Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by mattinm, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Skjolde

Skjolde Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

pl0x L2P nub!

Sorry about the deeds:)

2. scrcrw

scrcrw Diabloii.Net Member

Condolences on the deeds, Thomh.

My lead in the ladder seems to be getting alarmingly small. Don't expect to take the top spot that easily, sequana!
    I have of course prepared a crushing counterattack :smug:
    Well, not so much actually. I stupidly killed Irene. Fana/Mana Burn Lister on /p7 got her. I guess I was relying too much on the Ocu Emergency Teleport...
    At least her head is resting comfortably (I didn't die trying to pick it up though, that would have been really stupid).

I'm sorry to say that Irene's death also marks the end of my participation in the HC ladder. The HC ladder stashes and Axe, the WWBarb, have been merged with my existing selffound HC pool.
    This was a well-considered decision, the deeds happened a couple of days ago (but I wanted to keep seq motivated ;), I'll upload later). If I could MP, I'd probably have staid in the ladder. Damn cellphone internet (which won't change for a while)...

Anyway, thanks to mattinm for the organization and good luck to everyone on the HC ladder!

3. sequana

sequana Diabloii.Net Member

Oh dear guys, I'm very sorry to hear that. But at least I take it as warning to be extremely careful in Chaos Sanctuary. I didn't do any test run, I just fearlessly start to run tomorrow as a careful mad.

@Thomh: It's going to be almost a HC "pvp" battle Blova vs. Blova :D. I feel my motivation growing :yes:.

4. Darkoooo

Darkoooo Diabloii.Net Member

Got stupidly killed by an evil force.

Guess that's the end for me too. Is there anyone interested in my items (HC Vanilla)? First one to post gets it all (not much there but I'm back to non-ladder for now so I don't need the stashes).

5. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

I am interested, if you don't mind that your items are merged with my HC rwm non-ladder stash. I will pm you my email later.

6. Assurbanipal

Assurbanipal Diabloii.Net Member

I haven't a lot of time, so I don't aspire to win, but...i cannot resist temptation!

Egoist FAM SC Amazon

7. Virtue

Virtue Diabloii.Net Member

8. Darkoooo

Darkoooo Diabloii.Net Member

Sure, just PM me your mail...

Items are [1.13c HC Vanilla] for the record.

Good luck to everyone in the ladder and thanks to mattinm for the organization!:thumbsup:

9. The Vortex

The Vortex Diabloii.Net Member

Small update to my phoenixsin.
    Ajna is now level 22 and in act2. Act 1 went smoothly and without any problems even on /players 8. I completed all quests in Act 1 except Q5. I was lucky to find death gloves (still gambling/looking for belt) and Gull dagger. Andy went quickly since my fully charged Fists of Thunder are doing over 400 dmg at the moment, but the last hit was a "poke" from Gull to increase the chance of getting good stuff but nothing good dropped.
    I'll continue with act 2 when time allows.

Ajna, Level 22 Assassin, HC Vanilla, Act 2 Normal

10. Hairless

Hairless Diabloii.Net Member

Hairless SC Vanilla

11. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

KillaMike SC FAM.

level 81 hammer din. now in hell gonna join your hbaalies soon <3

12. jdkerr

jdkerr Diabloii.Net Member

Let's get a ladder tournament of some kind going!

(I still like the idea of a PvP tournament in a month or two, and I have been thinking a lot about building the proper character. I hope others are thinking similarly...)

13. Nibiru-

Nibiru- Diabloii.Net Member

Worked my fishymancer up to the Pits in A1 Hell. I had to use one of my resets, I was going to try something different and build up Poison Nova due to the 1.13 buffs, but it wasn't very effective. As for now I'm going to pause for a few evenings and MF the Pits. I'll move on once I've gotten some decent gear for myself and my merc. Finished the night at level 76.

DJ-Bilepuddle, Fishymancer, SC FAM

14. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

Getting this in here as quickly as I can, with my internet being terrible. With my internet issues, and moving out to DC at the beginning of June, I'm going to be unable to host a ladder tournament. Someone else is more than welcome to, and here are my idea (I haven't looked through the posts, as I don't know when my internet will drop, so I hope I'm not repeating any ideas). If anyone wants to send me a PM about hosting, I'll likely receive it via email notification when my internet decides to spot up.

Idea #1: Token of Absolution Challenge
    Everyone will be given a 20 hour running window over the course of a week (similar to bassen's MFO) to create as many Tokens as possible. This involves killing Andy/Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal. Multiple characters are allowed to run per entrant; however, Ladder credit goes to the character that collects the most essences (or has the greatest run-time in the even of a tie).

Idea #2: Rune-hunters tournament
    Entrants are given a 20 hour period within a week (see above) to collect as many runes as possible. The entire "cubeable" amount will dictate the winner. Multiple entrants are allowed per player (runes only count if found on the respective character, however). Hell forge runes do not count toward the total per character.

I like the first idea, because it encourages running multiple areas (and collecting some serious cheese :p). I've actually been practicing with my Lite sorc doing that exact thing, because I've needed to respec her a few extra times to try some ideas out.

The second idea is meant to encourage players to either do more area running or setup a barb/other character for the Trav. I had almost no success in the latter over a four day span, collecting several Um's, and then had Ber's drop within 5 minutes of each other. Fun times indeed :D. You could also run LK/cows, if you preferred. Even the Countess might threaten a top spot over a 20 hour period if nobody gets lucky in the other areas.

Upcoming PvP Tournament
    There will be a PvP tournament in mid-/late-July, so prepare yourself some characters if you would like to compete. I'll post up a specific thread about the tournament in late June to iron out the details, etc, and set firm dates.

15. LprMan

LprMan Diabloii.Net Member

Time for a fresh start

LprMan HC FAM

16. Thomh

Thomh Diabloii.Net Member

Both of the tournaments looks good to me, I don`t have any strong preferences for one over the other.

Do you have any plan for the HC players when it comes to PvP? I`m suggesting something like lvl 9 or 12 for HC`ers, so we won`t lose a lot of time and effort when we lose. Since I haven`t PvPed I have no idea how looting works.....is it possible to let the opponent pick up our stuff if we die?

Even though the characters don`t take a lot of effort to create, don`t mean the jewels and TC3s we have to use are easy to come by.

Edit: Also, I`m a FAM player by heart. The call of Insight, Spirit and especially Harmony is too strong, so I`m going to convert all my characters to RWM. I`ll update the ladder table tomorrow and my trader profile right now.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  17. Nibiru-

Nibiru- Diabloii.Net Member

It was a fruitful day for my Fishymancer. After equipping my Act 2 Merc with some runewords to boost his damage, (Honor and Duress, both cheap but effective) I was plowing my way through the pits on /p5. I tried it on /p8... we're not quite ready for it. I tired of the Pits though, and pushed through the rest of the Act, and half of Act 2.

I had reached the zone of ultimate frustration for all summoners (the maggot lair) and almost gave up for the day. I pushed through however, and was rewarded with a Bstar. Moments later I found myself in the Ancient Tunnels, I hunted down the sparkling chest and (without cheesing it) A Gul Dropped!

Being a longtime, but never truly dedicated, player of D2 this is the highest rune I've found myself. I started playing again in 1.13 to give Diablo a good sendoff, and so far it's been quite enjoyable!

Finished the day at level 83.
    DJ-Bilepuddle, Fishymancer, SC FAM, A2 Hell

18. frozzzen

frozzzen Diabloii.Net Member

Sad day for my Ladder career. After some LK runs and this and that I finally had some nice character. My stashes were nice indeed until today.
    I admit I haven't played a lot in recent times and considered to give up from Ladder. Today I sorted stashes, cleared my character, deleted all .org files cause they were annoying (fatal mistake here) and went running LK. Found Ist. Hey nice, let's unload all in stashes. Opening rune stash...
    !!
    Corrupted. :(
    I checked all of my stashes and three of them were down - Runes, Gems and Essences. Others are fine. Sadly I lost Sur, Lo roughly 800 gems and I'm down. I backuped my stashes month ago so there are still some nice runes inside and so, but this is very bad. Combine this with my loss of will to play ladder and you know what is happening. Yes, I quit SPF Ladder :(

It was very fun in beginning, finding my first Wizardspike and so on but now it has become mindless grinding in LK and Pindle in hope of finding only three items - Ber, Ber, Griffon. It's pretty much like non Ladder play so it lost it's charm.

Inoe is still intact. She will be reborn in some form or another but won't be part of SPF Ladder anymore. I will take some items from my Ladder stashes (Soj, Chilling of Balance, Ghoul Needle Phase Blade and some self found Grailers and give rest to one Ladder player).
    There are still nice items inside, like Sur, Vex, Gul, Ist couple of Mals, 2os CoA, 3os Tomby, 2 Sparkling and Burning skillers and so on. (I'll also keep Countess runes from backuped stashes but will give all Mal+ ).

If there is anyone who would be willing to take over my items I would be grateful. I know this is no place to hold giveaway but only person that would like items would obviously read SPF Ladder thread.

Tnx mattinm for organizing this thing and good luck in reaching your goal ;)
    If possible would you put Inoe in italic * like dead HC character since it's not part of Ladder anymore?

19. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the items frozzzen. I'll make sure they get their use, especially those lite skillers :p. My internet has stabilized so I'll probably be hosting a small give away over the next few days for basic/mid-level items on the Ladder to help some people along, and I'll be sure to include some of your items in there.

I'm also working on finalizing the next Ladder tourney, so everyone keep an eye out for the thread in the next few hours. I decided on option #1, the essence hunting, so hopefully we get a few people interested in that. I'm moving May 31-June 1st to another house in town (recently purchased), and I'm moving out to DC for an internship June 3rd, so we won't be starting the tournament until the week of June 7th.

20. zarfen

zarfen Diabloii.Net Member

Registering myself for this, although a bit late start it will be a good motivator for my restart :)
    I've decided to go self found this time around, but I might pop for in for some mp ocne I care to update my profiles and other neccisities (lol, spelling?)

I'll be continuing on my level 60-ish fire/orber tonight, hopefully respecing her for some blizz meph action very shortly :thumbsup:

zarfen SC FAM

Edit: Proper update once I'm properly reg'ed ;)

Edit2:
    mattinm: when can I pm you for website pass? i.e when am I considered "in" the ladder? ;)