would never play offline again, even when i would play solo most of the time.
    The only downside were the occasionally lags, but other than that i don't know why you would even wanted to play offline. I think just the possiblity of trading or playing together *IF* you want it later on is far better than anything else imo.

10. sekira

sekira IncGamers Member

Who plays Diablo for the single player anyways? Practically NOBODY. Also this is a non-issue b/c 99.9999% of people have access to the internet, all the time nowadays, so there is no reason not to play online. I had a reliable enough internet connection 10 years ago that I never touched d2 SP.

It is a co-op game anyways, you should be playing it online with other people, at least some of the time.

I agree with them that having online only promotes a better game experience for the vast majority of people.

11. Tidolwav

Tidolwav IncGamers Member

Answering this and responding to both of you would take lots of time and reiteration of past threads, we've all answered these questions before. Also, that 99.99% of people have access to internet statement is false.

I signed the petition.

12. sekira

sekira IncGamers Member

yawn.

99.99% of people who would indeed buy a Diablo 3 game do have access to the internet. This is common knowledge.

Having both offline and online characters is pointless, which would just lead to the same problems that d2 had, which is terrible. This is only really a problem for those people who travel a ton, who probably shouldn't be playing d3 if they travel that much lol :smug

13. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

sekira do drop by the spf and try to educate yourself on the issue if you really are interested on out standpoint. As of now your just appearing very clueless about both the internet penetration across even a single country such as the USA and the reason why people choose to play singleplayer

@rash the same goes for you.

i could post an explanation as to why people want to play sp. but if i where to do it properly you would have quite a lot to read and somehow i doubt you would bother to do that

14. Rash

Rash IncGamers Member

Tidolwave and others: I just don't get it - there are so many changes to D3 but one of the only things that get a petition is something that makes no difference. You can play online single player and the game is 100% the same as offline.
    I mean, yeah, i am not against offline if people want it and it doesn't hurt me - so why not, but I just don't get it. It shouldn't be that big of a deal as many other things...
    Requiring you to have inet acces is the same deal nowadays than having a pc/notebook with up to date specs. This isn't ment to be offensive though

15. Tidolwav

Tidolwav IncGamers Member

Maybe I don't want to be online? What if I'm on my netbook where no internet is available? The point is, I want offline play available to me. The reason? It doesn't matter to you since you aren't going to use it. Make it available so we can. /end

16. lone_wolf

does the difference between a ping of 200 and one of 0 mean anything to you?

1 second is a very long time in a game as fast phased as diablo 3. Any game that has over 100 in ping would be unbearable for me personally and that will most likely happen in diablo 3 every single day.

in singplayer i never had to deal with the lying, scamming, botting, cheating , duping hellhole that is bnet and frankly i never want to do that either.

i can also play at my own phase not at the phase of some damn 14 year old kid on a suger rush.

as long as i have a computer i can play a singleplayer game wherever i want whenever i want.

if bobby decides to destroy diablo 3 after a year there is nothing you can do about it since you depend on the bnet servers to be up to be able to do anything.

17. sekira

sekira IncGamers Member

Your reasoning for wanting offline play is complete bull****.

Blizzard knows for a fact that most people who will buy the game have access to the internet. The money saved from pirated copies will make up and greatly exceed the very few that can not play due to their internet excuses.

For D3 to be an online success, there must be as many anti-hacks/anti-cheats measures as possible. I am willing to sacrifice some of our gaming freedom if it means I don't have to deal with jackasses who ruin the games for others online. There is no alternative to this, else we'll just end up with an online experience similar to diablo 2.

In short, get over it, it won't change.

18. Molecular

Molecular IncGamers Member

"This does not affect me so as long as it does not affect me I do not care and neither should you. Even though it affects you. I'm the only one that's important."

You cant honestly believe this will stop pirating in any way, shape, or form? If you are you're truly deluding yourself. And honestly, I find myself without internet (or at least stable enough internet to play on) ALL the time. Not everyone sits at home all day long. Some of have jobs that involve traveling. Some of us enjoy going other places where internet may not be available. Jesus.

Neither will this stop 3rd party software. Hell world of warcraft is online only and yet hackers run rampant. Ever been to orgrimmar? Hackers are TOYING with blizzard, teleporting around and doing whatever they want to promote their gold selling sites. There is honestly no good reason for this game to be online only.

19. sekira

sekira IncGamers Member

Thanks captain obvious, but I never did say anything about stopping piracy...

It will however, hinder piracy a good amount and put a dent in it, whether that is small or large depends more on how the online play is handled. More importantly, it will definitely hinder bots/map hacks the most.

This is because that server code is not provided directly to the end user like it was in diablo 2, but now they don't have to if there is no SP.

gg, you're wrong.

20. lone_wolf

@Sekira you are so clueless its quite sad. Let me correct you here and now with some real life data and not some subjective opinion you have about the world

http://www.internetworldstats.com/top25.htm

the usa have a total internet penetration of 76.3% that means that 23.7% percent of the total USA population have no access to internet. to make you understand what we talk about here that is 234402849 people that cant access internet in the USA alone

or perhaps you didnt know North america where just 13% of the population on the internet

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm